shape
carat
color
clarity

Berries a la Wendy

Confection10

Brilliant_Rock
I started the thread, because these are my first dyed pearls, but propably not lasts. Especially if they were as beautiful as these different shade reds and coppers. I'm not sure about size of pearls, but I suspect about 8-9mm, maybe little over. These are from Pearlescence.

I drooled over pkinnew's cranberries, but wanted little bigger than POJ had on stock. These aren't like POJ's pearl, but more characteristic. With amazing colour :lickout:. Perfect for summer.

_17940.jpg

_17941.jpg

_17942.jpg

_17943.jpg

Confection10

Brilliant_Rock
More these yummies. There is peachy-pink strand too, because colours match well together. Peachies are quite colorless on my neck alone, so they found a new friend from berries :lol:

_17944.jpg

_17945.jpg

_17946.jpg

_17947.jpg

Confection10

Brilliant_Rock
And neck shots, of course

_17948.jpg

_17949.jpg

bright ice

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful color!

Pattye

Shiny_Rock
Trade
Your twisted strands look delightful together, and the colors go very nicely, Confection 10! Berries is such a good name for these necklaces! Some prefer only natural colored pearls, I know, but when high quality pearls are dyed, the effect can be beautiful! It's fun to see how much you enjoy your pearls! :appl: :appl: :appl:

Confection10

Brilliant_Rock
bright ice, thanks :wavey:

Pattye, thank You! Since last october there haven't been a single day without pearls. Then my first pearls arrived. Wendy described these "sort of dark rust, red, orange, cranberry" colours. And they definately are like berries :wavey:

periwinklegirl

Brilliant_Rock
Lovely!

katbran

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Now those are some great dyed pearls ! Look at that shine! Wendy knows how to pick em ! :appl:

Pearlescence

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Thank you all, especially Confection10, who had those cheerful babes knotted up on the day they arrived!
Small warning. It is getting harder and harder to find ready dyed pearls in Hong Kong. A few years ago they were plentiful, then quality took a big jump and there were acres of decent round whites.
Now it's whites and natural colours. Last time I was there even decent quality black dyed freshwaters were in short supply. I didn't find any top quality black half drilled that were good enough for me. Anything decent is being bleached for white as that is still what sells most.

bsomlo

Ideal_Rock
Pattye|1399744874|3669818 said:
Your twisted strands look delightful together, and the colors go very nicely, Confection 10! Berries is such a good name for these necklaces! Some prefer only natural colored pearls, I know, but when high quality pearls are dyed, the effect can be beautiful! It's fun to see how much you enjoy your pearls! :appl: :appl: :appl:

I agree with Pattye -- I get a lot of pleasure and smiles seeing your joy in wearing your pearls in your unique and exuberant style. I would recognize you, without having seen your face, anywhere!

pkinnew

Brilliant_Rock
I really love your berries! I think you'll have lots of fun with the colors and lengths, you layering queen!

Confection10

Brilliant_Rock
Many thanks, ladies :appl: . I was surprised about lustre and shine, when I saw them. I didn't expect it because pearls were treated. So sad, if this kind of pearls will disappear...they are so funny.

ckrickett

Ideal_Rock
those are gorgeous!! I adore the color!

LitGeek

Brilliant_Rock
What a fun strand! They look like beautiful perfect cranberries, just delicious! Congrats and enjoy!

kylier

Shiny_Rock
Wow! Those look amazing on you! I mean, they look amazing in the pictures, but they look like they were made to go with your skin tone and just make you glow! Juicy berries indeed!

Confection10

Brilliant_Rock
crickett, Lit Geek and kylier, thank you :wavey: . I don't know how this colour works on winter, but now, when I have tanned a little, they match my skin.

_18128.jpg

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
what a great look on you! you are so right re the peach just fading out...but with the berries?! wowzer! :appl: :love:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results