shape
carat
color
clarity

freshadamas or aaa fresh for long necklace?

EmilyEmily

Rough_Rock
So, up to this point, I've been happily wearing my college-girl freshwater pearls from Jcrew. I'm ready to buy something better from PP, and I've decided on a 35 inch that I can wear doubled, BUT now I'm wondering if I should go for AAA freshies or Freshadama. What difference will I see, and is it possible to request a rose overtoned freshwater or Freshadama?

Advice or photos of anyone's 35 inch Freshadamas very much appreciated. Thank you!

bsomlo

Ideal_Rock
I don't own any "freshadamas" (a term coined by PP to describe their roundest, most lustrous AAA: "Our freshadama line, however, is composed of the loose grade - the finest freshwater pearls produced in the world today. They are guaranteed to be unlike any freshwater pearls found in a retail jewelry store in the United States."). I do own 144" of AAA from PP. I think my first choice in overtone request was silver, followed by rose. Thank you for the opportunity to pull these out. I must wear them soon!

pp_aaa_white_freshwater_1.jpg

pp_aaa_white_freshwater_2.jpg

pp_aaa_white_freshwater_3.jpg

pp_aaa_white_freshwater_4.jpg

NacreLover

Brilliant_Rock
Pinked akoya's and pinked freshwater don't look the same. If you've admired akoya's, just a warning.

EmilyEmily

Rough_Rock
That's helpful to know. I really like your cream metallics, though, so maybe cream/ivory will be a good choice. (I don't care for the very stark, white-white look on my pale self). I'm blonde, and I'd always heard that a rose overtone was the best choice for that, but the ivory is gorgeous on your pearls.

bsomlo

Ideal_Rock
Here are my hanadama (pinked akoya with .7 mm of nacre) and a shot of the AAA white freshwater (smaller mm but pure nacre) next to my hanadama so you can compare. I am seriously thinking of upgrading my mobile just to get clearer pearl pictures!

Both beautiful, but different (with very different price tags)!

pp_hanadama_1.jpg

pp_hanadama_2.jpg

pp_hanadama_and_pp_aaa.jpg

bsomlo

Ideal_Rock
Here is a shot of the hanadama being worn:

And here is a shot of 122" of the 144" being worn:

I agree that metallics are fantastic, but be aware that they are off-round upclose, though on your neck everyone will see them as round.

Here is my PP graduated triple white metallic, also "cream" (though it looks very white on me):

Have fun choosing and keep us posted!

26_inch_hanadama_with_drop_0.jpg

124_of_the_144_inch_0.jpg

metallic_white_triple_0.jpg

pp_triple_metallic_neck_shot_with_red_1.jpg

EmilyEmily

Rough_Rock
Bsomlo, I love them!

It is getting more difficult to choose. I was so sure, but am now wondering about Freshadamas vs. AAA freshies AND metallics...

bsomlo

Ideal_Rock
They are all beautiful, you'll just have to decide what is most important to you: roundness (freshadama), luster (metallic), round enough/lustrous enough AAA...? Have fun!

baby monster

Ideal_Rock
Premium
bsomlo|1400432558|3675513 said:
They are all beautiful, you'll just have to decide what is most important to you: roundness (freshadama), luster (metallic), round enough/lustrous enough AAA...? Have fun!
Excellent points, bsomlo. Just like with diamonds, you need to make your priority list. I'm not big on roundness but love luster so metallics would be higher on my list. You do have to consider that metallics aren't always available in all sizes like regular freshwater pearls.

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have not bought any non-Freshadama metallics CFWPs from PP as I am shape sensitive when it comes to round pearls, and would prefer to spend more and get Freshadamas as they are more uniformly round.

DK :))

LitGeek

Brilliant_Rock
I have both freshadama, AAA, and metallic and they are all equally gorgeous! The freshadamas are my favorite though and they have silver-rose overtones.

ltlmsmfft

Shiny_Rock
Bsomlo those Hanadama's are stunning! They look great on you too.

For me, I would spend the extra money and get the strand made in the Freshadama grade. I recently bought a Freshadama strand and I asked for a silver overtone because I have a metallic strand that I love in a silver overtone. When I got hte Freshadama strand, I realized that silver overtones look very different on non metallic strands which are more white. The stark white did not work for me, so I exchanged them for a strand with rose overtones which I love (and am wearing today). Roundness is a really big deal to me, so I don't think I would be happy with AAA freshwater pearls. PP can send you comparison photos prior to buying which may help you make your decision.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results