shape
carat
color
clarity

Opinion on this timeless treasure

maga

Rough_Rock
Hi, all. Please help me with my detective investigation))) I was so attracted to this bracelet that couldn't even think of its origin. Although for me it is undoubtedly English, I wish I knew your opinion on this.
1. Is it English?
2. Who (country) used A-18 as a 18K gold standard? (tested many times-keeps 18K)?
3. Who (designer/jeweller) stands behind the Hallmark I-E?
Please, advise)))

braslet.jpg

maga

Rough_Rock
pics

_7883.jpg

maga

Rough_Rock
pics

dsc05639.jpg

maga

Rough_Rock
pics

dsc05640.jpg

maga

Rough_Rock
pics

dsc05641.jpg

Circe

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Hm, interesting! The rich yellow and the peacock design make me think of Indian jewelry, and the style if the clasp and chain make me think 40s. But I believe Indian jewelers generally prefer even higher karat gold. Only a guess, but Anglo Indian, maybe? I'm away from my reference books, but hopefully someone who knows hallmarks will chime in ....

maga

Rough_Rock
Hi Circe, thanx for your interest. Don't you think it looks like Victorian tassel bracelet with the fox tails? Have you ever seen 18K gold pieces stampped A 18? (Like some Hermes pcs stampped Au 18)?

Circe

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Hermes uses the periodic table of elements as a base for their hall marking system? That's awesome! I didn't know that. :)

You're right about it having a Victorian air to it ... hard to say without figuring out the hallmarks, though. If it were straight-up British, the hallmarks would be a lot more detailed, I think. I'll check my books when I get home ....

irinaalexandrovna

Rough_Rock
Beautiful bracelet on a beautiful hand :appl:

maga

Rough_Rock
Circe, to be more accurate, Hermes marked some pcs. Au 750 (Honestly, I was trying to find the answer to this in the Hermes related sites, but couldn't.)
I'll be waiting for your info. Thank you for your time and trouble.

Irina, How very kind of you!!!)))

Hera

Ideal_Rock
I don't know about the country of origins etc but I think the design is around the Retro Era. During this time, platinum became scarce and gold was favored because of the war. If you look at this page from Lang's, you'll see the honeycomb bracelet that was fashioned after a Victorian bracelet. Its design reminds me of your bracelet. Also, the fanning detail reminds me more of the retro period and slightly beyond.

http://www.langantiques.com/pages/decorative_periods/retro-period

maga

Rough_Rock
Hi, heraanderson. You must be right- VcA bracelet is very-very close! Thanx for this Lang site. Have you ever tried their appraisal service? What if I ask them to attribute my bracelet, or this service suppose selling it as well? :)

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results