shape
carat
color
clarity

Updates, anyone?

lin_ny

Brilliant_Rock
madelise|1381252715|3534240 said:
It's stunning, Linny! There are many of us just waiting to see what the gallery looks like! Just a quick Q… the bezel looks thicker on your ring than in your inspiration photos of the original cushion. Is it because you needed to cover the chip of Chippy? Or did you request it to be thicker? I absolutely love it. It adds so much finger presence without being too-much. And I love that the miligrain is in the center of the bezel rather than on the side. It looks so fluid!!
Wow. I've been out of the loop for a while. Came back to realize I'd missed a few replies that are now long overdue!!! My apologies!

YES you're right. I think the bezel is thicker. I didn't have much involvement in the ring once ERD received the diamond. I think it may have been a bit because of chippy, but also just stability/durability. The bezel on the inspiration ring was proooobably requested to be super duuuuper thin. I'm glad, in hindsight, that it's the size it is. Really provides for some nice finger coverage. :bigsmile:

I'm sure you've already seen this thread & the gallery pics, but here! [URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/got-me-a-fianc%C3%A9-my-oec-in-an-18k-rose-gold-bezel-by-erd.194098/']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/got-me-a-fianc%C3%A9-my-oec-in-an-18k-rose-gold-bezel-by-erd.194098/[/URL]

ps. holy crap. can you believe it's a chipped diamond?

little_birdie

Rough_Rock
My update: moving back interstate to where my partner is. I've put in my informal resignation to move back next year sadly. I love this workplace but it's a little lonely here where I am (my family is interstate where my partner is).
Will see how things go.

16ocean

Brilliant_Rock
Hi!
Hmmmm don't know where to start . . . Joined PriceScope/LIW in the spring of 09. At the time I had been dating my BF mostly on and some off for pretty close to a decade and it looked as if he was going to be "the one".
After abt a month on this forum and as the ten year mark passed w/ that man . . . . I was done. I knew this was not a healthy relationship.
Part of that knowledge came from what I read from other members here . . . my BF at that time had been talking the talk but not walking the walk at all.
Abt 6 &1/2 years have passed.
I've popped in this form from time to time, love the upbeat energy. The pearl forum was great in helping me buy some earrings. I have dated and had a other BF and SO that have been "good, fine". BUT for the first time in as long as I can remember I am wowed . . . I actually know what peopel are talking about whne they say they have an amazing BF.

Not ready to join the list yet but have a feeling I will soon.
:)

MBKRH

Brilliant_Rock
The bf and I were talking last night, and out of the blue he said "We should get married on 12/13/14." I loved the idea but then I realized that's ten months away. :lol: He's like "Of course that really puts a damper on me getting your ring, though."
I feel bad for him because I know he was saving for my ring, but then we bought a new mattress (the old one was a hand-me-down from my aunt, and it was 30 year old, if not more). Then he took a paycut and it's next to impossible for him to put extra money aside for my ring now. So, I guess I'm on a mission to find a new ring. I went from having $6K to play with, down to $3500, down to $2000, and now lower than that. :sick:

Well, that's my update for now. We'll see if anything comes of making that date a reality, unless it was his glass of beer talking last night. :razz:

antiquesparkler

Brilliant_Rock
You can still find something amazing in your budget! That's progress, MBKRH! :appl: What a neat wedding date too!

madelise

Ideal_Rock
Premium
MBKRH: I know this is PS, and that many people will find this blasphemy. But you want to marry your BF for HIM, not the ring. It doesn't matter that your budget has now lost some fluff. You *know* we will help you find something in your budget. I'm sorry to hear he's taken a pay cut, but I still remember how much he loves and has supported you throughout the years with your car and everything. If you love someone and just can't wait to marry them, you'd say yes to an onion ring. I know I would.

MBKRH

Brilliant_Rock
antiquesparkler|1392091558|3612537 said:
You can still find something amazing in your budget! That's progress, MBKRH! :appl: What a neat wedding date too!

Thanks antique. At this point, I really don't care about the ring anymore. It would be NICE only because I don't own any nice jewelry and I know that's probably the only nice jewelry I'll ever own. But I'm over it. And yeah, I love the date! I never imagined getting married in the winter (especially living in the Chicago area) but when he suggested the date, how could I disagree? Especially since I always wanted to marry on a unique date.

madelise|1392098667|3612598 said:
MBKRH: I know this is PS, and that many people will find this blasphemy. But you want to marry your BF for HIM, not the ring. It doesn't matter that your budget has now lost some fluff. You *know* we will help you find something in your budget. I'm sorry to hear he's taken a pay cut, but I still remember how much he loves and has supported you throughout the years with your car and everything. If you love someone and just can't wait to marry them, you'd say yes to an onion ring. I know I would.

