shape
carat
color
clarity

We put the dog down

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
Was thinking about what you said about getting another dog...you'll know when the time is right. It took me a good couple years before I was ready to get another tortoiseshell cat after we had to put Bella down. Up until then I felt like I would be trying to replace her, and that could never happen. So when I found myself looking at a certain cat at a shelter online over and over, I had to check into her...and we found out that she was brought into the shelter roundabout the same time we had put Bella down..and she'd been in the shelter that *whole* time...and I know she was waiting for me. Not to replace Bella, even tho they're both Torties, but to help me remember her.

Our pitbull Sadie passed away 5 years ago, and it's just w/in the last couple months I've been able to seriously think about getting another..again, b/c I always felt like we'd be trying to replace her. You won't replace that love, but you'll remember it, and when you're ready to love another again, you'll be honoring Louie with that love.

lulu

Ideal_Rock
Thanks, Packrat.

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Louie was so lucky that he had a family that loved him so much. You blessed his life as much as he blessed yours and that is the best gift of all. Big hugs.

lulu

Ideal_Rock
Thanks, luv, we were lucky to have him too.

JaneSmith

Brilliant_Rock
I'm so sorry. :blackeye: It's so sad to lose a pet. I still miss my awesome cat from time to time, twenty years later.

LaraOnline

Ideal_Rock
I'm so very sorry lulu.

JewelFreak

Ideal_Rock
Oh Lulu, my heart aches for you. It's the hardest hardest thing. You gave him an extra gift by letting him avoid the last bit & I'm sure he knows that. I lost my best buddy Buck a yr & a half ago & I can't say I miss him less today -- but I also feel him next to me so strongly, so often. If you empty your mind & open yourself, you can tell he's there, full of love for you. The time will come when you are more grateful to have known him (& been able to give him a lovely life) than you are sad to have said goodbye. You haven't lost him because he's still in your heart -- and love, once created, is the only thing that can never ever ever be destroyed. It lives forever.

--- Laurie

artdecogirl

Brilliant_Rock
So sorry LuLu, sounds like he was a special one. hugs...

hlmr

Ideal_Rock
So sorry for your loss, Lulu. It is so hard to say goodbye to the ones we love, who bring us so much joy. Thank goodness we have the choice to help our four legged family members, by ending their suffering when we know the time is right.

dragonfly411

Ideal_Rock
I'm so sorry Lulu!

CJ2008

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm so sorry Lulu :blackeye:

lulu

Ideal_Rock
Thanks everyone for your condolences. They really lifted me up and got me through a bad night. JewelFreak,that was beautiful.

I don't want to get all spooky, but I have to tell you that as an older dog Lou freaked when the smoke detector low battery alarm went off. I'd have to put him in the car for awhile to get over it. The car was his safe place. Well, all last night I heard the sound of a smoke detector low battery alarm going off very very quietly. I walked around the house but couldn't find it and this morning there's nothing. I really think it was Louie telling me he's not scared anymore.

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Just another one logging on to say I'm thinking of you. You will love each other forever.

lulu

Ideal_Rock
Thanks, Bijoux.

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Aww, I'm so sorry lulu. Sending good thoughts to help mend your heart.

lulu

Ideal_Rock
Thank you, Laila.

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh lulu... I'm so sorry :(sad

Big ::HUGS:: to you and your DH. I wish I had the right things to say... Those who open their hearts and homes to animals know only too well that the more you love, the more it hurts to say goodbye - not that that helps. Laurie said it beautifully - you spared Louie pain and fear he wouldn't have understood and I'm sure he knows that, wherever he is.

Please take care of yourself.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Very sad....healing vibes across the miles....

kind regards, Sharon

JewelFreak

Ideal_Rock
lulu|1384271494|3555154 said:
Thanks everyone for your condolences. They really lifted me up and got me through a bad night. JewelFreak,that was beautiful.

I don't want to get all spooky, but I have to tell you that as an older dog Lou freaked when the smoke detector low battery alarm went off. I'd have to put him in the car for awhile to get over it. The car was his safe place. Well, all last night I heard the sound of a smoke detector low battery alarm going off very very quietly. I walked around the house but couldn't find it and this morning there's nothing. I really think it was Louie telling me he's not scared anymore.

Bet you're right, Lulu. The morning after my 1st Siberian died, I was woken up by her barking. I knew her bark language: this was her "I want to come in [from our dog play area] RIGHT NOW!" I staggered half asleep to the stairs, aghast that DH had left her out all night, before I remembered she wasn't there. But I'm certain she was. Louie sent you a message, what love.

--- Laurie

lulu

Ideal_Rock
Thanks Yssie, JF and Canuk. I really think he is around.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
My heart dog... Alj.. That just brings it home..

Lulu sending more hugs to you!!!

lulu

Ideal_Rock
Thanks, Kaleigh. Heart dog really describes it.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am so very sorry, Lulu. :((

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Lulu, so sorry. Always so hard when you lose a family member... Hugs to you.

lulu

Ideal_Rock
Thanks, diamondseeker and LLJ. Got through another night.

woofmama

Ideal_Rock
Sorry for your loss Lulu. Know in your heart that you chose the right time to let him go. Healing from a loss is a long road.
I lost my heart dog, Gus, 11-10. I still shed tears but it's become less painful and I think of our happy times everyday.
Deepest sympathies to you and your DH.

lulu

Ideal_Rock
So sorry for your loss, Woofmama. You'll be in my thoughts.

diamondringlover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am so sorry for your loss :(sad

lulu

Ideal_Rock
Thanks very much, diamondrnglover.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results