shape
carat
color
clarity

Wanting but Waiting...

gem_anemone

Brilliant_Rock
FancyPantsSparkles|1368726078|3448319 said:
I am all for charting! I feel super confident that I know exactly what is going on with my body. The temp thing is SOOOO easy and just watching out for you CF is a piece of cake, so it isn't really 'work'. I haven't tried opks, but they seem super helpful. Woohoo for jumping on board!! :appl:
Yea so I've been doing charting for a couple of weeks now and I'm fairly condfident that I O'd so that's a relief. I'll find out for "sure" tomorrow morning, but I think it was on CD15. I'm using Fertility Friend. My temp pattern is right on and the CF pattern made sense. I did not use the OPKs. I figured I'll use those next month when we are actually trying. After being on HBC for 15 years I had no idea what to expect. I am definitely glad I got a grasp on it and that my cycle may not be so screwed up from the BC. I'm hoping for the same pattern next cycle because DH said we could TTC then right before our vacation. That way one week of the two week wait we will be at the beach, so it will be a great distraction :)

Sooooo I totally tried to take advantage of the O time and tried to get DH to not use protection but, he got scared and wanted to wait one more month lol!! This charting has turned me into a monster ;-)

StacylikesSparkles

Brilliant_Rock
gem_anemone|1370025630|3456946 said:
FancyPantsSparkles|1368726078|3448319 said:
I am all for charting! I feel super confident that I know exactly what is going on with my body. The temp thing is SOOOO easy and just watching out for you CF is a piece of cake, so it isn't really 'work'. I haven't tried opks, but they seem super helpful. Woohoo for jumping on board!! :appl:
Yea so I've been doing charting for a couple of weeks now and I'm fairly confident that I O'd so that's a relief. I'll find out for "sure" tomorrow morning, but I think it was on CD15. I'm using Fertility Friend. My temp pattern is right on and the CF pattern made sense. I did not use the OPKs. I figured I'll use those next month when we are actually trying. After being on HBC for 15 years I had no idea what to expect. I am definitely glad I got a grasp on it and that my cycle may not be so screwed up from the BC. I'm hoping for the same pattern next cycle because DH said we could TTC then right before our vacation. That way one week of the two week wait we will be at the beach, so it will be a great distraction :)

Sooooo I totally tried to take advantage of the O time and tried to get DH to not use protection but, he got scared and wanted to wait one more month lol!! This charting has turned me into a monster ;-)

I feel the same way, Gem! I'm so glad to hear that the charting is working for you. I found it fairly easy and I honestly felt super in-tune with my body, which was awesome. I didn't use any opks either and figure I will if I really feel it necessary. Yay for getting that hang of everything AND getting a nice two week wait at the beach...how perfect is that?! Good luck on that, Gem!!

lliang_chi

Ideal_Rock
Bumping this thread since Pancake and I were "chatting" a bit on the JBP thread about TTC etc. Just wanted to see how all you ladies were doing.

FPS I've been seeing you in other threads, so it seems like your baby fever is surging pretty strong. Did you get any resolution to the insurance issue?

Gem, how's charting going? I remember charting when I was first TTCing too. It was kind fun in a total science nerd kind of way. Not sure if I'll be able to do it now. Half the time Ethan wakes up @ 5 or 5:30AM cries for 5-10 mins and goes back to sleep. Of course I hear him crying and wake up. The other half the time I can wake up before he does. I'm so jealous of my husband who "can't hear him" and just sleeps through everything. Sigh!

AFM, nothing new to add. Still have Mirena, and will likely not get it removed until August/Sept when we actually start TTC. DH's parents are moving back to FL to tie up loose ends and will be moving back here *hopefully* by Spring of next year. So now that MIL's surgery stuff is all taken care of, it's nice to be able to focus on our lives again.

amc80

Ideal_Rock
lliang_chi|1371243783|3466012 said:
AFM, nothing new to add. Still have Mirena, and will likely not get it removed until August/Sept when we actually start TTC. DH's parents are moving back to FL to tie up loose ends and will be moving back here *hopefully* by Spring of next year. So now that MIL's surgery stuff is all taken care of, it's nice to be able to focus on our lives again.

