shape
carat
color
clarity

the MIA thread....anybody heard from (fill in the name) lately?

mary poppins

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Re: the MIA thread....anybody heard from (fill in the name)

Haven't seen Thing2 or Haven in quite some time. I always enjoyed their contributions to PS.

backwardsandinheels

Brilliant_Rock

Pregcurious, me too! You can always share your love of shiny things with me :wavey:

pregcurious

Ideal_Rock

Thanks, backwardsandincartwheels. I thought this smiley was appropriate: :twirl:

Andelain

Ideal_Rock

VRBeauty|1363413448|3406151 said:
Vera W|1363198699|3404024 said:
Andelain has been heavy on my mind these days. Sent a few emails but no reply yet. Sending good thoughts her way.

If you do get ahold of her, please let her know that we're thinking of her!

Thank you. I'm around, sort of. I'll post more later, I'll just say it's been a long road back, and I'm not there yet.

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Andelain|1383768694|3551747 said:
Thank you. I'm around, sort of. I'll post more later, I'll just say it's been a long road back, and I'm not there yet.

OH MY GAWWWD! I am soooo relieved and delighted to hear from you where ever you may be on the the road back. Stay strong. :wavey:

crown1

Brilliant_Rock

Andelain, I logged in to tell you how happy I am to see your post. I have thought about you often, such a blessing to heard from you. I wish you only the best in your journey! Take care of yourself. :wavey:

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Andalain, I am so thrilled to see you posting! :appl: Please check in when you can, I'm sorry things have been so rough for you, but it's great to hear from you!

armywife13

Ideal_Rock

Andelain, I am beyond thrilled to see you post. You have been and will continue to be in my thoughts and prayers. We are all here for you, to support you on your road back.

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Another one here is who is so happy and relieved to hear from you! Go as slow as you need, just keep going on your road. Another one sending you healing thoughts and strength.

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

YAY Andelain! It's so good to see your post! Thank you for poking in to say "hi." Please continue to take good care of yourself. You are in my prayers.

Rosebloom

Ideal_Rock

What a joy to hear from you A! Keeping you in my prayers.

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

So good to hear from you Andelain! Take care and come back when you can!

Andelain

Ideal_Rock

armywife13|1383788551|3551925 said:
Andelain, I am beyond thrilled to see you post. You have been and will continue to be in my thoughts and prayers. We are all here for you, to support you on your road back.

Thank you all. :wavey: :wavey: :wavey: :wavey: :wavey: :wavey: I went into a bit of detail in the thread I started a while back about my cancer, and I really appreciate the moral support. I'm hoping to be able to come around more now. :wavey:

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

ANDE!!!!
I'm so happy to see you! :appl:

I just read your update in your old thread - it sounds like you've had a really rough time of it lately, I'm sorry ;( and now you're back in the sandbox!
I hope your recovery continues well, and I do hope we see more of you around here :bigsmile:

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Has anyone heard from Okie_girl recently?

Okie_girl

Shiny_Rock

Yssie|1385049304|3560575 said:

Yssie, how sweet of you to think of me! It's been a rough year (almost a year), but I am still putting one foot in front of the other.

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Okie_girl|1385052788|3560628 said:

Yssie, how sweet of you to think of me! It's been a rough year (almost a year), but I am still putting one foot in front of the other.

Ohh Call and the Okie cometh :bigsmile: (in a good way!!)

Almost a year... a testament to human strength if there ever was one! How are you? Did the property issues work out okay, and did you ever have that DBTY made?

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Talk about almost instant gratification! Og: Yay for doggedly moving through it. The shite will be over some day, and you WILL get through it all. Glad to see you occasionally posting. :wavey:

Okie_girl

Shiny_Rock

Yssie|1385055267|3560675 said:

Almost a year... a testament to human strength if there ever was one! How are you? Did the property issues work out okay, and did you ever have that DBTY made?

I'm okay....there are still some hard times, especially with the holidays and anniversary coming up. This has been a year of figuring things out. Each season seems to bring about different emotions, different routines, different chores that need to be taken care of. I'm still trying to figure out who I am now. I'm not the same person, that's for sure, but there are bits of the "old me" still in there.

Things worked out, for the most part. Sometimes you have to pick your battles, and it really wasn't worth it to me in the long run. I'm good with it.

I did have the dbty made! And I love it. Wear it every day. In fact, I don't think I've taken it off since I got it.

Minou, dogged determination is right. Thanks for the encouragement!

