shape
carat
color
clarity

My 1920s OEC and Sapphire French Deco Ring

Dulcinea

Rough_Rock
I'm pretty excited about this ring, so pardon the barrage of photos. If anyone can understand, I'm sure it's people here. ;))

More detailed stats are pending an appraisal report, but... she's an original French "target" style ring c. 1920s. The dog's head hallmark for platinum is actually on the outside of the shank, which I'm told is the way the French usually did it back in the day. I was caught a bit by surprise by this ring, because I'm really not generally a halo-style person; but the proportions of this ring really bowled me over. I love that the ring of sapphires is just the narrowest outline to highlight the OEC. I also love that the center stone is separated from the sapphire bezel and elevated slightly by the eight prongs that secure it. And I love that the sapphires are a square cut rather than tiny rounds.

The OEC in the center is incredibly firey and a good size (around 10mm :naughty: ). Color is probably in the K-L range-- she faces up white to ivory in most light. I haven't managed to get a clear shot of the faceting, but this stone has a very small table (to my eye, anyway) and lovely flower petals underneath. I have some basic pictures here and some fire shots for the next post-- and I also have a video showing a bit of her liveliness, but it's not clear to me that I can post it here, since links to photo sites aren't allowed. I have it uploaded on Vimeo-- can anyone clarify whether I can post the link here?

Basic photos (of course I managed to break my ring finger nail right before I took these):
decoring1.jpg decoring2.jpg decoring3.jpg

Dulcinea

Rough_Rock
Some attempts to capture the fire. My eye can see so much more than my iPhone can, unfortunately-- but occasionally I can manage to snap a small flash of color!
decoringfire1.jpg decoringfire4.jpg decoringfire3.jpg

ariel144

Ideal_Rock
WOW! perfect...great find...lucky you!

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
:love: :shock: :love: I adore this ring, it is so amazing! What a special find! You are indeed very lucky, enjoy this beauty!

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow, that is beautiful - you should move it to the main show me the bling section and let everyone see it - it's amazing!!!!

artdecogirl

Brilliant_Rock
Beautiful! Stats pretty please...

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It's gorgeous!!

ihy138

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
So beautiful! And the finger coverage, oy! :love:

iluvshinythings

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
It's beautiful! It looks so firey! The proportions are great too and it looks perfect on your finger.

SB621

Ideal_Rock
BEAUTIFUL!!!! and is it 10mm diamond only or with the halo? Regardless I'm seriously in love.

Dulcinea

Rough_Rock
Everyone, thanks so much for your kind comments, and for letting me share my excitement!

I'm still waiting on the appraiser to finish writing up his report (it better be thorough :rolleyes: ) and will post more accurate stats when I get it.

In the meantime, my attempts to photograph the faceting properly have not been going well-- the video I have really gives the best view of them so far, so I hope it's okay to post the link: http://vimeo.com/80954716 This is indoors on a very gloomy day, so there aren't as many lovely pastel colors coming out as there often are.

Dulcinea

Rough_Rock
SB621|1386122147|3567049 said:
BEAUTIFUL!!!! and is it 10mm diamond only or with the halo? Regardless I'm seriously in love.

Thank you! It's the diamond only-- I think with the halo it's 13-14mm, but I'll double-check that next time I'm near calipers, since I was definitely more focused on measuring the size of the diamond initially. My finger's a 6.5 so I don't get quite as much finger coverage as some ladies on here do at this size (though I can't complain)!

SB621

Ideal_Rock
Dulcinea|1386173327|3567376 said:
SB621|1386122147|3567049 said:

Thank you! It's the diamond only-- I think with the halo it's 13-14mm, but I'll double-check that next time I'm near calipers, since I was definitely more focused on measuring the size of the diamond initially. My finger's a 6.5 so I don't get quite as much finger coverage as some ladies on here do at this size (though I can't complain)!

Oh my gosh that is huge. I can't wait to see what the appraiser says for size. I'm guessing around 4cts!!! Yeah for large diamonds with halos :saint: :halo:

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow, definitely one of the most beautiful and unique halos I've seen. I agree that having the halo made of sapphires - and so thin and fine a ring of them at that - gives the ring elegance and finesse. The faceting is stunning on the diamond. I love the creamy coloring with pastel flashes it gives off. I would love its little cousin version of that ring... 8)

Chicago Girl

Shiny_Rock
Oh my goodness, that is absolutely stunning! I am jealous!! I love the sapphire halo, just beautiful.

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Majorly gorgeous!! :love: :love: congratulations!! What a find.

Circe

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Every time I see this thread rise up the list, I hope it's because you're posting more pics. Dulcinea, come back and tell us more! I'd love to know how you found it - were you specifically looking for a target ring, or was it straight-up kismet to come across it?

gemmyblond

Shiny_Rock
Wow...I missed this thread before but am so happy to see it now. Gorgeous ring! Congratulations on finding such a beautiful stone and interesting setting. It looks terrific on your hand! Congratulations and please share more details if you can. Truly lovely.

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
What a great find!!! I love target rings :love: and this one is truly gorgeous. The combination of the sapphires and the OEC is a great match. Enjoy wearing your ring. :wavey:

Ssteel

Rough_Rock
Stunning.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results