shape
carat
color
clarity

Which of Leon's setting for my round 3.29 H VS2?

diamondnut

Brilliant_Rock
Hi everyone,

I haven't been here for a long time and it's nice to see some familiar people still here. Hi Phoenix! Been out of the game for a couple of years due to all sorts of life's happenings. Finally found my mojo and am ready to bling it up again.

So, this is my first mission...to reset my 3.29 H VS2 RB. Its original setting was Leon's channel setting solitaire which I love. I wore it for a couple of years and then came across a 4.17 H VS2 RB that I couldn't pass up on so I snapped it up and had it mounted in the exact same setting as the 3.29 since I love the setting so much and with the intention of selling the 3.29.

I've now decided to keep the 3.29 and will have Leon make it into a 3 stone ring with pear side stones. I love the look of it with a solid platinum band but I just came across one done with a ornate band and love it too and can't decide between the two.

So this is where I could use your help dear Pricescopers...which would you choose and why?

A) Solid band
http://www.artofplatinum.com/index.php/portfolio/three-stone/pear-round-three-stone-diamond-engagement-ring-detail

B) Ornate band
http://www.artofplatinum.com/index.php/portfolio/three-stone/three-stone-round-diamond-engagement-ring-detail

Thank you so much for your input!! Really appreciate it!!

diamondnut

Brilliant_Rock
I figured out how to insert the photos to make it easier for everyone. So here are the two options again...

A) Solid band
leon_solid.jpg

B) Ornate band
leon_ornate.jpg

Thanks again!

LaraOnline

Ideal_Rock
Hmm, you may just need to take some time to mull it all over, they are quite different looks.
I probably would plump for the first, plainer one, simply because I like to wear my rings every day without undue care.
The bead set is just slightly more high-maintenance. Also, I like the stones to do all the talking.

...but the other more detailed version is extremely pretty, with a slightly heritage look.
Let's face it, I'd take either!! Sorry not helping :cheeky:

do you see yourself as 'sleek and modern' or with a more embellished heritage-type style?

crown1

Brilliant_Rock
I would go for a the plain band. It makes the stones the star. Good luck!

Rosebloom

Ideal_Rock
I love the plain band. That is one of my all time favorite settings! It will be phenomenal.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love the plain band on that particular ring.

Mayk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
diamondseeker2006|1374410215|3487141 said:

+1 :appl:

Slickk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I, too, prefer the plain band for reasons stated above. Let the stone be the star of the show and the practicality of every day wear. Either will be beautiful though with that large of a stone. Lucky lady. Enjoy the process and welcome back to PS.

msop04

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Although both are gorgeous, I prefer the plain band as well -- it lets the stone be the star! :))

tuckie

Shiny_Rock
Premium
I prefer the plain band as well because it puts focus on the stones which will be just lovely.
But where are the pictures of your 4.17 leon, eh? :naughty:

yennyfire

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Mayk|1374411205|3487148 said:
diamondseeker2006|1374410215|3487141 said:

+1 :appl:

+2 (and I almost always go for the vintage inspired look!)

momhappy

Ideal_Rock
Another vote for the plain band. For me, the diamonds on the band are overkill and take away from the center stone.

Aoife

Brilliant_Rock
Both of these are beautiful, but the plain band has that subtle pinch right before the shank meets the mounting for the pear. It's a tiny design detail that to me is the ultimate in grace and class.

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
I'd pick the plain, solid band. I like the knife edge and it just looks cleaner, to my eye. It also makes the diamonds be the main focus.

What a wonderful dilemma!!

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Plain band, hands down, for me! I love the classic look of the plain band for this particular setting.

tweeter8177

Brilliant_Rock
I just recently upgraded to a 3 stone ring with pear side stones and a plain shank with a 3.25 ct center diamond (Mom2boys posted the link above). From my experience wearing it, it is rare that I can even see the shank since the proportions essentially cover the entire finger. So, I am not sure it is worth it to get the side paving. It is certainly a beautiful ring though! Out of curiosity, are you planning for this ring to be RHR or an alternative ER? Just wondering because I am still debating what to do with my old 2.3 ct diamond. :)

Can't wait to see what you decide!

marymm

Ideal_Rock
Premium
# 1 for sure.

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Plain band -- lets the diamonds be the stars.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I just love the elegance of that pinched shank and how it comes up to meet the pears. I love antique settings on other rings, but on this one, the plain setting is just the perfect design for the round with pears sides.

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The plain band for sure.

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Definitely the plain band - just like the other poster said, you probably wouldn't see much of the shank anyway so all of that would just go to waste.

