shape
carat
color
clarity

Finally, pics of my dress!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

treysar

Brilliant_Rock
Hi all, I have been meaning to post this, and Melissa Sue kindly reminded me :) I'ts Maggie Sottero's "Paulette" - it was HUGE on me (yay) so you have to use your imagination a bit.

I stuck a pic of my hair trial in there too. Feel free to share your too! :)

tdress1.jpg

treysar

Brilliant_Rock
The back..

tdress3.jpg

treysar

Brilliant_Rock
hair..

thair1.jpg

ammayernyc

Brilliant_Rock
So beautiful!

lmurden

Ideal_Rock
Tresar you look lovely and I love your hair style!
36.gif

flopkins

Ideal_Rock
treysar- it''s beautiful on you!!!
36.gif
36.gif
and you''re gorgeous too, of course! fun hair pic too... this sounds like a dumb/weird/silly question, but does that hairstyle hurt your head? Whenever I have my hair up in a tight bun like that, I get a headache after a few hours... which is why I''m thinking that kind hairstyle might not be so good for me, just wondering if anyone else has the same problem...
9.gif

Gale

Shiny_Rock
Wow! You look so very beautiful. I am sure it''s not just the dress and the hairstyle.

rms

Brilliant_Rock
treysar, I love your dress, and you are gorgeous!! I noticed on the maggie sottero website that it has optional straps. Will you go strapless like in your pic or with straps? Also, is there a train or no train? I love the chiffon vs. satin fabric...it flows so beautifully.

I wore maggie mariella, which is very similar to yours...the gathering of the skirt is pretty much the same, but mine didn''t have as much detailing in the bodice. It had a sweep train, but looked longer on me because I am shorter than the model dress.

Your up-do looks great!! I would expect that it is done with pins. Flopkins, I had an up-do done with all pins, and it was so unbelievably comfortable, and didn''t hurt at all. I even slept with it and wore it the next day too. When my hair is in an everyday poiytail, my head definitely starts to hurt.

treysar

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks everyone!
face1.gif

Flopkins, believe it or not, the hair did not hurt at all - t felt like it wasn''t even there - and I was headbanging to see if it would fall out of place, and it didn''t!!

RMS - I loved Mariella too! They were my 2 final choices! I can see the bodice in your avatar - it is a very pretty dress! I liked paulette becuase the details had littel stars that lookedl ike starfish
emstar.gif
, and i''m getting married on the sand! (I''m a dork!)

treysar

Brilliant_Rock
Here''s one of the halter straps, (but i look like a fatty in this pic). I''m going to wear it which ever way makes "the girls" look smaller.

halt1.jpg

NoonersMom

Shiny_Rock
Treysar, the dress is beautiful on you! I love the bodice in the back! Food for thought....you have great shoulders! If you are comfortable, go without the straps. Sometimes I think the straps visually take away from one''s natural shoulder line. Again food for thought. Either way, very beautiful! :)

sevens one

Ideal_Rock
Wow Trey- you look so lovely.
When''s the big day?

I just love the dress

rms

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/30/2005 1:17:20 PM
Author: treysar

RMS - I loved Mariella too! They were my 2 final choices! I can see the bodice in your avatar - it is a very pretty dress! I liked paulette becuase the details had littel stars that lookedl ike starfish
emstar.gif
, and i''m getting married on the sand! (I''m a dork!)
hehe...I can see the stars in the close up photo. I think that is so perfect considering you are getting married on the sand. Not dorky at all...too cool!! You didn''t say if you have a train.

Based on your 2 photos, I vote for the no straps. Don''t worry about "the girls". If you''ve got it, be proud!!
16.gif

treysar

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you :) You guys rock!

I''m not quite sure what a train is. The dress is really long, but i think it''s just big. so I don''t think it drags behind me, if that''s what you mean!

Buena Girl

Brilliant_Rock
Beautiful dress treysar!
36.gif

I''m not sure if straps versus no straps would necessarily make your "girls" look bigger or smaller, but IMHO outfits that have halter straps tend to draw attention towards girls'' upper bodies. There''s kind of an optical illusion of the straps coming from behind a girl''s neck and making a triangle shape with girls'' chests. Sort of like the straps are pointing right at girls'' "girls". So, if you''d rather draw attention away from your upper body, then wearing the dress strapless paired with a sparkly pendant on a short chain may be an idea to consider.

