shape
carat
color
clarity

1.92 Carre Cut Eternity in Platinum - Pic overload!

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
gregchang35|1388288001|3582281 said:
We are sorta twins- you have milgraining whereas mine is plain. Woo hoo!
Love the way u stack!

Greg, I'm looking at your band! It's fabulous!! Yay, ring twins. Too bad Circe sold hers, could have been triplets! I'm gonna go back and look some more at your band now...

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Andelain|1388334488|3582484 said:
Positively yummy! :love: :love:

Thanks Andelain, almost as yummy as all your studs!! ;-)

Elysian

Brilliant_Rock
I am hypnotized by this beauty!! :appl: ! It looks amazing next to your e-ring! Love the pictures too! :love:

bebe

Ideal_Rock
Gorgeous band !! On my list as well!

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
bebe|1388455671|3583480 said:
Gorgeous band !! On my list as well!

Hi bebe, I just looked at your ring. omg... that is a serious ring. Seriously beautiful... :love: :love: :love:

I am honored you'd like something little and ... little like my little band. :) Thank you...

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Elysian|1388449753|3583411 said:
I am hypnotized by this beauty!! :appl: ! It looks amazing next to your e-ring! Love the pictures too! :love:

Elysian, thank you. I love your beautiful ring too. It's an amazingly beautiful version of Asschergirl's ring in a cushion. I really, really love it. I would love to do something like that with my ring too, if only I had the courage...

sarahb

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
LLJsMom,

I have admired your band well, since you got it! :). I really REALLY like it :love: :love: so much that I've decided I need one too!

I contacted Jeff by email & phone, I also googled his addresses this week. I'm not sure if I had the correct address, (I googled from the card you posted) but it doesn't look like he has a retail store front.

I also contacted Mark Broumand as well. Incidentally Jeff's price is quite a bit lower then Marks! Who else sells carre cut bands I wonder?

You had mentioned in Greg's thread when he posted his band, you thought your stones were not lining up as you wanted. ?? I'm just wondering how it is now after some wear?

What's your impression of Jeff when you met him? & his display at the show? This is one of the disadvantages of the internet! I have no context from which to form an educated impression or decision, except through you! Jeff did say he had a surge of activity soon after you posted your band, wonder if we have any other carre cut bands out there--I do love it!! Is he a jeweler by trade? What do you think his primary business is? His card doesn't shed any light on the subject! Conversation was difficult as he has quite an accent!

Any input you could give me is greatly appreciated! Thank you in advance!
sarahb

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
sarahb|1396044555|3643155 said:
LLJsMom,

I have admired your band well, since you got it! :). I really REALLY like it :love: :love: so much that I've decided I need one too!

I contacted Jeff by email & phone, I also googled his addresses this week. I'm not sure if I had the correct address, (I googled from the card you posted) but it doesn't look like he has a retail store front.

I also contacted Mark Broumand as well. Incidentally Jeff's price is quite a bit lower then Marks! Who else sells carre cut bands I wonder?

You had mentioned in Greg's thread when he posted his band, you thought your stones were not lining up as you wanted. ?? I'm just wondering how it is now after some wear?

What's your impression of Jeff when you met him? & his display at the show? This is one of the disadvantages of the internet! I have no context from which to form an educated impression or decision, except through you! Jeff did say he had a surge of activity soon after you posted your band, wonder if we have any other carre cut bands out there--I do love it!! Is he a jeweler by trade? What do you think his primary business is? His card doesn't shed any light on the subject! Conversation was difficult as he has quite an accent!

Any input you could give me is greatly appreciated! Thank you in advance!
sarahb

Hi Sarahb,

Thank you for your kind words. There's a chance we can be ring twins?? :)

I'm still very happy with my ring. I haven't damaged it yet, which is saying a lot. Taking a loupe to it, the stones look lined. I wouldn't expect Victor Canera quality, but it's good enough for what I paid. I do put it into my ultrasonic, once every 2-3 weeks if I am wearing it regularly. It's channel set so I figure it's secure enough.

Jeff seems like an honest guy. His display at the show is very simple, not a huge or fancy one. It's just him there. It's easy to walk right by him. But when I stopped there, there were other people that were just completing a purchase from him. They seemed like regular customers. I wouldn't be surprised if he doesn't have a website. He seems like the kind of guy that gets business by word of mouth. He's not very sales-y or pushy, but he seems to be a jeweler by trade. There seem to be plenty of jewelers that are not that internet savvy, but have been doing business the old way for years. That is the kind of guy he seems like to me. I think he's 10-15 years older than me, and I'm 42. He's been going to the San Mateo jewelry expo for 13-15 years, but of course since I just started, I never knew. I wouldn't go looking for super ideal hearts and arrows from him, but I just stumbled across him as a guy who made a very pretty band with carre cuts that are hard to find at a very reasonable price, comparatively. It was a combination of factors that made it a no brainer for a step cut lover like me.

