shape
carat
color
clarity

Anniversary Upgrade - OEC stunner

Roxette

Rough_Rock
Hello all,
To say I am new to here is a bit disingenuous, as I was lurking for about a year now, trying to soak in knowledge necessary to find my dream ring. You see, when I got married, almost 10 years ago (get out of town!), we did not have much time or resources to plan and get a perfect ring. I believe I even misunderstood the sales lady, who sold me .15 carat ring instead .50 . Oops, my bad. Now, on the eve of our anniversary, two children and some 9 moves later, I figure it's time for The Ring!
I originally thought I would buy a complete ring. Wait, scratch that. Then I thought, I would get a diamond from JA and simple setting for it. Asscher perhaps. Love them. And it looked so gorgeous on Carrie Bradshaw:) And that is when this helpful forum pointed out that if I am going for finger coverage and size, asscher might not be a way to go for 8.75 size finger, unless it's good 3.5 carats. Which is out of my budget. Also, clarity is a must for me, in asschers especially. So... Scratch that. And then I stumbled upon JBEG. AHHH. Nirvana. Old cuts were so scintillating, lovely, and BIG! I was originally going fro 1.56 M OEC. But then (scratch that;-), I saw this gorgeous U-V color OEC. Color was amazing, did not bother me a bit it was a "lower color" diamond. Clarity was a respectable VS1. Of course I cannot find the link now, will post later. But here it is on my hand when I finally received it. And then, it was time to find Agnes (first name that popped when I saw her) the right home.

_16256.jpg

Roxette

Rough_Rock
Now, I knew I am klutzy. And have small children. So this diamond has to be secure. I looked on many websites, trying to find what I am looking for. Was not a big fan of halo, but really liked bezel. Just was afraid that bezel would swallow up my diamond. Absolutely Love3d Gem Fever's Audrey and Haven's rose gold OMB. Just wasn't quite sure. Then ( I honestly don't even remember how I syumbled upon them) I went to Greenlake Jewelry. Originally was thinking about this one. http://www.greenlakejewelry.com/gallery/gallery_detail.aspx?ImgID=57722
But I did not like the angular shank too much. And then, there it was.
http://www.greenlakejewelry.com/gallery/gallery_detail.aspx?ImgID=82425 Gorgeous, somewhat minimalistic. A non-halo halo, a non-bezel bezel:) That was it. So after going back and forth with my designer, I finally sent my beauty off and did not sleep through all the wonders of registered mail.
Once the diamond got there, the designer suggested warm gold, and I was open to the idea at first, but was unsure as to what it would look like in real life. So I said, I will break the bank and go for platinum. Like I said, lower color of diamond did not bother me much, and I saw some gorgeous rings on Single Stone that were set in platinum and were lower color.
BUT. Right before I gave the final go-ahead, I just HAD to see Haven's ring;-) So I asked the designer to do the ring two tone, since I just could not NOT use rose gold.
Here is the result.
Sorry for iPhone-only pictures.

_16257.jpg

profile_shot.jpg

yennyfire

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Just gorgeous Roxette! Congrats on your new ring and thanks for sharing it with us!

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It's gorgeous Roxette! The setting is so pretty. What is the size of the stone?

baby nurse

Ideal_Rock
Premium
How absolutely lovely, Roxette! I gasped when I saw it, and I also enjoyed reading about your journey to this lovely diamond. Please post more pictures!

athenaworth

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Love it!! Congrats! We're coming up on our 10 year too. Yay to 2004! I'd love to see a pic of your original ering too. It's always fun to see how the times have changed.

angela06

Shiny_Rock
Beautiful! Yes, specs on the stone, please!! :love:

Roxette

Rough_Rock
Loved the ring! Loved how sparkly Agnes was!
But then... (This is what makes my designer to probably pull her hair out), I thought Agnes' shoulders are too bare. Maybe she needs to be "dressed up" with more diamonds. But I wanted to keep platinum head, so I asked the designer to do platinum on top of gold, so rose gold would still peak from the sides on the rest of the shank, but the actual diamonds would all be in platinum. I also did it for security reasons, as I've come to believe, rightly or wrongly, that platinum is somewhat sturdier. And since I plan this to be my forever ring, I want it to last.
Also, prongs bothered me. Even though I asked them to make prongs as w\small as possible, I still did not like them. Greenlake did an amazing job, I am just not a prong girl. So the ring is also getting bezelled;-) Agnes is going to be a regular antique masterpiece when she is done with her updates!
Here are the CAD's. Sorry - this was a picture taken of computer screen - my technology skills are out of this world;-)

_16264.jpg

sweet_blossom

Shiny_Rock
Oh my! Congrats on the upgrade.

glitterpants

Rough_Rock
Wow!! :love: Stunning OEC!
I saw that setting on GLJ's website a while ago and thought it was so unique and beautiful but your irl pics show how incredibly beautiful it really is. Can you post more photos?

Roxette

Rough_Rock
Thank you Ladies! You don't know how much I needed positivity today. I appreciate the kind words. Stone is 2.23 carat, U-V color range, VS1 in clarity. I will get more stats when I get home. For more pictures, you and I will have to wait till it makes it back to me from Seattle. Right now it's on its way there - Registered Mail "fun." And I know it looks like yellow gold in those CAD's, but I am actually keeping rose gold and adding platinum. Did not see many examples of that, so fingers crossed:)
Thank you again!

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Your ring and setting are just gorgeous. Congratulations! :appl:

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congrats, it is a really pretty ring!!!

kalomeli

Shiny_Rock
It looks gorgeous on you!! Beautiful ring!

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It is going to be beautiful! :love: I am partial to bezels. :cheeky:

angeline

Ideal_Rock
Wow, really pretty! I love the modifications you've done, I agree I like it better without the prongs.

congrats and I can't wait to see pics of it when she arrives.. :appl:

lioness

Brilliant_Rock
Stunning. Gorgeous. Fascinating. Good work!

Roxette

Rough_Rock
Thank you all. Also, we now have a definitive proof miracles happen - my Registered Mail package made it from Texas to Seattle in 2 days as advertised. You can pick your jaws up off the floor now; :D

Roxette

Rough_Rock
Some more pictures of Agnes (Version 1) I could dig up.

_16294.jpg

_16295.jpg

_16296.jpg

lili

Ideal_Rock
Ooo...love the warmth of that stone. It's like a light fancy yellow. I was eyeing it for a while. :love:

armywife13

Ideal_Rock
Your new OEC is stunning and the setting is amazing!!! :love: :love: :love:

endless_summer

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Beautiful stone & what an elegant, unique setting! I love the two tone & the non-halo halo - perfect buttercup!

two_little_birds

Brilliant_Rock
OMG I love it, and the setting is devine... a match made in heaven! :saint:

SandyinAnaheim

Brilliant_Rock
Roxette, that stone is breathtakingly beautiful! I've never seen a low-colored stone like yours! :love: The light play and brilliance in your stone would keep me looking at it all day! That would make 3 of us celebrating 2004! :cheeky:

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Roxette, your ring is gorgeous and the diamond is fantastic. Enjoy!

woofmama

Ideal_Rock
Gorgeous diamond & your setting is beautiful :love: Congratulations and enjoy!

Roxette

Rough_Rock
She is baaaack! :appl:
Just received Agnes 2.0 today, 3 days shy of my anniversary date! She is so gorgeous, her shoulders dripping in diamonds;-) Again, the changes I asked for are bezel instead of prongs and small diamonds in platinum on the shoulders and on top of wedding band. The entire shank is still rose gold, and it peaks ever so gorgeously on the sides. Pictures! ( and no, the green blanket is not the only thing I own, but always happen to be on my bed when taking pictures so it winds up being my picture background ;-) Thank you for letting me share, again!

_18122.jpg

_18123.jpg

_18125.jpg

_18124.jpg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results