shape
carat
color
clarity

H color August Vintage Premium Cushion.

K_13

Rough_Rock
I am so happy to finally be able to add my beautiful new Diamond here !

It was a 5 year wedding anniversary upgrade present from my husband and we are both so so happy with it.

I previously had a 0.47 princess cut diamond (not certified) - Set in a pave band. My husband and i were never in love with this ring, it was one of the few we could afford 6 years ago when we got engaged, so i loved it because it meant that i was going to start a life and a marriage with the man that i loved more than any one is this world. After he proposed 6 years ago my husband told me that he would like to upgrade the ring for our 5 year anniversary, all these years later i had forgotten about that,especially as we are saving to buy our first house etc now. Mid last year He insisted that i start searching for a diamond as he wanted to have my rings remade for our 5 year wedding anniversary (12 years together). I discovered pricescope and Good old Gold and the rest is history! THANKYOU everyone on pricescope who has posted about their AVC's and AVR's i have read every single written word on the subject and it truly helped to make up my mind from the other side of the world.

Good old Gold: I Just LOVED loved loved working with David from Good old Gold, that man has the patience of a saint! Even when i changed my mind on what i was after multiple times he was polite and helpful and took it with good humor :0)
I live in Australia and the postage was fast and well priced and customs process was a breeze.
For the next upgrade my husband and I have decided to visit New York and see all the Beautiful August Vintage Diamonds in person. For now i am SO in love with my beautiful beautiful AV Premium Cushion that i don't want to hand it over to the jeweler (local jeweler here who loves old cuts and different diamonds) to be made in to a ring so i am wearing it in a temporary White Gold plain band that David from GOG organised for me.

If any one has some suggestions on the remake for me that would be wonderful! The only requirement is that my husband has asked that i use the pave band from my original engagement ring in the remake.

Ok so the stats:

1.01ct H VS2 Premium Vintage Cushion Diamond
Shape: Cushion
Carat Weight: 1.01ct
Color: H
Clarity: VS2
Optical Symmetry: Premium
Polish: Excellent
Symmetry: Very Good
Fluorescence: Strong
Culet: Large
Lab Report: GIA

Thankyou

K

_199.jpeg

_200.jpeg

_201.jpeg

_202.jpeg

m-2-b

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congrats from one AVC owner to another! The "Boston Jeff" solitaire is pretty popular here on PS for cushions so you may want to consider it for your setting! Maybe you can also reuse your pave in a separate wedding band to go with it. Enjoy! :appl:

K_13

Rough_Rock
Thankyou Mum2 boys! your AMAZING AVC is well amazing ! i just love it !

Thankyou for the suggestion, however i already have a pave eternity band and pave wedding band, and hubby really wants me to use the old pave engagement band.... i was thinking adding a halo or maybe some really different - maybe a vintage remake with the pave band ... not sure?

this is the AVC with the pave bands:

avc_with_pave_bands.jpg

armywife13

Ideal_Rock
Your AVC is absolutely gorgeous! :love:

Do you want a completely different style ring? Otherwise you could talk to a jeweler about switching out the head on your original setting to accommodate your new diamond.

thecat

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous ring! Happy anniversary!

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
beautiful!!! An AVC is on my list...

Congratulations!

K_13

Rough_Rock
Thankyou all for the lovely compliments and well wishes.

i had thought about either just having the head of my old engagement ring replaced OR maybe having it remade into some thing like this:

_16664.jpg

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ooh, gorgeous AVC! :love:
I second mom2boys suggestion on the Boston Jeff setting. That would look beautiful with a pave band. :appl:

FirefliesAtSunset

Rough_Rock
Congratulations!!!!!! BEAUTIFUL AVC!!! :love: These gorgeous stones have a very unique personality!
And yet another satisfied GOG customer! :) Very happy for you :appl:
I am also in the process of choosing a new setting… so many options and choices!
I can't wait to see what you choose! :love:

Harpertoo

Brilliant_Rock
Congratulations!

The AVC is gorgeous! (Looks wonderful in current setting too.)

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh it is beautiful!! I love my AVC also.. they are such beautiful stones that emit such gorgeous colors.. I'd like about 5 more :) your ring and your husband are wonderful.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results