shape
carat
color
clarity

Memorial jewelry ideas for mom...

JewelFreak

Ideal_Rock
My very best wishes & thoughts for you & your mother, Lizzyann. Some things are so hard, we don't know how we keep breathing. My dad died when I was 17 & I still miss him every single day. Losing a brother too is so very tough. Good that you live nearby so your mother has you & your family for love & support.

The rolling ring idea is lovely, and one with birthstones; I think either would give your mother much comfort. She'll think of them close to her, and of you because you gave it to her with such caring.

Plenty of dust your way --

--- Laurie

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Upgradable|1349540098|3280572 said:
Is it possible that you have some of your father's fingerprints? Sometimes insurance companies or employers have them done.

I'm planning on making a heart pendant that has each of my kids fingerprints on it. http://www.etsy.com/listing/71210160/heart-shaped-double-sided-fingerprint-or

I am so sorry for the loss of your Dad, your boys' Grandpa and your Mom's husband. I am sure it is hard enough just mourning your Dad, without also having to worry about your Mom.

I love Uppy's idea! This would be unique and certainly a part of your Dad.

Dougsgirl

Shiny_Rock
Oh boy... My heart is just aching for you. I am SO sorry for your loss and I am praying for comfort for your whole family.

I don't know anything about the rolling rings (sounds like a beautiful idea, though!), but if you decide to do something engraved, or with birthstones, I highly recommend GreenLake Jewelry Works in Seattle. They do almost all custom designs with lots of engraving and very personal touches. Just a thought.

I think it is a very sweet idea to do something like this for your mom.

Edit... I just looked at your link for the rolling rings. I think that is a simple, beautiful and meaningful idea.

lizzyann

Ideal_Rock
Aviastar, thank you so much for the thought. My dad lost his band awhile back so I'm trying to think of other options for her.

Enerchi, again thank you so much. This is such a tough time for our family. There were other members of our family affected by this accident so it really has just been terrible for all of us. I wish I could explain what happened but in order to protect my identification I prefer not to as this accident was in our local news here. My mom would love a piece to represent my dad, my brother and our family and I am leaning towards a ring of some sort. I liked your idea of interwoven so I am leaning towards a trinity ring of some sort. Thanks for your help and kindness.

Packrat, thank you so much for your warm post. It is greatly appreciated.

VR, again thank you for the idea on the birthstone. I am leaning towards getting them put in as surprise stones when I decide on a ring choice. Thanks!

Junebug, thank you for your note. Very sweet of you to take the time.

diamondrnglover, so sorry to hear of your loss as well. My sympathies to you. Still in a state of shock that he is gone...

Hollys, thank you for the link. i really like her work. I may even get something like that for myself.

MrsW, so sorry for the loss of your brother. Thoughts are with you as well.

Circe, thank you for your heartfelt note. I agree with you regarding comfort objects. I want whatever I choose to be something she can wear always, so I want a very sturdy piece. I know she will love it.

Miscka, the trinity is such a great idea and what I'm leaning towards. Did you have the inside or outside engraved? I also like that she could wear it as a pendant as well.

Susimoo, thank you for your warm post. And so sorry for the loss of your dad as well. I really can't believe all of the supporters who took the time to post here. When I made this thread, I really wasn't expecting that, but I am thankful to get the support and kind words from so many here. I am still in shock and have not completely processed the fact that dad is gone and it breaks my heart the way he left this world. As I know from losing my brother, time helps to heal, but I will forever feel the loss. Thanks again.

Laila, yes we are always still talking about grandpa and showing my oldest son pictures of him so that he doesn't forget. My mom had two music boxes made for each of my boys and inside are pics of my dad and brother for each of them. Really sweet of her to do.

Dreamer, I love both of those ideas and think I actually may let her choose which path to go. I love the trinity/rolling ring idea so I am looking for those now. Would you recommend rollingring.com or ewedding bands? They both carry them. Hope you and your boys are doing well.

AN, thanks for the kind note. Hope you are doing well. School must be almost done now right?

Dandi, thank you. I saw your recent pic in the pregnancy thread....you look wonderful!

Katy, thank you for posting. Simple is definitely better for mom. I know she would treasure whatever we choose.

Woofmama, I am sorry your friend has had to experience the same grief from losing a brother and a father so close together. I hope her and her mom have found a peace through all of it.

Rosebloom, thanks for posting about the mizpah jewelry. I had never heard of that before.

DF, thanks for posting. I appreciate it the note.

Tacori, thank you. I am in total agreement on a ring for her. A stacker might be a nice idea actually. She currently wears a family ring and her wedding band, but she has nice long slender fingers so a thin plain band engraved might do the trick as well.

Haven, thank you so much for posting.

Monny, I appreciate your note.

Uppy, that is so cool. I can't think of anywhere we would get fingerprints though. But great idea!

Jewelfreak, thank you so much. You are right that sometimes I don't even know how we will all go on and function but I know that time will help to heal. The whole thing just makes me miss my dad so much. My mom is hanging in there and is doing ok. We were at her house yesterday and she will be over here tomorrow. I am glad that we live so close so that we can do that. This all still just doesn't seem "real" yet.

minous, it is hard as I am trying to find time to process all this myself, yet I try to always stay strong so that I can help my mom get through all of this.

Dougsgirl, thank you so much for posting. I know my mom would treasure this piece. Oh and by the way, your ring came out so beautiful. I spotted it on SMTB. Congrats.

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
Lizzyann.... {{{{{HUG HUG HUG}}}}}

Just know we are ALL here for you and your mom. Blessings on both of you :halo:

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am so terribly sorry for your loss. Your gift idea for your mother is a wonderful idea. I'm sure she will cherish whatever gift you choose.

hippi_pixi

Brilliant_Rock
its a bit tactless to spam a thread about someones grief ashestoashes :(

since this thread has been bumped though, how are you and your mum doing Lizzyann? I'm so sorry for your loss. did you get the trinity ring?

momhappy

Ideal_Rock
Wow - spamming a thread from 2012 :confused: That's pretty awful, especially given the circumstances :nono:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results