shape
carat
color
clarity

Help! Torn about whether to buy a vintage diamond ring

mas9801

Rough_Rock
Hi - looking for your help and advice!

I saw a beautiful vintage ring today featuring two old european cut diamonds, which I love. The ring was looked at by a jeweler who believes that one diamond is 1.41 carats and the other is 1.19 carats. I am thinking about buying the ring and having the stones reset into stud earrings. I don't have measurements for the stones, but the 1.19 carat diamond does look smaller to the eye.

Do you think I could have a jeweler figure out a setting that could make them look closer in size? Maybe a bezel setting? Would it be close enough that it wouldn't look odd on my ears??

I want to buy those diamonds - they are gorgeous!!

pandabee

Ideal_Rock
What is the mm measurement? OEC cuts are typically deeper than traditional MRB so it's possible the face up diameters of the stones may be close enough. Furthermore, if they are set as earrings you may not notice a size difference even if they were set in regular prong or martini settings as you will have a smiling face in between the two stones.

mas9801

Rough_Rock
I don't have the measurements at hand but I will get them. Thank you for weighing in!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results