We are still planning on starting in November. DH and I just decided to do a Vegas trip in September or so (you know, assuming we can find someone to watch B). We've both been several times but never together. And I want one more fun party weekend (which we never do) before I have to go 10 months without drinking. I'm starting to get excited about the little things- POAS, U/S, etc. Still not excited about the actual pregnancy, birth, or newborn stuff. B is a terror right now and I can't imagine having to wrangle him and a newborn. Although at least by the time #2 comes he'll be old enough to understand "no." Whether or not he actually follows it is a different story.

I'm still debating how much I want to track my cycles. I also love charting (because data is FUN) and using OPKs. But I think I might just go with EWCM timing.

megumic

Brilliant_Rock
Amc, I'm with you. Charting IS fun. We are also slating nov as go time. Would be funny if we both has babes at the same time again. In preparation I actually bought a pack of wondofos off amazon. Ooooops.

NewEnglandLady

Ideal_Rock
Okay, so I know I'm not WbW anymore, but still love this thread and obviously love you ladies. So I can't leave it alone.

LC, K also cries for a couple of minutes around 5 or 5:30 and (usually) goes back to sleep, but I can't because then I start thinking about how I need to get up soon and then I start thinking about my work load and then I get anxious and that's the end of any rest. Are you and J going to any open houses this summer? Still thinking of moving before the next one (though obviously that can happen after you get pregnant).

amc, I just read your crib escape thread and it sounds like you have a real monkey on your hands. I absolutely, 150% understand the "how can I do this with 2" mentality. And I had a super easy newborn (like that's going to happen again). Enjoy the summer, enjoy your trip to Vegas and then you can focus on the "next" thing. And I don't think you'll have any issues knowing when you O even if you're not tracking. I didn't use OPKs this month because I wanted to think I could be "relaxed" about TTC, but I still knew when I was ovulating. Yet, I still missed peeing on the darned sticks. So I say just go with whatever method works for you!

ETA: see, meg is another charting nerd :) Well, BBT charting is impossible when you have an infant/toddler, but OPKs and monitoring O clues are easy enough.

StacylikesSparkles

Brilliant_Rock
Hey LC, thanks for checking up! :) I HAVE been all over the place! I am trying to get as educated as I can (count me in as another who thinks that charting is fun) to make sure that we we have our BFP, we are as prepared as possible. I think I've talked DH into the cloth diaper option for us, so now I'm just trying to figure out the best ones to start with. DH is also very open to chatting about babies and such, which is a nice thing and basically we have just been enjoying the heck out of each other. Also, were continuing to work on house stuff and get a few things under control in the hopes that when baby comes, we have most of the stuff we need in order.

On the job front; well, a few different things played out and my situation there has changed A LOT!! I tried to go part time for a few reasons, but a resolution was not able to be reached. As of Friday, I had my last day at the company I worked for. While that seems a little scary at the moment, it's a positive for us and while I wasn't looking, I've had a few different offers already come my way, which makes me pretty happy. The good news about this is that whichever direction I choose, I'll have different insurance and will make sure maternity is covered! I'm actually looking forward to taking all of next week off to do house stuff and run errands and then I'll probably start making some decisions about working again. We can afford me to stay home and the hubs was SUPER supportive about work and going to part- time or quitting (since we couldn't work out the part time option), so that is where we are at the moment. LOTS of changes happening my way though and I'm really excited about them!

lliang_chi

Ideal_Rock
AMC, Vegas would be a great "Last Hurrah" trip before you start TTC again. I've found that I just can't drink as much as I used to pre-baby. I guess my liver is happy about that. There are definitely things I'm looking forward to again (BFing would be my addition to your list), and DEFINITELY things I'm not. And add me to the "not sure how newborn care + wrangling a toddler" list. But I figure DH will be responsible for the toddler and I'll be on newborn duty.

FPS, wow, sounds like you've been quite the busy bee! So glad things are working out well for you for work, and that you've been cracking on the house stuff. Sounds like your DH is starting to trust you to do some home reno stuff yourself?

Meg, Totally a charting nerd too. It totally felt like a 7th grade science project to me, so I was having so much fun with it. I'm pretty sure that charting would be a bust for me, so maybe I'll try that Ov-watch or something.

