shape
carat
color
clarity

Korean alphabet

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
This is totally random, but I'm looking for a Korean alphabet that I could print out and use with my students. We're reading a story about someone from Korea, and I'd like my kids to practice writing their names (and other things, like animals, etc. if I can find some easy characters). I've already looked at a few Korean alphabet sites, but I'm missing a few letters for an alphabet cheat sheet I'm making (F, S, T, U, V, W, X, Y, Z). Can anyone help me out? Thanks in advance!

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
I should mention that I know not all letters in English are found in the Korean language. I guess I'm wondering what I should do for kids who have a W and a Y in their name.

armywife13

Ideal_Rock
Hmmmm....my hubby is stationed in South Korea right now. Let me see what he can get ahold of.

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thanks so much Armywife!

armywife13

Ideal_Rock
No problem. :bigsmile: I am messaging him right now, he said that those letters do not exist in the Korean alphabet. I am waiting to hear from him what they would do for children with W and Y in their names. I'll keep you posted!

jaysonsmom

Ideal_Rock
My husband is Korean, so I tried to learn to read Korean at one point. My understanding is that Korean is written phonetically,
So if your name is kaylee, you should not need to write 6 letters (as in english) it would be 2 sounds per character, and 2 "characters" k-ay and le-yi (put side by side). Something like that.....correct me if I'm wrong.

armywife13

Ideal_Rock
Ok so my husband talked to the
Korean soldiers he works with, they gave him a detailed explanation for the letters you listed. He will email it to me when he gets off of work and I will post it here. :)

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
jaysonsmom|1380751813|3531032 said:
My husband is Korean, so I tried to learn to read Korean at one point. My understanding is that Korean is written phonetically,
So if your name is kaylee, you should not need to write 6 letters (as in english) it would be 2 sounds per character, and 2 "characters" k-ay and le-yi (put side by side). Something like that.....correct me if I'm wrong.

I've read through a bunch of sites but I can't remember if the one you linked in your other post was one. Thanks! While in some ways it seems difficult to learn, it helps that Korean is written phonetically.

If I can learn more by next week, when I'm teaching the lessons, I'll practice the kids' names before having them do it. I may have them write all the letters in their name (or as many as possible). We'll see.

Thanks again, Jaysonsmom!

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
armywife13|1380754859|3531062 said:
Ok so my husband talked to the
Korean soldiers he works with, they gave him a detailed explanation for the letters you listed. He will email it to me when he gets off of work and I will post it here. :)

Wow, thanks armywife! Please thank your husband for me, too. :))

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results