shape
carat
color
clarity

Setting....Opinions Needed on Price/Value

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

beautifuldisaster

Shiny_Rock

Maxine

Brilliant_Rock
Hope this works price was $3420. for 2tcw (w/out center)..right??

squ.jpg

beautifuldisaster

Shiny_Rock
Thank you!!! I appreciate that.

yes, price is w/out center stone.

Demelza

Ideal_Rock
In platinum or white gold?

beautifuldisaster

Shiny_Rock
It says available in plat or white gold...doesnt say which the price reflects however.

honeynut

Shiny_Rock
I think it is totally gorgeous!!!!! But yes, a tad $$$. Then again 2ctw, esp in plat, I consider a darn good deal. Find out how big the basket is... if you think the setting is expensive, I would worry about a heart attack when its time to purchase the stone!!!

Maxine

Brilliant_Rock
Last night I was concentrating on the pic.....what size center stone are you considering????

beautifuldisaster

Shiny_Rock
Thanks for your replies.

After much back and forth my bf called me the other day and told me that I could have whatever kind of ering I wanted and I can pick it out. I was elated. I am not trying to put him in the poor house though. I loooove this setting so much! I originally loved some of the Tacori settings, but $6k for a setting is not in our budget unless I want a stoneless ring.

I am thinking of a 1-2.25 or 1.5 if I am oh so lucky Asscher cut for the center.

Feedback?

Thanks!

beautifuldisaster

Shiny_Rock
I abbbbbbsolutely love it! My bf can afford it, although if I could get the price down that would help with my being able to get a nicer center. I would be cool w/ white gold over plat.

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
There might be a problem with that ring...

Judging from the weight (between 1 and 1.5 Tcw), those trillions are about 7mm wide (on each side). That allot more than a 1-1.2 carat asscher (what I remember the proposed center is).
Since the grades of the large sidestones are not mentioned, it is hard to tell how good the price is: most of the 3.5k is just the cost of the sidestones (probably around 2k). The rest of the setting looks like it has been assembled from pre-made parts - not the most expensive or precise option.

There's nothing inherently wrong with the look, but this is rather unsual: just wanted to make sure the detail is clear.

A very fine handmade setting might cost just as much even if the sidestones are set in proportion; since that would mean allot less "tcw" and allot more craftmanship. So... there is no "right choice" moneywise.

It would be easier to decide details with a center stone at hand.
34.gif

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
... this is waht I mean.
4.gif

SideaX.JPG

Diamondsbybree

Brilliant_Rock

I could see the price being justifiable if it were in platinum.. It is pretty though.

emsmile.gif

beautifuldisaster

Shiny_Rock
yuck! i see what you mean :razz: thanks for posting that. The trills are .30 each. Does that help out any? Most likely with a 1.01 carat center.

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 4/2/2005 366 PM
Author: beautifuldisaster
The trills are .30 each.
.3 cts sides sounds reasonable. But with them, the price of the setting should go down handsomly as well. In all honesty, I would not go for that model - even in a blurry picture it looks unfinished
14.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results