NEL, not sure if we'll do any open houses etc this summer. I don't think so. DH might want to wait on that and start in Sept. He's weird and has gates on his thinking. Like X must happen first before he can think about Y. We've been looking @ independent living facilities in the suburbs and DH said he liked the one the visited today. So now I'll add that to my house/neighborhood research list. In my heart of hearts, I still want to stay in the Chicago Public School system, but I'm willing to check out some of the suburban school districts.

gem_anemone

Brilliant_Rock
lliang_chi|1371243783|3466012 said:
Gem, how's charting going? I remember charting when I was first TTCing too. It was kind fun in a total science nerd kind of way. Not sure if I'll be able to do it now. Half the time Ethan wakes up @ 5 or 5:30AM cries for 5-10 mins and goes back to sleep. Of course I hear him crying and wake up. The other half the time I can wake up before he does. I'm so jealous of my husband who "can't hear him" and just sleeps through everything. Sigh!

I believe everything is going normal with charting. I think that my first cycle off of BCP was 30 days with my O on CD15. I got AF and now I'm taking temps for the next cycle. I don't even have a toddler to deal with and I think it's somewhat impossible to take the temp at the same time every day! Sometimes I wake up and roll over a few times and fall back asleep. Some times I wake up before my alarm and on weekends I tend to sleep in a little. I just try to take it when I wake up the first time 6AM or later. My temperature fluctuated a lot between my highest and lowest temp, but the day I O'd I was like 96.8 and three days later I was 98.9. Not sure if any of you know if this is normal or not. I thought it may be because I didn't always take at the same time of day or because I'm still coming off BCP. Plus I had just woken up from a horrible nightmare and was sweating when I registered 98.9.

Hoping your MIL is ok and healing. I missed that story, but I'm glad things are getting back to normal for you!

FancyPantsSparkles|1371342841|3466710 said:
On the job front; well, a few different things played out and my situation there has changed A LOT!! I tried to go part time for a few reasons, but a resolution was not able to be reached. As of Friday, I had my last day at the company I worked for. While that seems a little scary at the moment, it's a positive for us and while I wasn't looking, I've had a few different offers already come my way, which makes me pretty happy. The good news about this is that whichever direction I choose, I'll have different insurance and will make sure maternity is covered! I'm actually looking forward to taking all of next week off to do house stuff and run errands and then I'll probably start making some decisions about working again. We can afford me to stay home and the hubs was SUPER supportive about work and going to part- time or quitting (since we couldn't work out the part time option), so that is where we are at the moment. LOTS of changes happening my way though and I'm really excited about them!
That's awesome that you don't have to worry about that health insurance policy any more, but sorry things could not be worked out at your job. Back on track then for TTC I assume :) We're also starting to get our house stuff in order and making some serious decisions about bedrooms and furniture and moving things around to make room for a little one. Plus DH put the finishing touches on our basement this weekend, so we can start using the space!

My work rumors estimate that layoffs have been postponed to mid-July rather than right before our vacation. DH and I talked AGAIN about waiting one more cycle, but he is keen on not waiting. We keep seeing cute babies everywhere and just want to get started on our own. We both have baby envy. Haha. However, my estimated next O date is 6/28 and then finding out if its BFN or BFP would be 7/12. Then I could potentially be laid off 4 days later...I don't know how I would feel about looking for a new job while pregnant. But then what if I got laid off? Would we continue to wait until I found a job? Meh... With any luck I could get a new job before showing and then just not mention it during the interview that I was due for a pregnancy leave within the year. That seems kind of shady, but well, what can ya do??? We're set on our timeline at least for trying. We realize it may take a few months to get a BFP, but we want to use all of our chances from this point on!

StacylikesSparkles

Brilliant_Rock
Gem, I TOTALLY understand the whole looking for a job when you're possibly pregnant. I do worry about those things, but I just have a weird feeling that things will work out. If I we do get pregnant and I want to look for a job, they can't legally ask you if you're pregnant and I don't think it'd be too shady if you'd planning to continue working for them after the little one comes. I worry that being 100% honest in a corporate atmosphere may not work out, but if you're working for a friend or something more low key, it won't be that big of a deal.

pancake

Brilliant_Rock
I never charted last time, but then again, we weren't fully TTC last time either - I think I dipped my toe in the TTC thread to tentatively introduce myself, and then about 5 minutes later I found out that we were pregnant, oops. I was so ready though - I had paper charts, a thermometer, everything, all ready to go. I can imagine myself getting PRETTY obsessive about the whole thing - hopefully it won't be pathological!

