shape
carat
color
clarity

Are these Earrings-Antique or Vintage or No?

ZestfullyBling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Everyone,
Can I pick your brains?
I was bored and surfing and came across these earrings. I know my taste in jewelry is changing, cause im a very intrigued by these, but im not sure what this pair of earrings would be called; modern, vintage, antique or 2013 design or anything?
I would like your opinions and thoughts, whether this design resembles any particular era or not. i know they are 14k wg.
Please share your thoughts with me...

here's the utube of the earrings:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HYVNPQfva1g&feature=em-share_video_user

_7627.jpg

_7629.jpg

Hera

Ideal_Rock
These earring resemble the Edwardian Era with its lacy filagree. I think I would still have some questions regarding whether they were true vintage because the milgrain is a little thick but that could be because it's a magnified image. Also, platinum would have been more expected at this time period but other alloys are not terribly uncommon. A closeup of the diamond faceting of the stones would shed a little more light. If they are omcs, then I think the piece is authentic.

Here's an example of what I mean when I talk about the milgrain and the laciness is very fine and delicate.

http://www.langantiques.com/products/item/20-1-4980

Circe

Ideal_Rock
Trade
I'd say modern reproductions in the style of the Edwardian era. The findings are definitely modern, the loop at the top of the earring proper wouldn't have flown back then, and as Hera said, the milgrain looks a little bigger than was typical back in the day. All that said, they're very pretty earrings, and for the right price, I would definitely be tempted!

ZestfullyBling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
heraanderson|1372461696|3474023 said:
These earring resemble the Edwardian Era with its lacy filagree. I think I would still have some questions regarding whether they were true vintage because the milgrain is a little thick but that could be because it's a magnified image. Also, platinum would have been more expected at this time period but other alloys are not terribly uncommon. A closeup of the diamond faceting of the stones would shed a little more light. If they are omcs, then I think the piece is authentic.

Here's an example of what I mean when I talk about the milgrain and the laciness is very fine and delicate.

Thank you for your expertise. I understand your meaning of chunky milgrain after looking at the earrings on langantiques.com. The detailing on those earrings is so intricate. I love those too!!! I must be partial to the lacy filagree, I absolutely adore that design. I don't know if the diamonds are omcs or not. I needed an overall opinions and thoughts to broaden my knowledge. Thank you so much!! :))

ZestfullyBling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Circe|1372474464|3474114 said:
I'd say modern reproductions in the style of the Edwardian era. The findings are definitely modern, the loop at the top of the earring proper wouldn't have flown back then, and as Hera said, the milgrain looks a little bigger than was typical back in the day. All that said, they're very pretty earrings, and for the right price, I would definitely be tempted!

Thanks Circe for your input, I could see them being a modern replication/duplication of the Edwardian era. Thats actually cool. They really caught my. They were the right price and I was tempted. ;))

Hera

Ideal_Rock
ZestfullyBling|1372475141|3474119 said:
heraanderson|1372461696|3474023 said:

Thank you for your expertise. I understand your meaning of chunky milgrain after looking at the earrings on langantiques.com. The detailing on those earrings is so intricate. I love those too!!! I must be partial to the lacy filagree, I absolutely adore that design. I don't know if the diamonds are omcs or not. I needed an overall opinions and thoughts to broaden my knowledge. Thank you so much!! :))

If I look really close, I can almost see arrows in the bottom right hand stone. That wouldn't be present in this era jewelry. You could always have them looked at by an estate jeweler to be sure.

Btw, I love Edwardian jewelry, too. They are so lovely but pricing usually reflects that :/

anne_h

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
These look like reproductions to me. Something about the milgraining. Also, the leverbacks themselves look 'modern' to me somehow.

Anne

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results