The pinched shank is just exquisite - definitely gets my vote!

diamondnut

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you all so so very much!! It's unanimous!! Plain band it is!!

I likely would've EVENTUALLY reached that decision myself but thanks to all your help, you've taken the agonizing out of it! Nothing's better than being able to quickly reach a decision that you won't second guess!! So thank you all so very much again.

I left a photo of both rings on my screen this evening and every single time I walked by and glanced at it, it's always the plain band that strikes me. So as I'm trying to do in all other aspects of my life, I'm going to trust my gut!

lara, I actually fall into both camps. I have a soft spot for antique-ey pieces but I must admit for this particular 3-stone design, the plain band speaks to me more. If I already own an antique-ey piece, this would be a no-brainer plain band. Hmmm...guess I answered my own question there. I suppose I was trying to roll everything into this one ring. Bad idea!

tuckie, it's coming, it's coming :)

tweeter, thanks for your input. Your ring is STUNNING!! We have about the same finger size so your ring gives me a great idea of how it'll look on my finger and if it looks anywhere as amazing as yours, I'm completely sold! I haven't tried on a 3 stone with pears in real life so did have a smidge of doubt as to whether it'll look nice on my finger but after seeing yours, I now feel much more certain it's what I want. I was analyzing your ring and love the wider gallery and how there's slightly less metal right where the shank begins. Oh, and I think I will end up wearing it as an alternate ering only because I'm not use to wearing rings on my right hand since I do so much with it. How do RHR work anyway? Do people generally wear one IN ADDITION to their ering or in lieu of their ering? Just curious. And hmmm...what to do about your 2.3??? Depends on what you wear most? Rings? Earrings? Necklace? I don't usually wear necklaces so would shy away from using it for that purpose. I would love that size studs but of course that would require getting a matching one so may not be so feasible. So that leaves the ring option! How about a halo? Do those appeal to you? Or if you wear necklaces, a bezel set solitaire? That'll be sweet!

tweeter8177

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you for the compliments! I also went in a bit blind to the ring style. My original inspiration was a 5ct with 2 ct. pears and I only tried it on once, because it sold (something like 300K, maybe more)! I am glad my ring gives you a sense of what it would look like on you. I will be curious as to the size pears that Leon recommends. That was a hard decision for me! One thing I will mention is that my shank is a little softer than a knife shank, more rounded. I wanted the shank to be rounded for comfort purposes, not sure if that is something you want to consider.

As far as right hand rings...you hit it on the nose with your questions back! I do wear right hand rings all the time, but more cocktail style. Not sure if I can get away with a a nice size diamond on my right hand!?! That is why I asked... :lol: I think I will end up doing a RHR, just still trying to figure out a style that won't look like an engagement ring.

I am excited to hear more on your project! :D

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
Another plain band vote.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I know the decision has been made but it's the plain shank for me too; so classy and that pinched shank takes the cake. Easier to wear (no worries about melee damage) and how often will I see all those embellishments anyway?

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm late to this thread, but I'm so glad you picked the plain shank! Both are gorgeous but IMO Aoife described that pinch perfectly - a tiny design detail that to me is the ultimate in grace and class.

I don't think any other vendor does those pinched shanks quite like Leon :love: :sun:

diamondnut

Brilliant_Rock
Hi everyone,

I'm slowing but surely moving along with this re-set project. Got sidetracked a little with our move to a new home a few weeks ago.

So Perry at Leon's found a pair of pears for me. They're .80 ctw. They look pretty OK but don't seem to be perrrrfect. They seem to be a smudge long and narrow. But I'm wondering if it might be the angle they're being photographed at...the fact they're flat now and will be at an angle after being mounted so might look different then.

The look I'm trying to achieve is tweeter and thimp's rings. Their pears seem a bit shorter and fatter on the rounded end, no? Or again, is it just the angle after being mounting that makes it appear that way. So hard to tell!

Here are the respective links.

[URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/my-erd-steven-kirsch-3-stone-ring-with-pear-side-stones.189157/']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/my-erd-steven-kirsch-3-stone-ring-with-pear-side-stones.189157/[/URL]

[URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/my-leon-mege-three-stone-reset.144489/']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/my-leon-mege-three-stone-reset.144489/[/URL]

Any thoughts would be much appreciated! Tweeter, do you happen to have a photo of your stones together BEFORE then were mounted? Thanks!!!

diamondnut

Brilliant_Rock
Whoops, forgot to upload photo of the stones...

eileen_layout.jpg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results