shape
carat
color
clarity

Antique Jewelry appraiser needed

irinaalexandrovna

Rough_Rock
Any help in finding a reputable appraiser of Russian antique jewelry (preferably within MA/NH driving distance; if not then CT/NY are also considered) is highly appreciated.
Thanks!

SB621

Ideal_Rock
David Atlas would be the main one that pops into my mind. Under resources go to appraiser and a list of people will pop up by state. Then you can look at their specialites.

irinaalexandrovna

Rough_Rock
Thanks so much! I guess Jeff Averbook from Medford MA is the right contact. Thanks again!

IE_Princess

Shiny_Rock
I'm all the way on the west coast and I use David Atlas. Reasonably priced, fast, and he knows his stuff! He's fantastic to work with.

irinaalexandrovna

Rough_Rock
Do you send your items to him by mail? He is near Philadelphia, right? How do you communicate?
Thanks!

SB621

Ideal_Rock
I just email using the contact information off his website.

IE_Princess

Shiny_Rock
Communicate via email, send items via USPS or FedEx. I wanted mine done quickly so he issued docs so I could send it FedEx and then he returned it USPS. Shipped Monday, would have been back Wednesday if the USPS hadn't misplaced the package for a day. David is so awesome he pursued the refund for missing the overnight guarantee and sent it to me.

I let him know ahead of time the number and type of items I was sending in and he gave me an estimate based on the amount of time it would take, which to me was very reasonable.

irinaalexandrovna

Rough_Rock
Today I had an appointment with Jeff Averbook at his Medford office, MA. Recently I bought some quite expensive antique jewelry and was looking for a professional consultation to confirm or dispel my doubts. I found Jeff’s name on Pricescope (the source of information I always trust). In my case I needed rather a professional advice than a formally written appraisal. Jeff was very personable and honest with me and gave me straight answers. I am vey grateful to him for taking the time to understand my motivations - he made some outstanding recommendations which helped me to make the right decision. By the time I left his office I felt as we were good friends. Thank you, Jeff, I have never met a more honest, professional jewelry appraiser before!!!

maga

Rough_Rock
Irina, How very nice, that you shared with us! By the way did you ask his advice about the ring, you purchased from Romanov Russia site, that was in your thread? Is it authentic? Belive it or not:) I was also considering this ring, but the fact it had no kokshnik mark- brought kind of second thought into play)))

irinaalexandrovna

Rough_Rock
Yes, it is about that ring. It must be authentic. "Kokoshnik" mark does not have to be present: I saw an excerpt from the jewelry book of that period with the only maker's initials. The only questionable things are the prongs: the stones are set loose. This fact worries me the most even though I am not planning to wear it every day. The ring is so delicate and fragile, that I am not sure it is repairable. I guess most of the time I will be enjoying it in the box :read:

P.S. Interesting, when I bought this ring, the seller said that at the same time another Russian woman had requested it, but too late :wavey:

maga

Rough_Rock
Congratulations!!! Let this tresure bring luck to you and your family members!

Irina, I am not that woman- I am not from Russia)))

irinaalexandrovna

Rough_Rock
maga|1374326511|3486684 said:
Irina, I am not that woman- I am not from Russia)))
I know :wavey:

But for some reason I feel like we are friends :appl:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results