shape
carat
color
clarity

JAMES ALLEN COMMON PRONG TEN ROUND (Plat) with 1.31ct RB

kb1gra

Brilliant_Rock
MaximusFS|1380423605|3529141 said:
The dog is a wonderful companion, but no he was not trained. This morning he was unwittingly dropped onto my new fiancé :)

Thanks to everyone for the kind words.

It's looking like we may need to return the ring for resizing. Barely clears her last joint but is very loose... We might try going down 0.25 sizes. (Of course she'd try it on at the store first...) Thoughts?

Get sizing beads instead of taking down the ring itself if she has larger knuckle joints.

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
Congratulations!!! :appl: :appl: :appl: that's a fantastic proposal story!!! You two are so sweet together - and you picked a pretty nice ring, too!!

Gorgeous sunrise shots - the lighting is perfect at that time and I've only caught a few sunrise's in my lifetime, but they really are 'events'! This one more so than any other day .... Wonderful!!

maxs.memo

Shiny_Rock
I have read those can be very uncomfortable.

maxs.memo

Shiny_Rock
Enerchi|1380474676|3529278 said:
Congratulations!!! :appl: :appl: :appl: that's a fantastic proposal story!!! You two are so sweet together - and you picked a pretty nice ring, too!!

Gorgeous sunrise shots - the lighting is perfect at that time and I've only caught a few sunrise's in my lifetime, but they really are 'events'! This one more so than any other day .... Wonderful!!

Thanks! I was very glad the weather held up. There was rain out to sea and north and south of us.

maxs.memo

Shiny_Rock
Can anyone with the sizing beads attest to their comfort and effectiveness?

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful proposal story. The ring is gorgeous!!!

And yes, I would also try sizing beads.

wsblue430

Brilliant_Rock
Beautiful proposal story and beautiful couple! and of course the ring is gorgeous!! ..you did so well! Im sure your fiance is super proud of you! All the best to you both! :appl: Congratulations!!

Daisyoz

Shiny_Rock
Such a beautiful proposal story! Beautiful couple! You two look similar to each other, they say, especially the Chinese, that make for a long lasting couple :)! Congratulations! By the way, the ring is absolutely gorgeous. I like how you chose the 6 prongs over the original 4 prong design by JA!

Rosebloom

Ideal_Rock
The ring is beautiful and you two look like such a cute couple!

I agree that I would try sizing beads before resizing since it is tight going over her knuckle.

maxs.memo

Shiny_Rock
So she can fit a 7.25 over her knuckle, and she knew this before I purchased but I guess she didn't appreciate how top-heavy a 1.3 carat diamond would be just by trying on the sizing bands in-store. Try downsizing to 7.25 or use beads or bridge? We tried one of those ring snuggies from wal-mart last night and it helped, but was extremely uncomfortable for her and nearly impossible to get the ring over her joint/knuckle.

Is there any way to know without trial and error?

Thanks in advance for your help...

maxs.memo

Shiny_Rock
We're having someone local place sizing beads, problem solved.

James Allen sent us this GREAT personalized announcement today. Check out the bling up close and personal!

http://www.jamesallen.com/sre16010790mp

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
So apart from it being a beautiful ring and a lovely sounding proposal (congrats, by the way), how was the little guy dropped on her if you were down on the beach?... :confused:

maxs.memo

Shiny_Rock
Dropped the pup, told her I thought me might have ticks. When I heard her feel the card on his harness, I grabbed my "go bag" and high tailed it ahead of her... She's was half asleep AND there was a living room of romantic distraction so I had plenty of time to get set up!

maxs.memo

Shiny_Rock
Just wanted to update the thread with how things have gone...

(1) Chelsea loved the ring how it first arrived, however 7.5 was too big and spun. As a stopgap measure, we added sizing beads.

(2) When Chelsea and I decided to get married sooner rather than later, we quickly realized that the 6 prong low set head would create problems. We troubleshooted with contoured bands and toyed with the idea of creating a custom band, but we came to the conclusion that it would look odd if worn alone, and due to bands spinning it would likely never sit flush anyway.

(3) We chose to have the six prong ring, beautiful as it was, changed to the default 4 prong setting. We also had it sized down to a 7 and had the sizing beads removed. It sits pretty flush with the matching JA wedding ring (453p) and looks incredibly beautiful.
***Just as another plug for James Allen -- they did all the modifications WITHOUT CHARGE at exactly 60 days from the purchase date. I'd call that standing by your return policy.***

Just wanted to wrap the thread up in a final way. We are getting married privately with the chaplain on the beach today :) We will have a big vow renewal/family wedding in 2015, but I am deploying with the military and wanted to get everything set up before I depart. Things have never been better. She's wearing a beautiful diamond ring of which we maximized the value thanks to PriceScope! I can't thank you all enough.

:wavey: ;)) :bigsmile: :appl:

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
Exciting!!! Good luck today Maximus---- happy wedding day and I hope it all goes smoothly. James Allen is definitely a great "stand up" business who has fantastic customer service - I'm glad you guys sorted out the best option for her ring. Please share a pic w us after the ceremony!

Not sure what the best salutation is for a deployment, but stay safe and alert and come home soon. Thank you for serving your country (and by default, helping to keep many other countries safe, too)

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Amazing from start to finish. Congrats I hope you both have an awesome day!!!!

motownmama

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy wedding day!!!! Please post a pic!

Mayk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congratulations!!!! All the best!!! Be safe... as you protect our freedoms!!!

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congratulations! Enjoy your wedding day and show us some pictures of it and the rings together when you get a chance!

Best wishes and loads of happiness to you both!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results