shape
carat
color
clarity

I know you all don't like morganite but...

hathalove

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I found this ring and really loved it. Curious what the colored stone pros think! It's a morganite in 14k rose gold bezel with hammered shank. Thoughts? The designer has all sorts of stones, sapphires and tourmalines but I loved all this rosey business this particular ring had going on. It's not terribly expensive but I am curious if you think the stone is decent.

The pics are not the greatest I was rushing but will probably go back tomorrow at some point for real stats.

Help!

_7848.jpg

_7849.jpg

_7850.jpg

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The ring is lovely on you! I love rose gold and the stone and the gold look great with your skin tone. Enjoy it!

JewelFreak

Ideal_Rock
I think it's really pretty too. I love rose gold & I also like morganites a lot. The bezel gives the stone some protection, but still wear it with care since it's beryl. That ring should go with anything else you wear -- super!

--- Laurie

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Stone wise, it looks all right, not horrible but also not very strongly coloured, sort of a middle ground. It sounds like the colour appeals to you, which is what coloured stones is all about. The bezel looks very well done, even and smooth all the way around. All in all, I'd say you did well.

hathalove

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
You three are amazing!!! I lurk here often and always have questions but for some reason never post. I tried to by a colored stone ring a long time ago and just got so overwhelmed I quit. Lol. Actually wasn't funny at the time. Anyway something grabbed me with this. I had a feeling the stone was just okay but I think I am okay with that. It's really beautiful in person and I think I need to give myself a break from diamonds and my random freakouts on if my diamonds are shrinking. I love bezels too and thought this bezel was perfect. Not all the bezels were. Some were a bit wonky. Which I think the artist likes. Earthy feeling. Just had to run it by you all because I wouldn't want people to think I bought it from the candy store or out of a bubblegum machine. It's not super expensive but a pretty penny comp to what I see the artisans on Esty asking for.

And Chrono thank you for saying that me liking the color is what colored stones are all about. That's good advice and something I need to remember always!

hathalove

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Btw. I didn't buy it yet but walked away yesterday to make sure I would still be thinking about it. It's 6am here and I am so I wil go back today to try it and then buy it:). Especially with the thumbs up from the CS forum!

Rosebloom

Ideal_Rock
I love how it looks on your hand - so glad you're going to snatch it up!

Rosebloom

Ideal_Rock
And how pretty would it look with a delicate white diamond eternity? Yummy.

peacechick

Brilliant_Rock
I like morganite and I have a few rings. Just be sure you don't over pay for what should be an affordable ring. I'm just concerned as you suggest it costs a lot more than the ones on etsy, Use ice.com, overstock or QVC as a guide for base pricing (i say this as they are thin rings with treated stones). Your ring is a substantial looking 14k and the stone appears to be quite large, so take those into account. Also find out if the morganite is untreated, that changes value too.

chloeishere

Shiny_Rock
I think it's very pretty!

I think many people here see the appeal of morganite (it's not very saturated, and not very "sparkly", but it definitely has a very appealing presence, in my opinion), but most people coming on colored stones are looking for a colored stone engagement ring, and morganite is beautiful but not very durable-- so we want to caution people about that first, so they don't wear it in rough situations/ 24/7 and come back in 6 months with a ruined stone. ;(

I think it's lovely, and I love morganite with rose gold. :D

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
hathalove|1373374936|3479565 said:
It's not super expensive but a pretty penny comp to what I see the artisans on Esty asking for.

Morganite isn't and should not be expensive. I understand that you probably don't feel comfortable sharing the price of the ring as I feel the same way but given your statement above, I would evaluate as to whether you feel the ring is worth it to you. A sample pricing guide for morganite and you can add the cost of the setting to get an approximation.
http://www.ajsgem.com/morganite-gemstone-beryl-2046340424.html

hathalove

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I will be wearing it like an ering but I have a diamond ering that is "my ering". This is for change and freedom and to express a more balanced me. Hopefully you understand what I'm getting at. I didn't feel comfortable at first because of the person who created the ring. Wasn't sure it is politically right but then I won't name the maker. It's approx $600. Is that fair you think? Btw. I live in LA area. This is from a boutique in an umscale area of the westiside and I am sure some of that is built into the price. But it does have heft and weight it is not a flimsy setting.

hathalove

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I am notorious for using "sayings" in an incorrect way. Lol. Just to clarify I was saying that the price was comparable to other etsy finds and not that expensive but now that I have said the price you pros tell me if it is still worth it. I think it's beautiful and know I will wear it. I just do really hate paying more than I should. So I appreciate the guidance!

hathalove

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I mean a pretty penny doesn't cost that much;-)

chloeishere

Shiny_Rock
The price seems reasonable (accounting for the things you stated) to me!