LC I think I'll get my Mirena out around September as well at the moment, maybe a little later. I don't think we'll be TTC in earnest until Christmas or early 2014 though. I would like to know what my cycles are doing - have never ever known (was on OCP for 12 years and then got pregnant on my first cycle - counting backwards, I must have O'ed on day 43 though!!) and I always feel better knowing what's going on in general.

So today I saw a sale on Hugabub wraps and crazy me almost bought one???

lliang_chi

Ideal_Rock
Pancake, I hope we get to be TTC/preggo buddies again. It's fun to have someone to "chat" about all the little things that we complain, question etc. I really think/fear that my cycles are going to crazy weird again. The last time, I had CRAZY long cycles, and I had to go to acupuncture each week to get them normal again and fortunately we got pregnant too. Definitely know I won't be able to the the acupuncture like I did last time unless I get someone to watch Ethan each time.

FPS, how's the job stuff going? Have you accepted any of the offers you received? Any more. I think you said you wanted to cultivate a garden this summer. Have you been able to do that?

Gem, How's your job stuff going? Sucks to hear about the layoffs that are coming and totally makes it difficult when you're planning to TTC. But if it were me, I'd just stick my plan, and the job stuff will be figured out. There's never going to be a perfect time to have kids, and if you really feel strongly about it, you can't hold up your life waiting. KWIM?

AFU: nothing doing here. Enjoying my time with DS. As he's getting bigger he's getting more and more fun :) It makes me pause a little thinking I won't be able to enjoy him so much if I have a newborn I need to fuss after.

gem_anemone

Brilliant_Rock
lliang_chi|1372086670|3471323 said:
Gem, How's your job stuff going? Sucks to hear about the layoffs that are coming and totally makes it difficult when you're planning to TTC. But if it were me, I'd just stick my plan, and the job stuff will be figured out. There's never going to be a perfect time to have kids, and if you really feel strongly about it, you can't hold up your life waiting. KWIM?

AFU: nothing doing here. Enjoying my time with DS. As he's getting bigger he's getting more and more fun :) It makes me pause a little thinking I won't be able to enjoy him so much if I have a newborn I need to fuss after.
Thanks for the advice. I really love to hear when people say to continue on and that no time is perfect, because that is what we have decided. Already this week we have BD unprotected so it is too late to stop it now! :lol: If I get laid off, well... then hopefully I can find something before showing. That will give me like 7 months at the new job to get things in order. It may not look great secretly having been KO when interviewing, but oh well what can you do?

Maybe having a newborn will make you appreciate your older son more. You will see how he will be as an older brother and I'm sure it will be amazing!!

lliang_chi

Ideal_Rock
Gem, Saw you on the TTC thread, go you for making the jump! And yes have faith things will work out because they will. And besides once the baby gets there, there's nothing in the world that could make you consider waiting a single moment longer to meet him/her. So, have faith and don't let the little things ruin life for you. :)

StacylikesSparkles

Brilliant_Rock
Hey LC and other ladies! :) I have totally enjoyed taking me week off and we even planted a small garden this weekend. We didn't plant anything crazy, just a few tomato plants, some red and yellow peppers and some squash. We already have a nice herb garden, so this is just a nice little something. We've already vowed to have a larger one next year though, which is exciting!

As for the job thing, one of my friends started her own daycare and is looking for some help. I just went for a visit with her today and really enjoyed spending time with her and the littles :) The thing that makes this super ideal for us is that I would be able to take our little one with me to work (my friend started the daycare after having her little one) and actually get some quality time in while making some extra money. She doesn't need me just yet (more likely in the next 1-2 months), so for now I am just enjoying the heck out of my time at home. I'm baking (who knew?!), organizing and getting lots of cleaning done, which makes me very happy. I do think I would go a bit stir crazy if I was home all the time (without kiddos, that is), so while I'm enjoying this time now, I do think it'll be nice to get back into working, even if it is a super laid back atmosphere where it'll be more like hanging with a friend and not working ;-)

NewEnglandLady

Ideal_Rock
FPS, sounds like this could be a great opportunity, especially given the timing. Is the daycare run from her home or is she going to rent a facility? How does that work with maternity leave--I assume she just finds somebody to fill in for you for a few months? Would she be offering insurance? I know you said your husband's insurance is awful. Are you still on the same plan you were on a couple of months ago? Ha, I did not mean for this to turn into 50 questions!

