shape
carat
color
clarity

Shady deal?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Chrisoc

Rough_Rock
I had been shopping for several months when I found what I think was a really good deal. I purchased an EGL certified princess cut stone, 2.16ct H color IS2. There are 2 spots visible with the naked eye, but the person for whom the diamond was for was much more concerned with how the ring would look when she walked down the street as opposed to someone looking at it closely. I paid $7K for the stone.

I also purchased 4 .3ct princess stones, G color SI1-SI2 for $1,100.

Can anyone help an amateur!

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Is the woman wearing this diamond happy with this stone? Is the stone beautiful? If the answer to both is yes, then there is nothing to worry about.

Seven grand for the size & quality of diamond you purchased is a much lower price than any vendor would charge you. So, in this respect, you got a good deal. But, having two visable inclusions isn''t the most desirable trait and explains the lower price.

Do you have the diamond''s dimensions? Providing these can better determine if your diamond is well cut or not.

Oh, and what exactly is your goal here? Are you looking for reassurance or are you thinking of returning this stone?

Chrisoc

Rough_Rock
The stone is beautiful and the ring looks perfect on her. I was actually thinking of replacing the stone for her birthday and wanted to get a stone that did not have any blemishes visible to the naked eye. My fiance is perfect and I wanted her to have the perfect stone. The only reason I ask about the price I paid is because I want to know if I am going to lose a ton of money if we decide to sell the stone. I will get the measurements later tonite.

diamondsbylauren

Brilliant_Rock
Hi-
As was already pointed out- if she loves the diamond, end of story.
But if you''d like to examine this a little closer here''s what I would say:
1) SI2, when graded by GIA may contain spots visible to the naked eye.
But if a diamond has enough imperfection, GIA will give it I1- causing a huge loss in value.
If you can see spots in the stone it does not mean that it can''t be an SI2
2) If it truly was a diamond ( 2 carat well cut princess) which GIA would grade H/SI2, you ain''t buying it for 7G''s
3) likely the diamond carries an EGL report because GIA either gave the diamond I1, or the seller fears they would give I1- or It mioght be an I color by GIA standards

SO- It''s probable that you got a good deal on a diamond worth 7K- but if you try to sell the diamond, you might find out that it''s not the color and clarity promised

Chrisoc

Rough_Rock
Thanks for all of your help so far. I think I will replace the stone and make a pendant out of the original. It does have the sentimental value, which what holds the real value for me.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results