I do know that Jeff's prices are lower than other places I've seen. If you google carre cut, you will find a few retailers that carry it. These are mostly too pricey for me, at least for this kind of band.

I do know that Jeff's prices are lower than other places I've seen. If you google carre cut, you will find a few retailers that carry it. These are mostly too pricey for me, at least for this kind of band.

http://www.dbof.com/jewelry/armadani-18kt-white-gold-carre-cut-diamond-band/

http://www.serendipitydiamonds.com/...I hope you find something that works for you.

sarahb

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Thank you SO MUCH for your input!! He is working up a quote, & we'll see where we end up. Ring twins would be great, but I'm afraid I couldn't quite match your gorgeous ering!! :cheeky:

I just received my 3 stone from WF, (haven't posted it yet!), I also ordered the Harmony band as well. I thought a carre cut band would add some visual interest to the 3 stone round aspect. I'll post a pic below so you can see what I have.

I thought about color too, I think I'll bump it up too as my 3 stone is E. I do like the width of yours though, it looks perfect, & quite frankly, I can't tell the color difference! How much wider would you go? & how higher in color?

I think you said it: it looks so elegant, & I think that was the attraction for me. It is really perfect with your set!! & thanks so much for your input, & support--I really do appreciate it!

_16331.jpg

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
sarahb|1396105486|3643392 said:
Thank you SO MUCH for your input!! He is working up a quote, & we'll see where we end up. Ring twins would be great, but I'm afraid I couldn't quite match your gorgeous ering!! :cheeky:

I just received my 3 stone from WF, (haven't posted it yet!), I also ordered the Harmony band as well. I thought a carre cut band would add some visual interest to the 3 stone round aspect. I'll post a pic below so you can see what I have.

I thought about color too, I think I'll bump it up too as my 3 stone is E. I do like the width of yours though, it looks perfect, & quite frankly, I can't tell the color difference! How much wider would you go? & how higher in color?

I think you said it: it looks so elegant, & I think that was the attraction for me. It is really perfect with your set!! & thanks so much for your input, & support--I really do appreciate it!

I love your E 3-stone. Love an E. Can't wait to see your thread on it. I hope Jeff can find higher colored stones for you. I think I would want a higher color just so it matches the color of my erring better. But there are pros of an H next to an F. The H definitely looks even more subtle, so in a way, it stands out to anyone looking closely. Also, of course being step cut stones, it doesn't have the sharp flashes of light that an MRB does. When worn together, both rings stand out, yet do not compete with each other. And the e-ring still does take center stage. The width of mine works well when worn with my ering cause my ering band is rather wide, around 4.5mm. If the carre band was thicker than that, I think that would look a bit bulky. However, if worn alone, if I want a blingier look, 3mm is not gonna do it. (And I just have this thing about liking heavy rings. I know. Weird.) But really, it doesn't serve that purpose. So if I wanted a blingy eternity band, I would get a whole new band, probably an eternity band at about 40 points each. (future, waaayyyyy future, project)

Another thing I may do differently is NOT do the millgrain. I think that the clean straight lines of the stone and cuts lends itself to a cleaner look. I think the millgrain distracts from the clean lines of the carre cut stones. But that's ok for now. When worn alone, it adds a bit of visual interest.

I do like the look of stacking different and unmatching rings. It gives the impression that you are wearing the rings rather than the rings wearing you, iykwim.

I am excited for you and hope something works out. :appl: Keep us posted!

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
A beautiful collection!.. :love: :love:

artdecolover71

Brilliant_Rock
what a gorgeous band!!! wow

D

Deactivated member 42515

I totally missed this the first time around and now I am kicking myself!

Holy cow!!! Your new ring is amazing! And I love your stack! Man, to have long skinny fingers! Lucky!

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
artdecolover71|1397079638|3650754 said:
what a gorgeous band!!! wow

Thanks artdecolover71. How are things going with your band hunt??

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
YT|1397396146|3652690 said:
I totally missed this the first time around and now I am kicking myself!

Holy cow!!! Your new ring is amazing! And I love your stack! Man, to have long skinny fingers! Lucky!

Thanks YT. Your collection is one of my favorites. If it wasnt for all the inspiration of the people PS I would have never gotten something so pretty.

artdecolover71

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks for asking, hoping for a platinum band with carre cuts. A new full eternity is a bit out of budget- I have seen some full eternity ones already made, but they are much bigger than my size and custom/new for a full is just a bit out of reach. Yours is dreamy though!! I love everything about it (including the ring size lol!).

endless_summer

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
It's really gorgeous - I love the carre cuts, especially with the delicate metal work, and there's no such thing as too many pics ;-)

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
endless_summer|1397477604|3653167 said:
It's really gorgeous - I love the carre cuts, especially with the delicate metal work, and there's no such thing as too many pics ;-)
Thanks endless_summer. Very sweet of you. :)

Orchid Lei

Shiny_Rock
I love it with your shared prong and e-ring and as a stack! Gorgeous!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results