StacylikesSparkles

Brilliant_Rock
NewEnglandLady|1372104757|3471500 said:
FPS, sounds like this could be a great opportunity, especially given the timing. Is the daycare run from her home or is she going to rent a facility? How does that work with maternity leave--I assume she just finds somebody to fill in for you for a few months? Would she be offering insurance? I know you said your husband's insurance is awful. Are you still on the same plan you were on a couple of months ago? Ha, I did not mean for this to turn into 50 questions!

I really think it could be fabulous! My friend runs the daycare from her home and at this point she won't be offering insurance. It's cool though. I have been looking into getting insurance privately through the state at a much more reasonable price point than I was previously paying (the company I worked for reimbursed with insurance and it was all private), so I am very happy with that! I started working on that last week and everything should go through this week. As far as maternity, she would just find a cover person or maybe just handle it by herself. I feel like I would be perfectly fine coming back to work for her again after the 6-8 weeks of being off. She knows my plan, which is awesome! Plus, when I went for a visit today, I saw that she using cloth diapers, which makes me very happy to have someone I can talk to about it! Pretty much everyone else I know thinks I'm a little wacko for even considering it. Also, it seems like our parenting and lifestyles are very similar, which makes me even more excited about the possibility of working with her.

lliang_chi

Ideal_Rock
FPS, Hooray sounds like it'd be a fantastic solution for you. I really hope you guys hit it off working together. And just think of the fun time you get hanging out with the wee ones in the meanwhile. It's a big deal to have matching parenting styles. This was a main reason why I felt we couldn't do a nanny share. I swear it seems like DH and I are crazy people magnets. LOL. How awesome your garden's off the ground. I've been pretty lax about setting up my garden, I really need to hop to it!

StacylikesSparkles

Brilliant_Rock
lliang_chi|1372132761|3471825 said:
FPS, Hooray sounds like it'd be a fantastic solution for you. I really hope you guys hit it off working together. And just think of the fun time you get hanging out with the wee ones in the meanwhile. It's a big deal to have matching parenting styles. This was a main reason why I felt we couldn't do a nanny share. I swear it seems like DH and I are crazy people magnets. LOL. How awesome your garden's off the ground. I've been pretty lax about setting up my garden, I really need to hop to it!

Agreed! I'm looking forward to working with her and we always had such good times together, so I feel good about it! Plus, she is totally a person I feel comfortable talking about baby things with, as there is no judgement coming from her. I mentioned a home birth and she wasn't freaked. That was a first among my friends and family. When I went to her house the other day, I got to love all over two of the littles and I just adored that.

Today I got to load up the remaining bit of our winter clothes for storage in the attic and go through all the summer clothes I have to be sure I don't keep things I'm not wearing any longer. Its felt really good to actually get rid of stuff and organize! One very positive thing about being home :)

amc80

Ideal_Rock
Well, it has happened...the idea of another baby is no longer making me want to crawl into a hole. It's almost a welcome challenge...like we were such idiots trying to figure out #1 that #2 will be a breeze. So I almost want another just so I can see how easy it will be. Is that weird?

monkeyprincess

Ideal_Rock
amc80|1372436906|3473754 said:
Well, it has happened...the idea of another baby is no longer making me want to crawl into a hole. It's almost a welcome challenge...like we were such idiots trying to figure out #1 that #2 will be a breeze. So I almost want another just so I can see how easy it will be. Is that weird?

Maybe, but I know exactly what you mean. I keep thinking back to the early days with Ev and thinking how differently I would handle everything knowing what I know now. I know I'm being a bit delusional about how much easier it will be, but I don't think many people would have more than one baby if we weren't all a bit delusional about how much easier it will be!

amc80

Ideal_Rock
monkeyprincess|1372438779|3473770 said:
amc80|1372436906|3473754 said:

Maybe, but I know exactly what you mean. I keep thinking back to the early days with Ev and thinking how differently I would handle everything knowing what I know now. I know I'm being a bit delusional about how much easier it will be, but I don't think many people would have more than one baby if we weren't all a bit delusional about how much easier it will be!

Just think about the really obvious (now) stuff. Like "my newborn has been up for 4 hours and won't go to sleep...dont know why he is so cranky." I mean nobody ever tells you that babies, even very tired babies, need help falling asleep. That fact, alone, will make my life so much easier in round 2.

bobbin

Shiny_Rock
I've been slowly shifting from 'having another baby now would be hell on earth' to 'I'd like another baby soon but I'm not sure I'm quite ready' over the last month or so, and I can feel that I am becoming more and more ready.