Exactly, Mad. I'm really not upset. I'm more excited to *hopefully* marry him on that date. I don't care about the wedding.
I already told him we'll just find someone who's ordained, have a big co-ed engagement party that will serve as the designated event to drop off gifts and all that jazz, get a place for a nice reception, and that's it. No bridesmaids, no lame bridal shower, no tacky bachelorette party. None of that.
With the love and support he's given me for almost three years, I couldn't be more greatful. He truly is one of a kind. And you're 100% correct- if he gave me an onion ring, I'd wear it with pride. Until I got hungry. :oops:

madelise

Ideal_Rock
Premium
MBKRH|1392168073|3613226 said:

Exactly, Mad. I'm really not upset. I'm more excited to *hopefully* marry him on that date. I don't care about the wedding.
I already told him we'll just find someone who's ordained, have a big co-ed engagement party that will serve as the designated event to drop off gifts and all that jazz, get a place for a nice reception, and that's it. No bridesmaids, no lame bridal shower, no tacky bachelorette party. None of that.
With the love and support he's given me for almost three years, I couldn't be more greatful. He truly is one of a kind. And you're 100% correct- if he gave me an onion ring, I'd wear it with pride. Until I got hungry. :oops:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

I'm so happy to hear things are looking up for you. *Big hugs*!!!

antiquesparkler

Brilliant_Rock
How are you doing, Mad? I read about your ring fiasco on the other thread. Thinking of you. Hugs! :))

MMtwo

Ideal_Rock

Oh Madelise! Bravo!
+1

MBKRH

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you, Mad!

BIG NEWS: we are going ring shopping tonight! It's so cliche to get engaged on Valentine's day, and M was against it. I told him since we have a date, we may as well skip engagement. He said that he didn't feel right about that though and said we'll get a small ring for now. I told him we could just get engaged sans ring. Again he wasn't thrilled with that. So with that being said, I might be an engaged woman by tonight. It also depends if he gets out of work on time and how quickly we can ring shop. We shall see!loads of dust to all the ladies!

LoveLikeCrazy

Brilliant_Rock
MBKRH|1392403773|3615315 said:
Thank you, Mad!

BIG NEWS: we are going ring shopping tonight! It's so cliche to get engaged on Valentine's day, and M was against it. I told him since we have a date, we may as well skip engagement. He said that he didn't feel right about that though and said we'll get a small ring for now. I told him we could just get engaged sans ring. Again he wasn't thrilled with that. So with that being said, I might be an engaged woman by tonight. It also depends if he gets out of work on time and how quickly we can ring shop. We shall see!loads of dust to all the ladies!

thats great MBKRH!!!!! :appl: I have had my wedding planned and paid for since may of last year sans "e ring"!! The diamond is at Vatche right now being set...we have not formally announced an engagement yet without the ring - so i think its great he's moving right along with wanting to propose!

My update...i've been here and there. Don't feel like i fit on this board (since i was planning a wedding), but no e ring (so kinda belong here?) EITHER WAY - I've been busy as all heck in my LAST semester of nursing school! WAHOO! After my insane searching - we found a diamond that fit his budget and my parameters. The diamond is currently at Vatche getting set into a Platinum U113! I had some time to play with my little sparkly because we bought it online through Ritani, then the local jeweler sent it out to Vatche. Can't wait to get it back!

STATS:
1.001 I VS2 AGS000

Here's some fire shots, and then the best shot i could get in the ring holder thingy.

imageuploadedbytapatalk1391357134.jpg

imageuploadedbytapatalk1391357301.jpg

madelise

Ideal_Rock
Premium
antiquesparkler|1392316835|3614501 said:
How are you doing, Mad? I read about your ring fiasco on the other thread. Thinking of you. Hugs! :))

I'm doing relatively great! If you caught up on my thread, I set it Dimples in a temp cheapy 6-prong solitaire. It's really letting me enjoy Dimples as a stand-alone stone rather than as a whole ring. Hope you're doing well, too! :wavey: I try to avoid the BWW side since it kind of depresses me slightly, so I'm not really catching up to all your ladies' posts! Miss you guys!

lktx

Shiny_Rock
Victor Canera just emailed to say my ring is finished...............

SQUEEE

madelise

Ideal_Rock
Premium
lktx|1393103005|3620775 said:

SQUEEE

!!!!!!!

SQUEE!!!!!

lktx

Shiny_Rock
madelise|1393174733|3621186 said:
lktx|1393103005|3620775 said:

SQUEEE

!!!!!!!

SQUEE!!!!!

youtube.com/watch?v=1TD1IKHotSo&index=2&list=UUjKUkZZv7JZaLvAAGWUQBaw

:naughty: :naughty: :naughty: :naughty: :naughty: :naughty:

antiquesparkler

Brilliant_Rock
Beautiful! :love: :love: :love:

lktx

Shiny_Rock
antiquesparkler|1393693708|3625282 said:
Beautiful! :love: :love: :love:

Thank you!

Ring has arrived. Now just playing the waiting game. Hopefully not too much longer!

little_birdie

Rough_Rock
I've just arrived back to my hometown. Starting my new job next week! We're currently getting a ring made through Whiteflash and Tacori. The wait will probably be another month from now though before it arrives here (hopefully not longer!)

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results