Has anyone else noticed the triangle thing?? I could be way off base because I work with geometric shapes a lot (especially today!)
9.gif

Regardless, both pictures of you look great, so I think you could wear the dress either way without a worry!!!

dietvanillacoke

Rough_Rock
hey treysar! BEAUTIFUL!! i am a maggie bride too.. so excited. i''ve ordered "bethani" in all white.

just a note-- i''ve got some big "girls" too which i wanted to minimize attention to for the wedding (wanting to be demure and all) and what i''ve found to be best is a modified sweetheart neckline. If you make the neckline dip just a bit in the middle (and alter the top so that it fits you like a glove, obviously) it really makes a huge (ahem, excuse the wording) difference. at least, it did for me! every dress that went straight across made me look huge and wide, but the ones with the modified sweetheart really stuck right up against my chest and kind of molded them down to make them more subtle. i don''t know if you know what i mean. you can go to maggiesottero.com and look up "bethani" to see the neckline i''m talking about. you can see it best in the dress "grace". that was the dress that made me decide on the neckline as a must.

but i must say you look BEAUTIFUL in the dress as it is!!!

another tip-- my bridesmaid is a bit of a tomboy who used to play ice hockey so lacing up the back of the dress was just like lacing up skates for her. she pulled them super tight (which hurt but is worth it) and i really don''t think i even need any undergarments!! as long as the dress holds together, that is.. haha...

i NEVER post! regular lurker! but i was just so excited to see a fellow maggie bride with the corset back! I LOVE IT!!!!

treysar

Brilliant_Rock
Diet vanilla, what a great way to think iof it - like skates! Fi and I are big hockey fans, as a matter of fact we got engaged at the hockey hall of fame, and I playd roller hockey and he played deck & Ice hockey!! Too bad I couldn''t have him lace it up!!

treysar

Brilliant_Rock
oooooooooooooooooh, BEthani is very pretty! I see what you mean about the neckline!

aliciamt7

Rough_Rock
You look great in your gown! I LOVE Maggie gowns--mine was the Mariella as well! How exciting to see that others had similar or the same gown as me, I was looking for dress twins for a long time! I felt that I was the only one with it!

You look great--it''ll be even better when it''s finally finished and fitted and you''re all put together that day!

Alicia

rms

Brilliant_Rock
hey aliciamt7, I wrote to you in the "let''s post our wedding dresses" when I saw that you bought mariella too...check out page 9 or 10 I think. I think yours has the lilac sequins? I bought mine in white on white, and adored it, but I really wanted the lilac. I just couldn''t convince anyone that I should get it (my family is somewhat traditional). So I got lilac flowers to make up for it. You can see them in my avatar.

dietV, bethani is gorgeous too...all white...I would love to see pics when you get yours, or if you have some now. The corset back is amazing...no undergarments required, I agree. And I swear, more people told me they liked the back of the dress than anything else. It was so funny.

You will all be gorgeous!! Too late for me, but I was lucky I got to wear my dress twice, since we had 2 receptions. The first time I was so sad to have to take off, but I''ll admit that after having to go through it all twice, I was happy to be done!
28.gif

treysar, yeah the train is what drags on the ground behind you. Sounds like once you get the alterations on paulette, there might not be one.

oh, and I love to see pics of the maggie brides on the maggie sottero website. The other day it was disabled, but it is working now. Maybe some of the pics are new.

I love pics of real brides about as much as I like pics of rings!!
36.gif
36.gif

innerkitten

Ideal_Rock
Treysar you look great in that dress! It''s perfect :)

qtiekiki

Ideal_Rock
You look beautiful in the dress. I like it strapless more than with strips, but (according to my mom and sis) I always get strapless dresses. How long did it take to do your hair???

JessesGrl

Brilliant_Rock
Beautiful...I love corset backs ( I got one too...plus when I eat at the reception I can loosen it...hahah) When are you getting married?

eks6426

Ideal_Rock
Treysar--beautiful dress and you look gorgeous in it. I second dietvanillacoke''s suggestion on creating a bit of a sweetheart neckline. I too have some big girls and I found the slight dip in the center really helped make them look less large. I am pretty sure that Mara had her dress altered to a sweetheart neckline...you might want to check the threads on her dress. It should be a really easy alteration. If you do want to wear straps you could have a some thin spagetti staps (maybe with beading to match your dress) made and put on straight over your shoulders rather than halter style. Just a few suggesions. Congrats on getting your dress.

PS. Your hair looks great too!

MelissaSue

Ideal_Rock
yay! You look so fantastic in that dress. Love the hair too!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results