However, we are not in a position to even think about TTC at the moment. DH is being made redundant. His last day is 8/5. I only work 2 days a week. I asked to go up to 3 days a week a few weeks ago and my work wouldn't let me (apparently there is not enough work, despite them hiring fulltime admin staff only a week or so later and despite only a few weeks before telling me that they would prefer if I worked 3 days and that I would be able to up my hours as soon as I was ready). So come August we only have a guaranteed 2 days worth of income each week, and we have a mortgage AND pay rent. Adding pregnancy to the mix would be crazy.

But.... I think that makes me want a baby more! (but seriously, it's not going to happen for a while)

I need to stop reading these threads and the TTC threads as it just makes me clucky. It doesn't help that a mum from my mother's group just announced her second pregnancy.

amc80

Ideal_Rock
Something weird happened over the weekend. A switch flipped and I'm ready. SO STRANGE. I wouldn't say I'm excited to be pregnant, but I'm not looking at it with quite the level of disdain as before. It's almost a neutral feeling. For a split second yesterday I even thought "hey we should just start trying now," but then I remembered the 30lbs I need to lose before I start gaining again. It's crazy how fast the change in my brain happened.

Asscherhalo_lover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Well I'm getting my Implanon replaced with Nexplanon tomorrow. DH and I have agreed that I will keep the Nexplanon in for 18 months and then out it will come and we will begin TTC. It may seem like a long time from now but for us it's quick (I'm a major planner). I'm hoping that by then I will really feel ready.

lliang_chi

Ideal_Rock
AHL, sounds like you guys have a great plan. TBH 18 months isn't a long time and I think it'll come and go before you know it. Sounds like you guys are on the same page and that's what's important. And planning is great, but sometimes all plans go out the window once baby FEVAH kicks in. LOL.

Bobbin, Hello friend! Good to see you around these parts :) Sorry to hear about the job stress you guys are under, but you guys will make things work. I think you said you had some issues with certain partners in your firm, so hopefully you can find somewhere that is a beautiful fit for you and your family. Dust to your DH that he can find something he enjoys too.

AMC, yes, I think I'll go into Baby#2 feeling way more confident and understanding than I did with Ethan. I think I put a lot of unnecessary stress on myself. But I fear I just won't be able to enjoy Baby2 since I'll have to wrangle a toddler too.

MP, I agree we ge delusional and nostalgic and that's how nature tricks us into having more babies. That and men are totally horn-bags. LOL. But I think you're going to be a pro with the next baby since you tried everything with Ev the first go 'round. His job was to test your grit, and now you guys have the Ev-seal-of-approval.

AFU, sigh... I broached the subject of getting my Mirena removed in August and DH was just so against it. He's still on the same page that we want our kids at most 3 yrs apart but of course he thinks I take the IUD out and BING, instant pregnancy! Little did he forget all the sh!t I had to go through to get pregnant with Ethan. ARGH! Makes me want to scream! And he's mentioned moving into a house as the reason why he doesn't want to have a kid right away, he doesn't want to bring a baby home in our 2bd/2ba condo. OK... so then are we going to start looking @ house stuff NOW? No answer. Blood... boiling! :angryfire: It's best he's out of town for a few days because I'm still mad thinking about it....

StacylikesSparkles

Brilliant_Rock
LC, isn't it funny how guys just have no cares in the world about getting pregnant and they think it'll happen the next time you BD?! Boys! I'm sorry the hubs is frustrating you these days, but I think we all TOTALLY understand that! I'm a worrier. I worry about how long it'll take to get pregnant, how the pregnancy will be and how much of the house we can get done before baby comes. Does the hubs worry? Nope. We have one finished bathroom in the house right now and it has a standup shower. Um, how exactly does he plan on washing our little one? But is that something he is working on now before we have a baby? Nope? In fact, my hubs is driving me a bit batty with the fact that he hasn't been working on the house in a few weeks/month. Now that I'm home, I would LOVE to be doing stuff, but I have no idea what to do and he isn't willing to show me anything (that part I get, because I wouldn't want to make more work for him in the end). Thankfully I've kept myself busy with going through EVERYTHING I possibly can and purging makes me feel fabulous.

