shape
carat
color
clarity

show me your ~.25 ct solitaire rings!

MisterFredMan

Rough_Rock
hi everyone! i just recently joined, but i've been scrolling through the site for quite some time! i find it to be very helpful and everyone here has beautiful jewelry. i was wonding if any of you with approximately .25 ct solitaire rings (or even a .25 ct center on a multistone ring) would like to show me pictures of your beauties. my boyfriend just bought me this lovely ring as a christmas present, as a pre-engagement/modern-day promise ring (as in a commitment ring, not the tradional sense of "promise ring"), because he wanted to get me an engagement ring but we can't afford it at the moment. anyway, it's a .27 P/Q color, VS1 solitaire, and i am jus SO SO SO excited for it to arrive!! so i'm wondering what all of yours look like. :] oh! and if you wanted to say what size you arw, that would be lovely as well. i'm anxious to see how it'll look on my finger, so i'm looking for size comparison as well! i'm also wondering about your thoughts on getting the ring plated to be white instead of yellow.

image_860.jpg
image_863.jpg
image_862.jpg

oakleaf

Shiny_Rock
My engagment ring is a baby diamond! My ring size is 8 due to my giant hands.
0.29 D colored, ideal cut, MRB set in platinum. I recently switched out my prongs for a half bezel set north/south.

img_2223.jpg

img_2203.jpg

img_2228.jpg

MisterFredMan

Rough_Rock
oakleaf79|1386645622|3571084 said:
My engagment ring is a baby diamond! My ring size is 8 due to my giant hands.
0.29 D colored, ideal cut, MRB set in platinum. I recently switched out my prongs for a half bezel set north/south.

beautiful! love it!

MisterFredMan

Rough_Rock
got my "shipped" notification today! can't wait for it to get here! though i have to wait for christmas to get it. but i'm sure i'll be posting pictures all over the place once i have it!

nicolesy

Rough_Rock
Beautiful! I personally think the yellow gold compliments the diamond quite nicely. I would keep it like that.
I have to wait till Christmas for my ring too, and the anticipation is killing me!

MisterFredMan

Rough_Rock
nicolesy|1386727722|3571670 said:
Beautiful! I personally think the yellow gold compliments the diamond quite nicely. I would keep it like that.
I have to wait till Christmas for my ring too, and the anticipation is killing me!

thank you! i feel the same about how the yellow gold tends to complement the champagne colored diamonds, but i've seen them look gorgeous in white gold as well, and my boyfriend prefers platinum or white gold, and while i think yellow gold looks better on him anyway, i'm happy to go with white for him, and i would like both for our rings to match eachother, and also to be able to wear this ring as a set with my e-ring and wedding band when the time comes. so i guess we'll just see what happens when it gets here! thank you for your opinion!!

(sorry for the super run-on sentence!)

Smith1942

Ideal_Rock
I agree that the yellow gold will complement the warmer diamond. I'm sure it will look beautiful! :appl:

Oakleaf, I love your set! Who did the bezel? I think the north-south half bezel is amazing! I have a half-bezel east-west and I would never have thought of doing it this way, but it looks fab!

Natylad

Ideal_Rock
Premium
This is the ring that i got for my daughter, when she was born, but sometimes i wear it myself :Up_to_something: :naughty: ! It's exactly .25ct, F color, VS1 clarity, VG cut, set in 18kt white gold!

ETA: My ring size is 4.75

hpim2365.jpg

hpim2366.jpg

MisterFredMan

Rough_Rock
natyLad|1386777168|3571935 said:
This is the ring that i got for my daughter, when she was born, but sometimes i wear it myself :Up_to_something: :naughty: ! It's exactly .25ct, F color, VS1 clarity, VG cut, set in 18kt white gold!

ETA: My ring size is 4.75

beautiful! thank you for showing me

onyx8

Rough_Rock
I found this ring in my grandmother's jewelry box after she passed away earlier this year. It is about .25 carats by my estimate, yellow gold. It was a size 3, I had it resized to a 6.

uploadfromtaptalk1386779323994.jpg

uploadfromtaptalk1386779335880.jpg

MisterFredMan

Rough_Rock
onyx8|1386779348|3571947 said:
I found this ring in my grandmother's jewelry box after she passed away earlier this year. It is about .25 carats by my estimate, yellow gold. It was a size 3, I had it resized to a 6.

lovely! it's nice to have something to remember by.. i'm sorry to hear that.

