shape
carat
color
clarity

What band would you or do you wear with an EC, trap sides?

artdecolover71

Brilliant_Rock
I am having a custom made piece done right now and I would still like to be able to wear a band with it. It will have an Emerald cut center, with trapezoids as the side stones (with milgrain around just the traps). Anybody have something similar or ideas on what would look appropriate? Thank you for ideas and / or photos!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Re: What band would you or do you wear with an EC, trap side

I think baguettes or carre cuts would be my personal choice. Carre cuts are probably my favorite. I'd probably add milgrain since you are having some on the e-ring.

Examples:

http://www.thefacetscollection.com/Platinum-Channel-Set-Eternity-Band-17-Horizontal-p/f1931s.htm

http://www.thefacetscollection.com/Platinum-Channel-Set-Eternity-Band-29-Asscher-p/f1794s.htm (this says asscher but they don't look like they have cut corners to me, so they may be carre cut)

Maybe something like this with baguettes:

http://singlestone.com/index.php?page=collections&catID=9&pID=125&startRow=2

artdecolover71

Brilliant_Rock

Oh thank you for the beautiful ideas. My anniversary band is an eternity that looks similar to the single stone one except it alternates with a tiny round in between each (I think someone posted a photo- looks like kate beckingsales). Wonder if perhaps my current one would work (I wear it as a wedding band) -

briolette

Shiny_Rock

img_5773.jpg

IMG_5765.jpg

I wore a curved baugette band with my trap sides (center is a cushion not an EC, but close)

artdecolover71

Brilliant_Rock

Oh your rings are beautiful- thanks for sharing

briolette

Shiny_Rock

No prob! :)

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

artdecolover71

Brilliant_Rock

Wow that is a beaut- Hi neil! You are the sweetest....the order has just been placed with GOG, so as soon as I have it, I will definitely post it here as you ps'ers have been so kind and helpful!

Puppy4248

Shiny_Rock

Agreed with all, especially horizontal baguettes. Here are some Harry Winston styles I'd love with a ring like yours. I like the ones with just baguettes, or baguettes and rounds interchanged.

Your ring sounds yummy, please post pics when you can!!

hw_bands.png

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

People are often selling French cut antique diamond, ruby, sapphire bands on LT. diamond or colored stone either would be amazing. Maybe start a WTB thread for your size over in preloved?

artdecolover71

Brilliant_Rock

Yes, once I have the final ring in my hand, I guess it will be easier to see what will "look right" with it. I have the two eternity bands (they look like Beverley K ones, or Kate Beckinsale ones-one is all diamond/baguettes and alternating rounds in millegrain, other is sapphire baguettes/alternating round diamond in millegrain). Right now, I am sitting tight waiting for the CAD's of the e ring, but I really never do great visually converting the CAD's to real life translations. fingers crossed!

artdecolover71

Brilliant_Rock

is it hard to tell the difference between small asschers and carre cuts? I feel like sometimes I see bands posted (ebay or retails sites) that say asscher but I cant see the corners, they look more like carre?

artdecolover71

Brilliant_Rock

yes that's very pretty...mine will have bezel set/millegrained trap sides though so not sure if it would look right? It would certainly be easier to find a vintage ring with rounds as square step cuts/French cuts are tough to come by!

redroze

Shiny_Rock

Is your ring done Artdeco? I feel like mine's been going on forever but I saw your post that your ring was cast a week or two ago? Not sure why we're around the same time given all my indecision! Any way it's exciting - just in time for spring!!!!

artdecolover71

Brilliant_Rock

Hi REDROZE! No, mine was just cast last week...and now it still has to be set, engraved and milgrained-hoping it will be done next week?! The designer that I am working with through GOG doesn't provide the detailed CAD's and photo renderings that ERD does, so I didn't have the ability to comment on the details the way you did with ERD. I think your ring is going to be AMAZING and you were so smart to work through each little detail!! Mine is more of a trust and pray process lol! Hoping we both love them! When is yours going to be cast? SO excited for you.

I have had to keep myself busy by dreaming about possible wedding rings! I something to have fun with during the wait! lol.

redroze

Shiny_Rock

Artdeco, I approved the resin model last Tuesday . It normally takes two weeks after the CADs are approved so I'm guessing it will be done this or next week! I'm most nervous about the engraving...but I'm sure they will pull it off.

GOG is awesome...I'm sure you gave clear inspiration pics. Oh in case you want to go new on the band, I did reach out to Love Affair Diamonds and Erica's pricing is better for a French cut band compared to Single Stone.

artdecolover71

Brilliant_Rock

Ps- RR- I was trying to make little decisions along the way as well but since I'm not working directly with designer, it definitely took some time. I went from white gold to platinum, low set to changing the gallery to be a bit higher, shank width, deciding on which traps and seeing them in person, etc. so I was right there with you with changes and making sure each step of the way! I used 4 different photos since I never found one pic of exactly the ring I wanted (though I wish I had that lol)!

Oh that's good to know about the band...we went over budget between adding traps and changing to platinum so really not a huge amount left for the wedding band, but I will definitely ask just in case! I love the one you picked!

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Honestly if you went over budget I would just get an art deco style engraved band. I bet David klass could do it for a fair price.

artdecolover71

Brilliant_Rock

Thanks Niel! My husband hasn't complained yet so hoping to still throw a few carre cuts in there lol!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results