Here is to hoping you and your hubby can get on the same page with house stuff (sell the old and get a new!) and that your hubs is totally right in your being able to get pregnant ASAP when you actually give it a go. Also, I do truly think that men think things will happen at lightening speed, when in actuality, it takes TIME to make things happen, whether that means selling your house and buying a new on, or having a baby. Oh to be a man.

lliang_chi

Ideal_Rock
FPS, yes, maybe I'll work on getting this place ready to sell. I won't tell DH about why I'm doing stuff, I'll just do it myself. I need to finish up the painting the master (trim) and Ethan's room (dry wall repair), and hang curtains in the living room. DH is so not the handy one in the relationship, but the downside is I'm also the primary baby supervisor too. Painting is DEFINITELY not toddler friendly... What to do?
Glad you went through your purge. It feels SO GOOD to get rid of STUFF, doesn't it? I try to do it every now and then, but I really haven't done a truly ruthless purge yet. I think I'm about due.

StacylikesSparkles

Brilliant_Rock
Its a miracle! DH came home from work and started working on the front room without ANY prompting from me! Woohoo! He must have known I was complaining to you ladies lol :) Whatever works! I complain here and he works on the house!

LC, if you're the handy one, totally get things in order without telling the hubs exactly why. This way you don't have a ton to do all at once when you finally get on the same page with house selling. Plus, even if you don't sell right away, having a house that looks nicer will make you love it just a little more..or at least appreciate it and feel comfortable in the space while you're waiting. Thankfully it doesn't sound like you have a ton to do, which is always nice. As for the painting with a toddler...do you have any friends that can come over and lend you a hand with him? Or can you squeeze in some work during nap time or after he goes to sleep?

Oh and yes it does feel nice to purge! I have a ton of clothes and shoes that I plan on yard saling..basically I just need to pick a date and make signs because I am ready for that stuff to be out of my house! I may take a few things to Plato's Closet to see if they'd like to buy anything, just to get rid of some things. Now that I'm on a roll, I feel like I need to do the basement next. That is basically where we are storing all the stuff from the front room while the hubs remodels and other random stuff. Hell, we even have wedding presents down there that we haven't figured out what to do with yet. Like the awesome crystal dish set that DH's cousin got for us. Actually, YARD SALE!! I know if I go through the wedding gifts, I will end up getting rid of half of what we have down there. We took all the good stuff upstairs and are using those things so pretty much most of the stuff down there can go. I feel another big purge coming on. The only problem; the basement is a little freaky! Our house was built in 1910 and it has one of those stone wall basements that is no ever a fun happy place to venture down into. Even with all the lights on, it's still dark and is a little scary lmao...oh man, I'll have to enlist a friend to come help me! Bahaha! Although my friend that lives down the street refuses to set foot in the basement...what a pair of sissies we would be going through stuff down there!

NewEnglandLady

Ideal_Rock
LC, as the fellow handy person in my relationship, I understand your pain! As you know, I had that huge painting project this year (9 rooms + 1 floor) and my strategy was to paint for 2 - 3 hours after K went to bed. I only did this on Friday and Saturday nights because I only had the energy to do it on the weekends. I would usually spend 1 weekend doing trim (1 coat Friday, 1 coat Saturday), then 1 weekend doing the walls (1 coat on Friday, 1 coat on Saturday). Sometimes it took longer (especially if there was a lot of taping or I needed a 3rd coat), but usually I could get through a room in 2 weeks. I did have a painter come in and do 4 rooms, which was a huge help. Not only was he in and out in a week, but he used a spray gun and the finish is so much nicer. I bet you could get somebody in there to do it for $500 or less, which is probably worth it.

I finished this project 3 days after I ovulated in June (D made me wear one of those huge gas masks just in case I was pregnant--which is probably good because it turns out I was). I was so excited to be done! Then a few days later I found out I was pregnant and now we need to paint K's new room and the new nursery, but I'm just calling somebody to do it!!

Oh, and this all started back in January. I told D my project was the painting and his project was to clean out the basement (it's all his stuff and it's really not that big of a project since we just moved a few years ago). The painting is done and the basement? NOWHERE NEAR DONE!

Also, sorry you and J are not on the same page about #2. For us, we were not on the same page about the timing of #1--remember the countdown with the box of condoms and D's emergency condom? I finally told D that either he was going to be ready, or I was poking holes in the condoms. I think he knew there was only so long he could delay...I'm not a patient woman. Just tell J that you're removing your Mirena whether he likes it or not and there's only so long he can hold out :)

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results