shape
carat
color
clarity

Dust and prayers?

Begonia

Ideal_Rock
Hi all,

It's been a while - hope you are all well and gearing up for your best Xmas ever :))

I was wondering if you might send some dust/prayers my way. Nothing too serious or life-threatening.

I've just finished my OFA level 3 course. That's Occupational First Aid for those of you who are unfamiliar. It was grueling for me, as First Aid is challenging for me, but it may help me with my job search. The course work was fine, as I've always enjoyed learning, but the practical was/is stressful. Having to assess, do critical interventions and package all in 15 minutes and under...or to know when things don't fall under Rapid Transport Criteria...you gotta call it right, do the right thing, and get them on their way. I feel like the real life scenario will be way less stressful than this evaluation. I've always been a cool head when the blood starts flying.

I do my written and practical exam next Wednesday, and at times I am almost gutted with anxiety. Other times I am in a bring-it-on kind of headspace. I don't know how I can flip between calm confidence and being worried stiff. That's exhausting.

Prayers/dust...please?

Karl_K

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
Prayers outgoing.

What job are you going for?

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Begonia: much dust and my most positive thoughts to you. You can do this. Don't be too anxious. Trust yourself. You are going to help so many people. Remember that it's just a test, and you already know all the answers. You'll do great.

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It sounds like you really know your stuff! Keep reminding yourself of that - and of course going over your notes and study materials - and you'll do just fine!

Oh, and *dust* *dust* *dust*!

JewelFreak

Ideal_Rock
Begonia, you'll be great! Concentrate on how calm you are IRL, not on "what if I don't convince them?" Because you WILL knock 'em out if you think about the subject material rather than about yourself! Hey, my brother did EMT courses & works on an ambulance -- and he is a retired airline pilot, for heaven's sake, with NO first aid experience at all. If he can do it, you can ACE it. Dust in buckets (if you get nervous, picture all the sparkly PS dust & you'll be fine.)

--- Laurie

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Begonia, I'm sending tons of PS dust and good thoughts your way. You are going to do great on the practical and written exam. And soon you will be relieved it is over and you will have so much to show for all your dedication and hard work. I will be keeping you in my thoughts and sending positive vibes your way...good luck!!!

SB621

Ideal_Rock
Dust Dust Dust!!!! Go ge' em!

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
Good luck Begonia!!! DUST DUST DUST!!! Stay calm, think thru the process and just proceed as though you were practicing at home. Calm and steady... breathe...and you'll be FINE! :bigsmile:

DUST DUST DUST ---- you can do it!

JaneSmith

Brilliant_Rock
GO BEGONIA GO!
:appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl:

Begonia

Ideal_Rock
Now I'm all teary.

But feelin' the love. :))

Thank you Karl, Monarch, VR. Jewel, Missy, SB621 and Enerchi.

I am going to try for a position with our local Ferry service, and they are required to have x-number of OFA's on every shift. It will drastically improve my chances of getting on with them. Drastically. This job would really help my family's financial situation.

It has, quite frankly, been one of the most difficult exercises I've ever done.

When it goes well, and you done all that's required and within the designated time frame...well, it's like no other feeling. Worry about the person's condition after they have left my hands is not something I've had to deal with. Yet.

The test is Wednesday...

Begonia

Ideal_Rock
Thanks also JaneSmith. :))

Your positive thoughts are helping more than you know...

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
YOU go girl. Dust and prayers go your way!!! YOU can do this!!!! :appl: :appl: :appl: :wavey: :wavey:

isaku5

Ideal_Rock
You'll do well, Begonia!!!! :love: You've prepared yourself for this (yes, you have). You're READY!!!

Don't listen to that 'devil' on your shoulder that makes you nervous; It's actually inspiring you with well -placed confidence :appl: :wavey:

You're on a roll: With PS dust and prayers you're more than ready!!

Keep in touch. :appl: :appl: :appl: We're with you all the way!!

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Prayers Begonia! I know you will do well! I can't wait to hear how it went!

