shape
carat
color
clarity

New Here!

goldyoldies

Rough_Rock
Hi everyone! :wavey: I'm horrible at introductions...but I'm a great list maker. So I'll make a list:

I'm Annie.

I'm a photographer.

I'm engaged to Joe.

Joe and I grew up 1 mile apart.

We have known each other for 28 years.

We rode the same bus to school and even had to deal with him as the annoying best friend of my younger brother (and STILL are best friends!).

We live in the house he grew up in, 1 mile from the house I grew up in. We love our small town.

I have been married once, and have a beautiful almost-12 year old daughter. Joe has never been married.

We've been dating almost 6 years.

Got engaged a little after our 5 year anniversary when he proposed at a trip to a small waterfall in our area. He made sure my daughter was there. (And that she had been in on it the entire time.) They have a wonderful relationship. She has been calling him "My Almost Step-Dad" for close to 2 years now.

He bought a diamond that had once been part of Jewels by Erica Grace collection, but had been sold to a woman not far from us. She put it up for sale, and that is when he bought it.

It is a 1.43 OEC, VS1, K/L.

He then had it reset into a custom made setting by a local jeweler.

Wedding date is 10-10-15.

We are getting married at our house. We have 20 acres and a beautiful view of the valley. We couldn't imagine being married anywhere else.

I have 4 bridesmaids, he has 9 ( :o ) groomsmen. (Will be one man on each arm).

I've actually been a member of Pricescope for a long time - but never for anything other than to learn about/drool over diamonds. I love old cuts and vintage style settings.

I live a life that is blessed with the man of my dreams, a daughter that is more than I could have asked for, with a career that I love, a loving family, supportive friends, the health to enjoy it all. I'm THANKFUL.

Looking forward to getting to know the other brides here. Congratulations to all of you! Cheers!

Annie

maple2012

Shiny_Rock
Hello there!!!! Nice to meet you and welcome!!! :wavey:

mary poppins

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Annie. :wavey: Congratulations on your engagement. :appl:

Do you have an area of specialty for your photography?

pandabee

Ideal_Rock
What a lovely story! Lots of serendipity going around. Best of wishes to the both of you...your wedding sounds like it's going to be absolutely lovely! Two fun number quirks I love about your story: your carat weight 1.43...if you've ever heard of the phrase "143" which is short hand for for "I love you" (count the letters in each word), and I love your wedding date! Mine is going to be 10-10 this year ;)) Congrats and welcome!!

goldyoldies

Rough_Rock
Thanks for the welcome! I specialize in real estate photography. I was a Realtor, and when the market crashed, had already been providing photography and virtual tours to all of my fellow office Agents as well as a couple others, decided rather than to ride the low wave and go broke (I was recently separating/divorcing and with a 2 year old), that I'd put my license inactive and focus on the photography. That was 8 years ago! :shock: I've now branched out into all kinds of photography (newborns, families, seniors and events/weddings)...but real estate photography is my favorite. The agents I work with are wonderful and it's nice to have the consistent interaction with a handful of people. Feels like coworkers without the drama.

And thanks for the fun number thoughts! I didn't know that about 143 - how cool!! And congrats on YOUR upcoming wedding!!
:)

minidancer

Shiny_Rock
Hi Annie! Congrats on your engagement!

Please post some photos of your engagement ring! :bigsmile: I saw photos of your RHR and it is beautiful!

goldyoldies

Rough_Rock
Hi! Thanks for the congrats! :) Here are a couple picture I took. I have a few others, but not so handy. And don't have any of it on my finger. :-/

_18449.jpg

3_118.jpg

_18449_1.jpg

minidancer

Shiny_Rock
It's beautiful, thank you for sharing! :bigsmile:

Smores84

Shiny_Rock
:wavey: Hi Goldyoldies! Your story & photos of your ring are beautiful!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results