shape
carat
color
clarity

Woohoo!! I finally made a bio...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
I finally made a knot bio. There is still a lot of stuff to add, but I''m so happy I figured this out. I''m sure I will spend tons of time updating it over the next few months, but its a start! Here''s a link:

http://www.theknot.com/co_profileview.htm?profilename=AmberGretchen

Let me know what you think!!

lmurden

Ideal_Rock
I really like your bio and I love the hair styles that you are considering.
1.gif

One on these days I''ll do my bio.

fountainfairfax

Brilliant_Rock
What a great job, thanks for sharing it with us! I really like the style of the dresses you show, they will look perfect with those hair-styles! Let us know if you add more things- I love looking at the pricescope/knot bios!

MelissaSue

Ideal_Rock
I love your kitties! They look so sweet! And I didn''t realize that is where your screenname came from. I just assumed it was your name! lol..

The dresses you have in there are gorgeous. I have to show them to my friend who is getting married because they are so totally her style. Esp. The maggie.

Your e-ring is SOOOOO pretty. and of course that matching band is gorgeous as well.. All that sparkle!

I saw a three stone ring like mine but with the pave band like yours today. I wanted it.. so blingy..

ForteKitty

Ideal_Rock
Your kitties are soo adorable!!

flopkins

Ideal_Rock
cute bio!! love the kitty pics... and of course, the bling pics !!! let us know when you've updated more... i like your flower ideas too...
9.gif
9.gif

eta- btw, where are you at for grad school, if you don't mind me asking? i'm in bay area too, doing my phD at berkeley....
34.gif

chellebelle

Shiny_Rock
Amber~
Your website looks great! I love the hairstyles... I also want my hair to look like that.
1.gif
I have thick Asian type hair and am wondering if my hair will "stay" that way all day!
20.gif
Dress #2 that you posted is so gorgeous... if you find out who makes it, please let me know! I really like how it has some poof, but not too much. Also, are you maybe not considering the flower arrangement with the deep red roses because it may not seem fitting for a late spring/summer wedding? I too was wondering about this... I love those colors, but wasn''t sure if I could use them for a early summer wedding. I may have to reconsider my colors! Anyways, everything looks beautiful (your ring included)!
30.gif

P.S. Is your wedding on May 27, 2006 or May 27, 2007?

Take care!
Chelle

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
Thanks guys. I was so excited just to get the whole bio thing working. I was worried I posted too many kitty pics (I have SO MANY) on my computer but I''m glad you guys liked them - they are the cutest, sweetest kitties ever! Seriously, they are like our children, and they have so much personality. I don''t know what we would do without them...

chellebelle - we are thinking of May 27, 2007 right now because we want lots of time to plan and to save. We are going to be on a tight budget and around this time next year I will have qualifying exams which are super-stressful and I don''t want to be trying to have my wedding around that time, then over the summer my cousin is getting married and I don''t want to step on her toes. It just seemed like FI and I would both be happier with the extra time to plan (since we don''t even have any idea where we want to have the wedding), and our families are happier that way too. Of course, now we are seriously considering just having a very small private ceremony and saving the big celebration until after FI finishes law school and we have more $$...

On another note, I think if you really love the deep red you should do it. I think that lightening it with ivory and green and maybe some silver or gold helps make it less "Christmas-ey" which makes it fine, especially if you are having an evening wedding.

MS - I''m glad to know I''m not the only one who likes those dresses. I haven''t seen those styles on a lot of people and I was beginning to wonder. That ring sounds amazing - I actually wonder sometimes if I should have gotten side stones, but I love my ring. I did get a beautiful sapphire pendant from FI''s parents for my birthday on Sunday, and I have held it up next to my center stone and have now decided I need a sapphire and diamond RHR at some point
31.gif

I will keep you girls updated when I add more pics!

gingerBcookie

Brilliant_Rock
oooh...love the hairstyles!!! and your ring is gorgeous!!! i really really like your second dress, very fairytale princess.

chellebelle

Shiny_Rock
I asked about your wedding date out of curiosity because we too are wanting a wedding in 2007.
1.gif
I know that most people get married within a year or less after getting engaged and I was starting to feel a bit awkward since our wedding is a couple years away! But knowing that I may not be the only one having a wedding soon makes me feel a lot better. There are a lot of reasons why we''ve decided to wait (financial reasons, I''m trying to finish my degree, etc.). It gets somewhat frustrating because when I tell people I''m engaged they say, "Congrats! When''s the date?" and I say in 2007. They always act like it''s soooo far off and almost ridiculous in a way.
20.gif
Do people act like this to you? Like the date is too far away? Regardless, this doesn''t stop me from planning and looking at all things "wedding"!
31.gif

As far as the colors, you are probably right. I love the spring/summer colors too, but if I want the deep red, I shouldn''t rule it out. My wedding date is in July (7-7-07 cool date, plus it''s my late grandma''s b-day) and thought the red wasn''t "summery" enough. I like the idea with combining it with other colors so it''s not so Christmas-ey looking. It will be a formal, evening wedding, so it might not be so bad!
5.gif

snow_happy

Brilliant_Rock
chellebelle--

My fiancee and I are ALSO waiting until early 2007 to get married. We just got engaged and people do react kind of weird when I say it''s not going to be for about two years. I personally like the idea of having a long engagement because then I don''t have to plan everything right away. That way I can look around to get the best deals and find the stuff I really want. Another plus to having a long engagement is not having to invite all the people that initially find out about the wedding. Plus I''m still not sure as to how my parents will react (my FI is going to ask them tomorrow! eeeeekkk!!) so I''m sure the time will also be good for them to adjust to everything.

The main reason for the long engagement is for my FI and I to finish our current degrees. He is finishing his undergrad in a little over a year and a long engagement allows for him to find a career, settle in, etc. I am working on my Masters and will know in about six months if I am excepted to the PhD program. In other words, there are things we want to finish before throwing wedding planning into the mix!

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
YAY for long engagements! Now I don''t feel like such a freak anymore...

Seriously though, I think that sometimes there are just things in life that prevent you from having your wedding or other major events in a certain time frame. I think age is a factor too - if I was 33 instead of 23, I would probably want to get married sooner, but I feel like when you are young there is probably something to be said for taking your time and enjoying the whole process. I agree about not wanting to rush the planning and trying to find the best deals for stuff. I think that a lot of people do more thinking about wedding details before they get engaged than I did, and so I feel like there is just so much information to absorb and go through and think about.

Chellebelle - I totally know how you feel. People are always so excited about the engagement and then they always react so strangely when you tell them how long your engagement will be. I just keep reminding myself that my FI and I made this decision for reasons that we are comfortable with and its the right decision for us and that''s all that matters
9.gif

JessesGrl

Brilliant_Rock
Don''t worry about colors!! My scheme is pink and brown...everyone thinks pink is a no no for fall but I love it so that''s that! Red and white look really pretty in the spring/summer....think cherries, cherry blossoms, lady bugs....all cute themes!

JessesGrl

Brilliant_Rock
Great job on the bio!! I am so happy I figured it out too!!!

snow_happy

Brilliant_Rock
As for the red color.. I think red is great for wedding no matter what the season. If it''s a really deep red and you are having an evening wedding then for sure there is no problem. I''m thinking about using orange/reddish/pinkish underwater orchids, greyish-blue table cloths and white stephanotis....so I guess those would be my colors? At least for now.. there''s plenty of time for that to all change
3.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results