shape
carat
color
clarity

Input/Opinions On My Proposal

ryana

Rough_Rock
Ok so to start off I am new to the site as you can see but it has been a world of help in picking out an engagement ring (since I had absolutely no prior knowledge about diamonds). Anyways I will be getting the ring soon and I am thinking about popping the question mid June or sometime around there.

Ok so now about me and her, we are both currently in college and I will be graduating in one month she however is a year younger than me so she has one more year after this semester. We have been together for over a year now. We have talked about our future multiple times and are confident that we will be spending the rest of our lives together. She loves the ocean and is even a marine science major. So the idea to do something on the beach was my first thought. I have looked at other ideas on here and talked to friends and I think I have a fairly good idea of what I want to do but wanted some other opinions on maybe something that I should add or do different.

So here it is, I got a offered a job after I graduate so I will be working a lot, and it is not uncommon for the company I will work for to send people to conferences out of town etc. So I plan on telling her that I have to go to Folly Beach SC (about 4 hours from where we live) for work and suggest that she comes with since it will be at a beach. Folly beach is a beautiful beach that Is less busy than some of the other more touristy beaches around here so I thought it would be more romantic than somewhere like myrtle or something like that. So anyways I get a nice hotel on the beach and say that the company has paid for it all. The first day I go off to "work" after a morning of sitting on the beach and relaxing and I send her to get a massage and have a spa afternoon while im at "work". So while she is at the spa I will be setting up a romantic dinner on the beach with flowers and candles etc. I will talk to someone about maybe reserving a section of the beach or something like that. I will have my brother and some friends there to help out but anyways so I pick her up and suggest a romantic walk on the beach during the sunset. I will have hired a photographer to take tons of pictures the whole time. We walk up to the dinner area and I tell her it a surprise dinner for her coming with me on the trip. So we sit down and I will get all lovey dovey then pop the question. Im debating on having like a guitarist or violinist sing or play while we have dinner but i don't know if that a little over the top. What do you all think?? Any tips or input would be greatly appreciated.

ryana

Rough_Rock
Anyone? Any input would be awesome :D

Marina87

Rough_Rock
Awwwww this is such a romantic and beautiful proposal!! I think the violinist is a little over the top in my opinion. The idea of having dinner on the beach is excellent. Good luck! All the best!

kay1

Shiny_Rock
Nice idea! The problem with a violinist or something is that you have a third person essentially in the middle of your romantic moment. Although they probably won't make you feel awkward, there may be a point at which you just want to hug or kiss and there's this third person staring at you!

I had a similar idea when planning my proposal (still final touches), and that was my thinking anyway.

ryana

Rough_Rock
Thanks y'all. That is how i felt about the violinist too but wasnt sure. I really appreciate the advice.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results