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Dust!,Dust!,Dust :!:

Begonia

Ideal_Rock
Thank you Kaleigh, isaku, luv and Dancing Fire :))

Studying my little heart out until about 6 pm and then I'll do some meditation and a hot bath.

My practice scenario today went well - assisted vents as a critical intervention. Got him on the board in 15 even. It was a really big, muscular guy around 6 foot and about 225 lbs (I'm 110 lbs). Very heavy head. You gotta do what you gotta do...

Thanks for you continued thoughts everyone.

I can feel them all the way over here :))

Begonia

Ideal_Rock
Off to the exam now (written and practical).

Ridiculously nervous, but doing breath exercises.

I can honestly say I worked as hard as I could on this course. I couldn't have done any more. If I pass this thing, everything will be okay. If I fail this thing, everything will be okay.

I'll let you know...

Begonia

Ideal_Rock
I passed :))

Whew! That was hard, but fair.

Thank you all for your support and kind thoughts. It really helped.

Love Begonia

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Begonia|1386862243|3572814 said:

:appl: :appl: :appl:

Of course you did!

Now I hope that job comes through!

NewShiny

Shiny_Rock
Begonia|1386862243|3572814 said:
I passed :))

Whew! That was hard, but fair.

Thank you all for your support and kind thoughts. It really helped.

Love Begonia

Congratulations!!

Christina...

Ideal_Rock
Yah! I read the thread too late to offer you some dust from my way, but I'm so happy that you passed!! Congratulations! :appl:

Ximena

Rough_Rock
Wonderful news, congrats Begonia!

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Begonia, I'm late to this thread, but CONGRATULATIONS!!! I'm so happy for you!

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
Woo hoo!!! congratulations on being the brilliant and spectacular person you are!! :appl:

Oh--- and on passing the exam too :wink2:

Begonia

Ideal_Rock
Thank you VR, NewShiny, Christina, Ximena, Dee, and Enerchi :))

Such a weight off my shoulders. All the hard work paid off.

One of my four partners choked and walked out of the exam though, so I am still trying to recover from that. We four: Ray (200+ pound over six foot, calmest, nicest man ever), Rick (19 years old, smart as a whip and the nicest lad you are ever likely to meet), Merv (logger, smoker, drinker and all around MacGyver type, well-schooled in camp life and first aid), and Begonia (47 year old Mother of two, built like a hummingbird, lacking in self-confidence with first aid but a smart enough gal). What a motley crew, but they're family now.

We lost Rick to nerves. :blackeye: Poor kid. Couldn't figure out the scenario. A bad leg break that couldn't be straightened (we can't generally do that) and had to be immobilized creatively. He just second-guessed himself. We couldn't say anything to help him. Not permitted.

He can test again in January. I wish him well.

Thank you my friends. :))

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Begonia|1386891216|3573214 said:
Thank you VR, NewShiny, Christina, Ximena, Dee, and Enerchi :))

Such a weight off my shoulders. All the hard work paid off.

One of my four partners choked and walked out of the exam though, so I am still trying to recover from that. We four: Ray (200+ pound over six foot, calmest, nicest man ever), Rick (19 years old, smart as a whip and the nicest lad you are ever likely to meet), Merv (logger, smoker, drinker and all around MacGyver type, well-schooled in camp life and first aid), and Begonia (47 year old Mother of two, built like a hummingbird, lacking in self-confidence with first aid but a smart enough gal). What a motley crew, but they're family now.

We lost Rick to nerves. :blackeye: Poor kid. Couldn't figure out the scenario. A bad leg break that couldn't be straightened (we can't generally do that) and had to be immobilized creatively. He just second-guessed himself. We couldn't say anything to help him. Not permitted.

He can test again in January. I wish him well.

Thank you my friends. :))

Sounds like not only were you well prepared and good at the first aid, but you have a good sense of people as well. Congratulations! You totally deserved to pass. As for Rick, I'm glad that it was the youngest one that didn't do so well and have to think as you do that with a bit more practice, he will have the youthful resilience and bounce back. But good on you! :appl:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results