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh, I took it to mean you thought it expensive compared to other Etsy vendors. $600 is very reasonable given the cost of the gold and quality of workmanship.

peacechick

Brilliant_Rock
hathalove|1373390145|3479734 said:
I am notorious for using "sayings" in an incorrect way. Lol. Just to clarify I was saying that the price was comparable to other etsy finds and not that expensive but now that I have said the price you pros tell me if it is still worth it. I think it's beautiful and know I will wear it. I just do really hate paying more than I should. So I appreciate the guidance!

Lol, yeah "a pretty penny" is one of those ironic English idioms, isn't it? Now we've cleared it up and you find it reasonable, enjoy the ring and wear it lots!

hathalove

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Chrono|1373393131|3479762 said:
Oh, I took it to mean you thought it expensive compared to other Etsy vendors. $600 is very reasonable given the cost of the gold and quality of workmanship.

Thanks Chrono, Chloeishere and Peacechick! Really this helped me a bunch. I went back and picked it up. I love it. It doesn't have to be perfect and definitely does not need to be a forever ring. Just a beauty to appreciate as long as I possibly can. I am loving the rose gold. I have always worn white metals all of my life and for some reason have felt the need to move into color both yellow and rose. I need the warmth right now! Just hope this isn't replacing one road for another lol!

hathalove

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Rosebloom|1373377126|3479587 said:
I love how it looks on your hand - so glad you're going to snatch it up!

And thank you Rosebloom for chiming in! I have always appreciated your help on RT and SMTB :D

MollyMalone

Ideal_Rock
Premium
YAY! I happen to like hammered shanks, rose gold, and morganite of that hue. But more importantly, the nicely handcrafted ring looked so lovely on your hand in the pre-purchase pics & you were able to get it for what seems to be a very fair price. So I've been hoping to see more photos now that the ring is yours.

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
Weeeee!!! I'm so glad you got it! I thought it was a real beauty when you posted the pics and IMO, ANYTHING in RG looks so perfect on you, so why not snap it up?? (esp since you got the thumbs up from some of the CS celebs! ;)) )

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

I love morganite. And your ring is very stylish--wear it in health!

cheers--Sharon

alice87

Shiny_Rock
peacechick|1373387657|3479704 said:
I like morganite and I have a few rings. Just be sure you don't over pay for what should be an affordable ring. I'm just concerned as you suggest it costs a lot more than the ones on etsy, Use ice.com, overstock or QVC as a guide for base pricing (i say this as they are thin rings with treated stones). Your ring is a substantial looking 14k and the stone appears to be quite large, so take those into account. Also find out if the morganite is untreated, that changes value too.
I saw TSV special coming for morganite ring with 5 easy payment for total of $799. :naughty:

alice87

Shiny_Rock
I like morganite, don't have any yet. When I was looking at gemfair, the price was 9 dollars per carat for heavily included morganite of different cuts. And the seller was willing to go down in price. They are pretty large stones too. The biggest price I guess would be the setting, not the stone, if you don't go for the top one's in 3K range. It is a cute rings, and cute stacking rings on your hand.

Shushinator

Rough_Rock
LOVE it! Ive been wanting a morganite ring in rose gold for a while. Yours is fab :appl:

alice87

Shiny_Rock
I saw morganite rings at Ben Bridge under 500 dollars.

gsellis

Shiny_Rock
Trade
I need to correct something. Next time you post "I Know You All Don't Like Morganite But...", it really should have been "I Know Y'all (excepting George) Don't Like Morganite But..." That is the correct way to say it.

:D

pregcurious

Ideal_Rock
I love that look!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hathalove, I love this ring-it's gorgeous! :love: Rose gold with morganite is beautiful IMO and I hope you will share handshots of you wearing this ring soon!

hathalove

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Thanks everyone! I have been enjoying my new ring for sure:) I ended up having it sized for my right hand but still occasionally wear it on the left. I did take a couple of pics today for Missy and a few others that asked for more hand shots. They aren't the greatest. I think the light was going the opposite direction and the reason for all the rays. Plus I was in a moving car! Lol. I'm sure these are all going to be huge so apologizing in advance :confused:

_9101.jpg

_9102.jpg

_9103.jpg

_9104.jpg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results