shape
carat
color
clarity

Wanting to buy a pearl necklace...help!

pinkjewel

Ideal_Rock
I love the dress !! The only thing that bothers me (and I'm only mentioning this since you asked!!) is the way the doilies are on the bodice sides of the dress- she has the edges sticking out, and, if it were for me, I'd prefer them stitched down. It probably won't matter on you since you are so slim. On someone like me who is (cough, cough) a little more chesty and has a bit more bulk around my middle- it would add more width.
Now for the pearls. I'm not sure. It gives me a 20s tea dress vibe and I could see a very, very long strand of pearls- maybe even knotted. Not sure if it would interfere with the beautiful detailing on the front of the dress, but many of the gorgeous dresses from that time period also had considerable detail on them and still they used long pearls to accessorize. think Dowton Abbey =)

bsomlo

Ideal_Rock
I agree with pinkjewel! A super long strand of pearls. You can get it made in sections so you don't have to wear the whole thing at once in the future (I have a 144" strand made in three sections so it is very versatile -- the shortest portion was intended as a matching bracelet).

Keep us posted.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I would agree with a long strand, maybe something like 42", but I feel like you need to try them on with the dress. I think you'd get more wear out of a long, simple strand as well.

In a way, I think you could do without a necklace with that dress, and wear pearl earrings and bracelet.

katbran

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
I agree with a few others..beautiful dress but there is a lot happening with it...I'd focus on earrings and bracelet. If you want a necklace I agree with Wendy ... small pearls ( I still can't believe you said small pearls Wendy...but then I'm saying it too :rolleyes: )..but small for me would be 8mm sooo..

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results