shape
carat
color
clarity

What are the spec to consider when buying diamond earring?

gpiglet

Rough_Rock
Hi,

I want to complete my collection on diamonds and very curious on diamond earrings.
I have my e-ring, 3/4 eternity w band, 8tct bracelet and would to complete the look with earrings..

I heard the spec to consider for earrings are slightly different compare to purchasing a diamond ring as people would not look at the earrings closely.

Any suggestion other than carat?

Thanks a lot.

heididdl

Ideal_Rock
Re: What are the spec to consider when buying diamond earrin

just like ering cut is king.....Color carat, and clarity are negotiable considering your budget and carat size.

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

I would consider the possibly to upgrade/expand the look by pairing the studs with a pair of diamond earring jackets. Therefore, I would consider a setting that would be suitable to be worn with earring jackets.

DK :))

gpiglet

Rough_Rock

When I did my e-ring shopping, people told me I should give up on clarity and get excellent cut. Like get SI class instead of VS class, if the cut and polish are excellent. And get D-F color if the carat is on the larger range where G-I color are forgiving when the carat is not as big.

What about diamond earrings? I'm considering round or princess cut ?

My budget... would be max $5000 range for the pair... Both my e-ring and wedding bands are F color

Rhea

Ideal_Rock
Premium

It all ends up being down to preference and what you can mentally tolerate. I have two OEC pairs of earrings and the first pair always bugged me. The jeweller said he found a great match when I handed over a few in about the same size to him. And they were great face up, but the crown height really got to me and I ended up continuing the hunt and switching one of them out. When I had my 2nd and larger pair made and did the same thing, handing a few diamonds over to the jeweller for him to match, I stressed that matching crown heights was pretty high up there for me. He put clarity matches higher, I disagreed, and I'm really glad I did. I love these earrings!

Point being, find what you can tolerate. My earrings are L-M OECs with VVS clarity. And the same crown heights! If you have an F colour e-ring because you don't like lower tints then stay higher in colour for your earrings too. I do generally think you can drop a bit below what you'd want on your finger but still stay with what you know already works. There's a reason you made the decision to wear the diamonds in the colour and clarity you currently do.

heididdl

Ideal_Rock

gpiglet|1388790501|3585813 said:
When I did my e-ring shopping, people told me I should give up on clarity and get excellent cut. Like get SI class instead of VS class, if the cut and polish are excellent. And get D-F color if the carat is on the larger range where G-I color are forgiving when the carat is not as big.

What about diamond earrings? I'm considering round or princess cut ?

My budget... would be max $5000 range for the pair... Both my e-ring and wedding bands are F color

definetely round. G-I is more than fine for studs if your budget is $5,000 what size did you have in mind....Seems llike 100 total carat

http://www.whiteflash.com/loose-diamonds/diamond-pairs-details.aspx?Diamond1=2938295&Diamond2=2937167

gorgoous oair 'wf has excellent return and upgrade policy and gorgous studs

sherryd

Rough_Rock

If it were me and I had a nice budget I would get excellent cut g-h round cut si quality. In the largest size
possible :love: You should be able to get 1.50tcw no problem, and if you get round you can always get
jackets to change up the look if you wanted to. I recieved a pair of 1.30tcw round earrings for Christmas
and they haven't left my ears yet only to clean them! They're the perfect size imho and wouldn't want
much larger. Mine are in the martini setting and are very comfortable too. Happy shopping!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results