color
clarity

#TBT 1.35ct J V1 Old Marquise in OEC and pearl necklace

SparklyOEC

Brilliant_Rock
WOW!! I love your jewelry. Your pictures are perfection. :love:

gemmyblond

Shiny_Rock
Gorgeous. Love love love the shape of the marquise. Congrats!

pregcurious

Ideal_Rock
The faceting on your marquise and your round are amazing.

ForteKitty

Ideal_Rock
junebug17|1387248256|3575785 said:
if it was mine, I'd be so tempted to set it in a ring just so I could look at it all the time lol!

Shh.... I am very cautiously considering it. I say cautiously because there are some PSers who might murder me for taking this piece apart! :bigsmile: After spending a whole day staring down my own shirt and staring into a mirror (and getting zero work done), I really want to be able to see it. I have a smaller marquise that is currently in an E-W ring. It's 1mm thinner and almost the same length, so it might work. Not sure I'd want a skinnier marquise hanging off a pendant, though, since it wont have the same effect. Maybe a custom gem or something? The SO also wants it off the chain, because he fears it's too delicate for my lack of grace.

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Its gorgeous!

How about a longer chain so you can see it better? An extension?

ForteKitty

Ideal_Rock
Thanks!!

An extension would work, but the chain is still very, very delicate. I can't remove the pendant because the bale doesn't fit over the pearls, so a new chain = cutting the current chain. I'm not going to make any rash decisions right now. Just gonna wear it and enjoy it! :D

ForteKitty

Ideal_Rock
Thanks everyone for your lovely comments!! ::)

Sakuracherry

Brilliant_Rock
I'm soooooo jealous of your nice jewelry collection :love: The marquise is so pretty.

SomethingSinful

Shiny_Rock
I had been :lickout: lusting after this necklace forever. I'm so happy you got it because I'm really loving all of your wonderful pictures. :love:
p.s. I'd be one of those really really really sad people if you took it apart. It really is one of my most favorite necklaces ever.

justginger

Ideal_Rock
Absolutely lovely - what a treasure! :love:

SB621

Ideal_Rock
So beautiful...no words. Between your ering, your lovely new necklace and your rockin' nails I'm extremely jealous!!!!!

Tourmaline

Ideal_Rock
Trade
That is the prettiest marquise I've ever seen!

vintagelover229

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It's AMAZING!

I know this might be a risk but with a good bench could they possibly modify the current pendant setting to clasp/unclasp so you could remove it and wear it on another chain? Singlestone might be the people to ask about that?

ForteKitty

Ideal_Rock
vintagelover229|1387318716|3576363 said:
It's AMAZING!

I know this might be a risk but with a good bench could they possibly modify the current pendant setting to clasp/unclasp so you could remove it and wear it on another chain? Singlestone might be the people to ask about that?

It's not really worth modifying the pendant itself, as I'm not willing to take the risk of the pendant being destroyed or it unclasping while I'm wearing it. It has small double hoops so they would have to add a hinge to the top portion and that'll make it bulkier and it will stick out further, which angles the marquise downward in an unattractive angle. The easiest way is to cut the chain and put in a sturdier chain, but I'm going to leave it as is for now, and be on the lookout for a similar chain so I can double up. I can always have some diamonds added to the new chain so it matches.

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
loving that necklace!
yes, I noticed the e-ring but I think I already mentioned I love that as well....

CharmyPoo

Ideal_Rock
It really goes with everything!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It is just a gorgeous, gorgeous piece! :love: :love: :love: What a great compliment to your ring! I adore it as a pendant and hope you'll keep it as one! You have about a million rings, so that is another reason to keep it a pendant! ;))

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
GAHHHHHHH is all I have to say..........................that and I'm so incredibly jealous!

Scarlett1

Brilliant_Rock
That is AMAZING :love: :appl: :love: :appl:
Just stunning :love: :love:
Ps catmom am loving the little Santa hats on your rings :D

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh my goodness FK this is just absolutely gorgeous! :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: I love that you found this as a whole piece and it must have such a history even if you never know it. Since you want to see it when you are wearing it could you have an extender made that is the same chain type with clasps that blend in and it be hidden by your hair? Even just 3-4 inches might help and could be worn on top of a sweater in winter. I love longer necklaces with sweaters. Just a thought.

ForteKitty

Ideal_Rock
Aww thank you guys! I think the length is okay now... I set up a small mirror in the corner of my desk. ;)) If it was longer I'd be tempted to stare down my own shirt all day, which would look rather weird.

A friend saw it and said, "how cute, what is it?"
me: "A marquise diamond. Old cut."
her: "A what and a what? well, whatever it is, it's really cute. are those plastic beads?"
me: "no, they're pearls, and the rest are diamonds"
her: "what did it cost, like $100?"
me: "......"

Gah! no appreciation for vintage jewelry. :errrr:

athenaworth

Ideal_Rock
Trade
ForteKitty|1387427031|3577284 said:
Aww thank you guys! I think the length is okay now... I set up a small mirror in the corner of my desk. ;)) If it was longer I'd be tempted to stare down my own shirt all day, which would look rather weird.

her: "A what and a what? well, whatever it is, it's really cute. are those plastic beads?"

Oh lordie. I hope you set her straight and gave her some bling teaching!

ForteKitty

Ideal_Rock
Haha, I gave up on her a long time ago. Apparently, not everyone is into jewelry! :errrr: :bigsmile:

AudiLover

Shiny_Rock
Wow wow wow! Beautiful necklace, beautiful rings, beautiful combination!!!! :appl:

Hera

Ideal_Rock
ForteKitty|1387427031|3577284 said:

:-o If only she knew....
It's so amazing, Fortekitty. That open culet and the cut on that stone are really stunning :sun: :love:

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
What a fabulous piece!!!
Like :love:

I hope you keep it like this. It's a fabulous piece with the vintage and chubby marquise :appl:
The faceting is just perfect! And the lovely culet.... :love:
For safety I would indeed search for a plain similar chain and wear it with a double chain. Or perhaps a chain with OEC's would make a great match!

nottospec

Shiny_Rock
The pendant is stunning, combined with THAT ring is absolute heaven!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results