shape
carat
color
clarity

14K white gold vintage ring

Sky56

Brilliant_Rock
Unusual 3 stone ring with 1.5 point accent diamonds. Center stone is 5 mm, sides are 4 mm each. All have small tables and steep crowns. I found it at a pawn shop. A jeweler told me that the center is an Old Mine Cut and the sidestones are a different kind of old cut. The shank is stamped 14K. Stones to me appear to be in or near the I-J color range and VS1 clarity with one stone being SI2.
It's my current favorite pointer finger ring. The pawn shop told me a very old woman sold it to them. The diamonds are very lively and sparkly. One odd way I can tell good cut is if a diamond looks good while I'm in my car. Its medium-dark grey interior makes inferior-cut stones look really bad. A good cut looks great there, and this ring passes that test. 8-) I'm guessing circa 1920 - 1935?? From the looks of it, 1940 seems late.

oldcut3stone.jpg

oldcut3stone2.jpg

GemFever

Ideal_Rock
Trade
I like the car test ::)

Sweet ring! I like the unusual design on the corners.

Sky56

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you, GemFever! ♡

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh this is really pretty Skye, I love these older rings and this one is quite unique :love: - what a fantastic find! :appl:

Sky56

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you, junebug! ♡ The rectangular sides make it unique, like it's Art Deco meets Edwardian.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results