shape
carat
color
clarity

Asscher simulant?!? Help please!!! You''''''''re the experts!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

joey122

Rough_Rock
Okay...so I know that a diamond is a diamond and its rarity is what makes it so. But I have had my heart set on a 2ct. Asscher ever since I''''ve dreamed about my engagment ring. My boyfriend and I even went to the only dealer in our area that sells them and I tried on the Daniel K. "Union Square" 2ct. Asscher in the pave set split shank.
3.gif
The problem is, I can still probably only dream about it. We don''''t possibly have the funds for any real 2ct. Asscher right now, but we know we will in the future. It is the only stone that I want (stubborn woman) and I can''''t see us wasting money on an "alternate real diamond" in the meantime. I''''d, honestly, rather have the best copy of it, mount it in platinum at a local jeweler, not tell anyone (my friends have never even seen an Asscher or heard of it...but I know they are best known for their depth and not brilliance anyway), and replace it with a real one later. (Later being in the 2 year range.) I''''d even keep replacing it until then, if I had to. I''''ve looked at moissanites, but they don''''t make asschers or emeralds...when I called they said when they tried to cut them dark spots appeared. Don''''t hate me, but what about Ashas, or the ones here at www.sonadiamond.com, or the russian created ones? I know it''''s hard to get any faux stones to look real in a 2ct., but what''''s my best bet? Could a lay person tell? Thanks soooo much!

By the way, the info for the ones on sonadiamond.com is copied below, what do you think?:

GAI Lab Report

Guide Appraisal Institute
Natural Carbon Crystals (Diamond) infused with Natural Corundum, Zircon, and Lead Crystal, Yttrium,Nobium, and Hydrogen.

Chem. Compound AI203

Dispersion (CF) 0.018

Density 4.0

Hardness range 8.3 to 9.1

Specific Gravity 3.99

Corundum Refractive index before Diamond Compound is added 1.76-1.77

Refractive Index after treatments 2.32

Single Refraction (No doubling effect)

Very close to Natural Diamond 2.42

Raw Material is created under extreme heat and pressure for a period of time, then cut like a Diamond.

Kamuelamom

Brilliant_Rock
Sim diamonds are rarely discussed here. There are plenty of sites which discuss them in great detail. Why not check some of those out? You'd probably get better results in getting your questions answered. Or contact Wink Jones who also posts here.

Good luck.

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
In two years CZ will wear out a bit. Asha ? I don't know. They do look closer to the real thing though due to high surface reflection. Moisanite will most likely show it's double refraction cut with those large step facets - no wonder there aren't any.

Around here Wink (at freecz.com) is the sim master
9.gif
If anyone is, those CZs are nicely cut. The "russian diamond" stuff is still CZ, just don't know much about their cut.

Any such thing in a fine mounting should do the trick, I'd say. Are you planning to keep the same setting for the "upgrade" ?

The DK settings are quite fine. If you really liked the details, I would think Art of Platinum can at least match the quality (if not do better). And... NiceIce lists some DK settings - the Union Square model is not on their site, but others are and it may be feasible to obtain the one you want as well.

Hope some of this helps
35.gif

Anyway, I would much rather walk around town with a CZ in a setting like these than a diamond set in a wire wrap
11.gif
Well, that's just me, of course.

tanuki

Shiny_Rock
I looked at the "sonadiamond" website.

I questioned how they can sell a simulated diamond of this size (2 carats) so cheaply when the other sites with the non CZ sims (the true lab created diamonds) hardly ever offer a stone much larger than a carat (because the process isn't to the point of doing well in producing larger stones) and they charge thousands of dollars for what sonadiamond is selling for $200.

Five Carat Rounds? - Get out of here. No way.

And what is the Guide Appraisal Institute? That looks like you are supposed to think it's something else with similar initials.

The price range is similar to what most websites charge for CZ jewelry. I'd be willing to bet that's what you'd get.

If if looks too good to be true- it probably is.

icelady

Brilliant_Rock
Hi Joey,

Just wanted to give you my .02!! When I was trying to check out different stone sizes I ordered several of Wink Jones'' simulated diamonds. I was extremely pleased with how they look. Very nicely cut and very sparkly and firey! I think you should be able to get a couple of years wear out of a simulated diamond.

I like your idea of getting the setting you really want and using a sim until you can get the diamond. Good luck!!
2.gif

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
I for one think it''s a great idea. You obviously know what you want and so why not a cz until you can afford the real thing. Definetly check out Wink Jones, he is the master of cz''s. www.freecz.com I like the idea of you getting the setting now and then later on putting in the real deal. Good luck to you and let us know what you decide.
2.gif

joey122

Rough_Rock
Thank you so much everyone for your feedback! I will take all of your advice and shop accordingly! Keep me posted, no pun intended. You''re the best!
35.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results