shape
carat
color
clarity

What time of day do you shower?

mayerling

Ideal_Rock
I usually shower around dinner time so I can sit around in my pjs and relax before bed. I know some people shower before bed. I know some people shower in the morning - this I find a bit strange. I understand wanting to wake up properly and feel refreshed, but it seems to me that by the time they're ready to sleep they drag all the dirt they accumulated all day into their bed.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I shower after my morning workout.

NOYFB

Ideal_Rock
In the morning. Otherwise my hair would look like Medusa! LOL

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
Morning before work. When I had a job in a packing house, I showered at night, b/c I didn't have to do anything other than brush my teeth and deodorize in the mornings. I have to look a little nicer now. And especially since my hair is so short, it looks like I've been playing in an electrical socket w/a fork in the mornings.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
In the evening close to bed time and any time after I work out, be it morning, noon or night. When I am in a hotter climate, I shower twice a day (morning and night) due to the heat and humidity.

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
In the morning to wake me up and face the day ahead.

DK :))

kalomeli

Shiny_Rock
I have trouble waking up without shower so mornings it is. Also my hair is thick, a bit curly and hard to handle so morning shower and some blowdrying makes me look at least a bit less like a scarecrow. :lol:

mary poppins

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Usually in the morning before work. During pollen season, I'll either switch to the evening or take a second shower in the evening so the pollen in my hair doesn't get on my pillow. Pollen allergies suck.

OreoRosies86

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Night showers here! I use lavender oil to help me calm down and sleep.

amc80

Ideal_Rock
It depends. I prefer the night, though, since my hair dries while I sleep and that is one less thing I have to do in the morning.

April20

Ideal_Rock
Right now, I shower in the evening because with the volunteer work we're doing, I'm out in the heat almost all day and by 5, I'm just gross. When we're back home next spring, I'll probably go back to my shower in the morning or around 2 on days I work from home. I have no set schedule when we're home.

amc80

Ideal_Rock
Oh, and if I don't shower at night I still have to wash my feet before I get into bed. If I forget I will lay in bed and it drives me crazy to the point where I get out of bed and wash them. DH thinks I'm a weirdo.

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Showers are an awakener for me, so I don't often take them at night. I try to grab one in the morning, but being a WAHM with an 18 month old that is not always realistic. Many days I have to wait until her afternoon nap...so mark me down for midday.

Snicklefritz

Brilliant_Rock
I will often shower (wash hair) in the evening before bed, and take a quick dip in the tub in the morning before work just to rinse off (don't wash hair). Washing twice a day is a pretty regular thing for me.

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
Usually around dinnertime. Sometimes I blow it and it's around 8-830. My ultimate goal is to do it early enough in the evening that my hair is mostly dry before bed.

ruby59

Ideal_Rock
I shower every morning, so I am clean and fresh to start my day. If it has been particularly humid that day or I just feel grungy at the end of it, I will also take a bath at night. But I need that morning shower to wake me up and get me going.

iluvshinythings

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I shower in the morning. It helps me wake up and soothes my arthritis. I usually have a nice bubble bath before bed too.

diamondringlover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I work from home and I usually get in the shower right after I get off work

jaysonsmom

Ideal_Rock
I shower (shampoo my hair) in the morning 7AM, and again after the gym around 9:30AM.....and depending on my activities during the rest of the day I sometimes take a 3rd shower before bed. I like to feel fresh all the time. If I don't take my night shower, I'd at least wash my feet.

perry

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It varies - and Princess can have a lot of influence on that - but they are great showers... :naughty: :naughty:

Perry

PetitiePoire

Shiny_Rock
Prebaby I took showers in the morning. It always helped me to feel ready and clean for the day. However, now I like to sleep in as long as possible and that's usually until DD wakes up. I now shower in the evenings when DH is home. I also prefer the idea of going to bed clean. Otherwise, I feel like I need to wash my sheets more often.

It's interesting to see the responses and reasons behind them.

manderz

Brilliant_Rock
I plan for mornings. I have long, dry hair that, after being slept on when wet, is a hot mess.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
1:00 am before I go to bed.

Resonance.Of.Life

Brilliant_Rock
At night, as a nurse I'd be horrified if any of the stuff I encounter on a daily basis gets anywhere near my bed/pillow/non-scrub clothing.

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Depends.

I love the feeling of getting into bed clean, but if I sleep with my hair wet it is a mess.

If I've got yoga in the morning I try to shower the night before so I can sleep "late" (4:45 instead of 4:15 :knockout: ) and then shower again after yoga.

In my perfect world I would have a nice hot shower in the morning and a long relaxing bath in the evening. Since I can't find the time for all that I settle on a shower when it fits into my schedule best and then get a relaxing bath on a weekend. (I may have stayed in the tub for 3 hours this last Saturday 8) )

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
For those wondering about a wet head = wet pillow when taking a shower at night, you can double fold a thick towel (or 2 towels) and place it over your pillow to keep it dry. My hair takes all day to dry and I don't blow dry it. Following the above method works for me.

rubybeth

Ideal_Rock
I usually go the gym in the evening, so I shower or take a bath after that/before bed. I have curly hair and put my wet/damp hair into a loose/messy bun on the top of my head, and then when I wake up, I pull out the hair tie and it looks pretty amazing without any styling whatsoever. Having a cool/wet head also helps me to fall asleep (there's some scientific evidence that people with insomnia have hotter brains, so cooling down your head can help you fall asleep faster).

PhillyMcGee

Rough_Rock
I shower in the morning always, I couldn't go out anywhere (other than the gym or for a run, or to ride my horse where I will get dirty anyway) without a shower. If I am sweaty or dirty at night I will shower then too.

hippi_pixi

Brilliant_Rock
I shower just before bed. wether its 8pm or midnight. I used to shower in the morning but found it such a shock to my still half a sleep system that i wouldn't get out of bed until i was literally going to be late for school/uni/work.

I'll only shower in the morning if i know I'll have time for a lie in and can shower once fully awake

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results