shape
carat
color
clarity

Signal_4''s trip to White Flash Office

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

signal_4

Shiny_Rock
Hi All !!!!! I just wanted to let everyone know about my visit to the White Flash Office today.... For those of you who haven''t read my post on my WF ACA H&A diamond you can read it and see pictures that I took here

https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/signal_4s-wf-aca-h-a-diamond-pictures.26688/

As I was saying I got my Diamond a 1.174 G-VS1 ACA H&A diamond about 2 weeks ago. Last week John Q told me that if I was in town before I had the diamond set to come by the office and they would give me a tour and take photos of my diamond for me. Well I decided to take him up on the offer... So today I drove up from Corpus Christi which is about 3.5 hours south of Houston and me and my brother went to the White Flash office... When we got there we were met by Brian... I was so excited to meet him since he is a well known individual in this business.... it was like I was meeting a celebrity.... Brian took us back into his office where we talked for a little bit about my diamond and the ACA line....
Then he took us to another room where they take pictures of the diamonds.... first let me say that I have read some of the posts on this forum about how White Flash needs to post pictures of the H&A patterns on their site....Now I know why they dont.... yet at moment.... They have a H&A photo system they designed and hand-built which incorporates a H&A viewer in a controlled lighting environment with a digital camera... Now some might say whats so hard about that.... you just put the diamond in... press the button ... snap... and the picture is taken right ??? WRONG !!!!. Even though it sounds easy its not... As any one who has used a H&A viewer will know... one slight move of your head when looking through the thing and the image of the diamond changes and I know I cant keep my head that still... Well its the same with the machine that is used... . so it might take some back and forth playing with to get that perfect equilibrium to make the lighting balanced.
Then they have to make sure that the diamond is balanced correctly and is perfectly perpendicular to the camera.... That also takes some playing with cause again... once the diamond moves a bit then the lighting might again be off. Then they have to make sure that the camera has the correct shutter speed... light reading ... and focus...ect... to take the picuture... I think Brian took about 10 photos of each side before he was happy.... So from a scientific perspective.... since I have a geology degree... its a trial by error process to get that perfect picture for the customer... Its not just a two minute process but rather very time consuming.... and when Brian showed me the ACA inventory I can see why they only do pictures on request.... However Brian did say they that they might be getting a new camera soon which would help out.
Also... I read reviews that some people think that the pictures that they take are doctored up by computer programs... This is not so... I can testify to that in court... HEHE ... I thought I throw that in since Im a Police Officer.... Yes I know what you saying... Why do I have a geology degree and instead choose law enforcement as a career.... well its a long story and a whole new thread if you really want to know.... which Im sure you have more important things to do in life.... Any way back to what I was saying... the pictures that Im posting that they took of my diamond were taken right before my very eyes and are in no way doctored up..

Then Brian showed me my diamond under the ideal scope so that I could compare it to the picture on the site and it looked excatly the same.... again no doctoring either on ideal scope picture... and then I held my diamond up through the window and let plain daylight come through the ideal scope and again it looked the same....

Then after the pictures were taken we went back to Brian''s office where he showed me the laser inscription on the diamond under the microscope and the tiny crystal.... you could only see it under microscope magnification....

After that we played game.... called the Pepsi challenge by Brian.... he showed me a .02 carat ACA H&A diamond and then let me choose at random three stones from thier inventory and then he showed the largest ACA H&A diamond that they had... a 7.54 carat diamond worth about $ 250,000... I got to hold it !!!!!.... any way as I had no doubt that all the diamonds would have uniform heart and arrow patterns... and of course they all did... what I was surprised to see was that each diamond had the same shape of hearts... What I mean was that I could tell no difference in the heart shape from the .02 carat to the 7.54 carat diamond.... it was like I was looking at my own diamond under the H&A viewer each time....
So to those of you who are still out their wondering... all 5 diamonds had the same H&A pattern and shape....

I just want to thank all the people at WF especially Denise, John Q, and Brian... all of which are great people.... and I think that they would show the same hospitality to anyone who would take the time to visit the office... My visit lasted about 2.5 hours by the way... And although even I picked a TACORI ring for a setting... if they can make a band that fits with the ring then thats who Im getting my band from... as well my setting is a three stone and eventually I want to replace the two sidestones with ACA H&A stones...

And for those reading the other post that question WF and why they dont post H&A pics... reread this thread.... haha..... realize that if you request ... JOHN Q has said this many times.... they will take the pics.... also realize that in my opinion, the people who are criticizing and judging, are people with the personality who would find life useless if they didnt have something to complain about... The ACA line is exactly what is says it is and if you still dont believe WF then explore this site and challenge yourself to find someone who was unsatisfied with their ACA diamond.

signal_4

Shiny_Rock
Again these are pictures that Brian took while I watch watching !!!!

A_AGS-5884908.jpg

signal_4

Shiny_Rock
another

H_AGS-5884908.jpg

signal_4

Shiny_Rock
another

H_AGS-5884908-b.jpg

signal_4

Shiny_Rock
another

HA_AGS-5884908.jpg

signal_4

Shiny_Rock
another

HA_AGS-5884908-b.jpg

Lord Summerisle

Brilliant_Rock
30.gif

Patty

Ideal_Rock
How fun...good for you and way to go, Whiteflash!

Morticia

Brilliant_Rock
How fun!

Those pictures -
6.gif
30.gif

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
all i can say is " I want one"
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
[:

Rhino

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Thanks for sharing that signal. I would like to confirm the veracity of your comments as it is difficult and time consuming to take all the photographs.

youngster

Shiny_Rock
Very interesting signal_4!! My own center stone is a ACA from Whiteflash and I love it! I wish I could take the tour of their offices as well but reading your post was almost as good!

Lurchie

Shiny_Rock
That''s it, I''m booking my flight to Houston.

There ought to be a diamond playground somewhere for those of us who are not shopping but just want to touch and feel!

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
signal_4

thanks for posting the beautiful H&A pictures
30.gif
i''m sure it was fun but, i would of grab that 7.5 ct stone and run for the exit.
31.gif

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/29/2005 7
6.gif
5:43 PM
Author: Dancing Fire
signal_4

thanks for posting the beautiful H&A pictures
30.gif
i''m sure it was fun but, i would of grab that 7.5 ct stone and run for the exit.
31.gif

ssssshhhhhhhhhh dont give away my plan!!!

AndyRosse

Ideal_Rock
Love the pics!!
30.gif
30.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
If I am ever near Houston, I can guarantee I will be at WF in an instant and they will have to BOOT ME OUT to get me to leave!! What fun!
9.gif

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
23.gif
I love it!
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results