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Okie_girl|1385057586|3560694 said:
Yssie|1385055267|3560675 said:

I'm okay....there are still some hard times, especially with the holidays and anniversary coming up. This has been a year of figuring things out. Each season seems to bring about different emotions, different routines, different chores that need to be taken care of. I'm still trying to figure out who I am now. I'm not the same person, that's for sure, but there are bits of the "old me" still in there.

Things worked out, for the most part. Sometimes you have to pick your battles, and it really wasn't worth it to me in the long run. I'm good with it.

I did have the dbty made! And I love it. Wear it every day. In fact, I don't think I've taken it off since I got it.

Minou, dogged determination is right. Thanks for the encouragement!

I can't imagine that you're the same person you were five years ago, two years ago - and the holidays - I'm sorry :(sad I'm really glad to hear that you're figuring things out, persevering... I guess you wouldn't have been the same person no matter what roads your experiences had taken you down, really. I'm not sure what emotion to ascribe to that - a mix of gratification and hope?

... I'm rambling. My husband just sent me this pic and I thought it might make you smile ::) he titled it Love is never saying get off my hoodie

j_garrett.png

I'd love to see the finished DBTY if you'd like to share!

Okie_girl

Shiny_Rock

Yssie, that picture is adorable!

Here's a few crappy iphone pics of the dbty. The little charm says "love you always."

And look at the top left corner of the second picture....I had a helper!

_12113.jpg

_12114.jpg

_12115.jpg

dbty4.jpg

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

It turned out beautifully :love: The graduation worked out really well and the sentiment is, of course, just perfect ::)

And I see your helper! Goodness, none of my "helpers" would ever leave a chain alone long enough for me to photograph - I admire the restraint :bigsmile:

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

What happened to Kenny? :errrr: did you girls scare him away?... :bigsmile:

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Just a wild guess, but I'm thinking Kenny's on a bit of a break. I hope it's not too long though, because I miss him!

ETA Okie GIrl - it's nice to see you back. Your necklace is loving and lovely.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

HI:

I saw Haven respond to her ring thread the other day...otherwise nothing! You are missed!!

cheers--Sharon

smitcompton

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Hi DF,

Yes, i do think the "girls" chased him away. Kenny has always tried to show his support for women and their rights. He was blindsided by someone who accused him of a biased attitude toward women. IMO , Kennys believes he is a fair and just person, and I agree, and to be accused of this bias seemed to shake him up.

I am thinking of kenny, although he probably doesn't even know who I am. If you feel hurt, I am sorry. This forum is made up of many kinds of people, as you well know, and there are those who can see who you are. I know each day you will feel better, and hopefully you won't let some thoughtlessness keep you away from something you have been part of a long time.

I wish you well. Hope to read you soon.

Annette

crown1

Brilliant_Rock

smitcompton|1387299492|3576156 said:
Hi DF,

Yes, i do think the "girls" chased him away. Kenny has always tried to show his support for women and their rights. He was blindsided by someone who accused him of a biased attitude toward women. IMO , Kennys believes he is a fair and just person, and I agree, and to be accused of this bias seemed to shake him up.

I am thinking of kenny, although he probably doesn't even know who I am. If you feel hurt, I am sorry. This forum is made up of many kinds of people, as you well know, and there are those who can see who you are. I know each day you will feel better, and hopefully you won't let some thoughtlessness keep you away from something you have been part of a long time.

I wish you well. Hope to read you soon.

Annette

I do not always agree with kenny but he does have something to offer here. Although he does not respond to me, I read what he writes with interest, and would be sad to hear he was hurt by "girls". We all have our thoughts and others do not always agree, but I hope to not hurt others. That is often difficult. I miss the busy days when news and trends were in abundance here. I appreciate those who bring things of interest to the board.

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

canuk-gal|1387297184|3576119 said:
HI:

I saw Haven respond to her ring thread the other day...otherwise nothing! You are missed!!

cheers--Sharon

Yes! I saw that she was logged in very briefly and got excited hoping she would give us an update on her baby/life. Haven, you ARE missed. Hope to see you posting more again soon.

As for Kenny, I hope he is well and just enjoying a peaceful respite from PS, but that it doesn't last too long.

ruby59

Ideal_Rock

Add me to those wondering what happened to Kenny. Maybe I am thicker skinned, but I have never had a problem with any of his threads. Being one of a handful of males on Priscecope, I always saw them as his way of just fitting in and getting to know some of the women here. But I never thought any of his posts crossed the line or were sexist or nasty in any way.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

I hope Kenny comes back soon as he brings a very fresh and lively feel to PS with his open minded thinking. I am not quick to find insult or be offended by what others have to say, as I am more of the half full as opposed to the half empty frame of mind.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results