MisterFredMan

Rough_Rock
it's finally here!! of course, i don't get it yet, but i absolutely had to try it on to make sure it was as perfect as it seemed! (and it was!) tried a couple of different lightings (don't mind my super-dry red hands) but i just can't capture the sparkle of it, and it throws rainbows in the sunlight! actually, it's so perfect that we've decided to upgrade it from a promise ring to an engagement ring (i think it makes sense for us right now; it's an e-ring that he really wanted to get me for christmas anyway, but we can't really afford one right now so we went with a promise ring instead. super-picky me would be more than happy to have this for an engagement ring--even though it's much smaller than what we were planning--with a nice diamondy band, and we could always get the big ol' rock he wants to get me for an anniversary in the future or something, when we can better afford it.) we need to get a nice little tune-up on it (it's a 6 right now and needs to be a 6.5, also one of the prongs is off-center and i'm really considering turning the yellow gold white), and of course he needs to actually propose to me (and i expect a good one!), so i'm just SOOOO anxious to actually be able to wear this every day!

_12693.jpg

_12694.jpg

_12695.jpg

_12696.jpg

MisterFredMan

Rough_Rock
ugh, sideways pictures! and i swear my fingers aren't crooked like that! (it's a combination of angle and the fact that my finger tips do curve a little bit when i have them straightened out all the way)

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
MisterFredMan, that looks absolutely lovely on you!!! :love: How exciting it's become an engagement ring, YAY! :appl:

MisterFredMan

Rough_Rock
junebug17|1387080326|3574501 said:
MisterFredMan, that looks absolutely lovely on you!!! :love: How exciting it's become an engagement ring, YAY! :appl:

thank you so much!! i absolutely adore it! like i said, he wanted to get me a much bigger stone for an e-ring (his standards are apparently 1ct+), but it seems the economy is just fighting against us at every turn, and we don't really have room for that kind of budget lol. it is super exciting, i just can't wait until it's official! thank you!

onyx8

Rough_Rock
Looks great MisterFredMan! Come back and tell us about the proposal... :)

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That is lovely on you!

Polished

Brilliant_Rock
I love a classic solitaire and I'm liking yours in yellow gold, although that might have something to do with those midnight nails and their golden tips. Before considering changing out to a white metal, it might be an idea to just try your ring with a few different diamond bands. The look can change considerably.

Artquest

Rough_Rock
Love your new ring, congratulations! Our situation was actually very similar, when we got married here in the US we spent so much money on lawyers and getting me in the country (I'm from Europe) that we postponed it! He gave me a 'promise ring', same settings as yours with a .23 RB. Now, 3 years later we just picked a gorgeous loose diamond and GOG is setting it as we speak! I hope you're excited with your ring, it's really pretty! And this way, you get to spent lots of time on picking the perfect diamond together!

I do love the yellow gold, and the way it's tapered! And your nails are so much fun :cheeky:

MisterFredMan

Rough_Rock
thank you everyone! i will certainly tell you all about the proposal when it happens!

@Polished - i will probably do that! thanks!

@Artquest - that is so wonderful!! i look forward to being able to do that myself :] and i love how my ring is tapered too, that was one of the things that made me fall in love with it! and thanks, and i do my nails myself! ;p

MisterFredMan

Rough_Rock
thank you everyone! i will certainly tell you all about the proposal when it happens!

@Polished - i will probably do that! thanks!

@Artquest - that is so wonderful!! i look forward to being able to do that myself :] and i love how my ring is tapered too, that was one of the things that made me fall in love with it! and thanks, and i do my nails myself! ;p

Natylad

Ideal_Rock
Premium
The ring is beautiful!!! It looks great on your hand :appl: And personally, i love the yellow gold. I think you should give yourself some time before changing the color of the setting! Congrats on your upcoming engagement :appl:

MisterFredMan

Rough_Rock
he totally proposed! he did it on christmas eve, in front of the christmas tree with my family there. it was very sweet. i love my ring, and did end up turning it white and am so very happy that i did.

_13056.jpg

_13057.jpg

_13058.jpg

Scarlett1

Brilliant_Rock
Congratulations :appl: Looks really beautiful!!
Great decision to change to white gold, looks great on you!!
Ps fab nails too

MisterFredMan

Rough_Rock
Scarlett1|1388142869|3581197 said:
Congratulations :appl: Looks really beautiful!!
Great decision to change to white gold, looks great on you!!
Ps fab nails too

thank you so much!

mcosme

Shiny_Rock
it looks stunning on you! congrats :appl:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results