shape
carat
color
clarity

Mahenge spinal ring CAD, opinions?

LtlFirecracker

Ideal_Rock
Hi everyone,

This is in follow up to my last post. I went with ERD for my spinal ring, and I just got the CAD todays. I think it looks OK, but I would love you guys to take a look at it. Is there anything you would alter? This is my first work with a CAD design.

I am wondering what you guys think about the height of the stone? Too low or just right? Being it is a RHR it does not need to sit flush with a band, and I am debating weather or not to keep it low for practical reasons or raise it up a tad.

Here are the CADs.

mj5.jpg

mj3.jpg

mj1.jpg

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Perfection in every way. :love: Do you feel it's too high? Is it even possible to be lowered?

JewelFreak

Ideal_Rock
It's gorgeous! I wouldn't change a thing. If you raise it, there's more chance of knocking it on something, which, even with a spinel, I wouldn't want to do. Can't wait to see it when it's done!

--- Laurie

LtlFirecracker

Ideal_Rock
I was thinking it was too low, but I think you opinions are helpful. I am going to keep it as is. I don't need a ring catching on things right now with twins on the way!

Thanks for you opinions.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Looks pretty wonderful to me. Come back with hand shot, please!

cheers--Sharon

pinkjewel

Ideal_Rock
Looks beautiful!

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It's lovely but I would remove some of the diamonds from the bottom half of the shank. They won't be seen and may be damaged if they hit the underside of your finger (which I think the bottom 1 or 2 might). Certainly if the ring spins they will end up on the bottom of your finger. By removing them, it may reduce some of the cost as well ;-)

In terms of height it's difficult to judge from CADs but it doesn't look too low or high so I'd be tempted to keep it where it is.

bluebirrrd

Shiny_Rock
I agree with "perfection!" Gorgeous design and I think the height is perfect. I'd probably go with LD's suggestion of removing a few side diamonds though.

LtlFirecracker

Ideal_Rock
Thanks!

Quick iPhone post. I already have changed it from a full band to a 3/4 band to make sure it is sizable.

They are asking if I want diamonds on the stuts only( the prongs below the halo) or the stuts and doughnut. Anyone have opinions on this? I am not sure what to do.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Not much difference either way but if you plan to add melees to the struts, it is advisable to also add melees to the doughnut to pull the design together. It would look odd to have it in one place but not the other. It is blingier to have it all around but I like to look at such things even though it is a touch blingy for me personally.

tara3056

Shiny_Rock
Looks fantastic! I love the height, actually, and find lower-set rings to be more comfortable. I like the look of the struts and donut as pictured - with no diamonds - because I think the rest of it is blingy enough, but I agree that if you were going to add melee to either one, then definitely do both so that the design ties together.

kathness

Shiny_Rock
Beautiful ring!!!! :love: :love: :love:

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
tara3056|1366831489|3433859 said:
Looks fantastic! I love the height, actually, and find lower-set rings to be more comfortable. I like the look of the struts and donut as pictured - with no diamonds - because I think the rest of it is blingy enough, but I agree that if you were going to add melee to either one, then definitely do both so that the design ties together.

I agree - there is something so sleek about the clean metal that I vote no diamonds too.

LtlFirecracker

Ideal_Rock
Thanks for you opinions. I was thinking of going no diamonds too. I also do not like my jewelry too overdone.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

It is tasteful and elegant as it is--I am not sure more diamonds would add value.

cheers--Sharon

pregcurious

Ideal_Rock
I like it the way it is. Classic.

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Interesting that people are saying if you have it on the struts then have it on the donut as well. I designed a ring and the diamonds were only on the struts, not the donut. It looks lovely BUT it's a complete waste of time because you very rarely see the undercarriage! Leave it as it is with just the metal!

Lisa Loves Shiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I agree with LD. Your ring is going to be gorgeous!!

LtlFirecracker

Ideal_Rock
So the CAD is approved, I left the diamonds off the shank and doughnut. That was my initial gut feeling, but the original ring has the extra diamonds. I am glad you guys chimed in. I know sometimes I can go too simple on things, but it looks in this case simple is better.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
LD,
I went the other way, having melees only on the donut but not the struts. It's my turn to disagree with you and this is incredibly rare. :bigsmile: It's not a complete waste of time as I enjoy looking at the profile view, especially when typing on my keyboard. Perhaps because the struts are narrow and less obvious, but the donut on my ring is fairly noticeable (having a large stone helps, I suppose) every time my hand moves or tilts.

LtF,
I can't wait to see the ring completed!

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Chrono|1366975113|3434850 said:
LD,
I went the other way, having melees only on the donut but not the struts. It's my turn to disagree with you and this is incredibly rare. :bigsmile: It's not a complete waste of time as I enjoy looking at the profile view, especially when typing on my keyboard. Perhaps because the struts are narrow and less obvious, but the donut on my ring is fairly noticeable (having a large stone helps, I suppose) every time my hand moves or tilts.

LtF,
I can't wait to see the ring completed!

LOL Chrono! Actually for your ring I can understand how it works perfectly because it's a mahoosize gem! If you have a large stone and it's set quite high then yes, having the diamonds on the donut (or even the struts) works well. With a low-medium height ring and/or small-medium stone I think you lose sight of the undercarriage.

Jereni

Brilliant_Rock
LtF, lovely design on that ring! What a vivid color that stone looks to have, can't wait to see the finished piece!

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think this ring will be gorgeous--can't wait to see the pics of it on your hand when it's done!

Hope you and those twins are doing well!

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
When can we expect it to make its grand entrance? :praise:

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you so much for letting us know, as some of us rarely make it out of CS! :lol:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results