shape
carat
color
clarity

Great Grandmother's Watch Necklace

maccers

Brilliant_Rock
I recently inherited my grandmother's pocket watch necklace. It was purchased in April 1906! Just wanted to share a couple of pictures of it, it's really neat! I forgot to email myself pictures of the watch face unfortunately, I'll upload those tonight. The watch face says "PRINCESS" as the brand. The crystal is missing from the face.

One of the seed pearls is missing but I still love it. I've worn it to work several times and have received a ton of compliments on it.

ggpocketwatch1906.jpg

ggpocketwatch1906-2.jpg

fabulousfindk

Shiny_Rock
This is SO beautiful! What a lovely heirloom! :)

GemFever

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Beautiful! Did your grandmother wear it a lot, do you have memories of her wearing it?

Rosebloom

Ideal_Rock
Stunning! Does the watch still work?

maccers

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you for all the nice comments.

I don't remember my grandmother wearing but that may explain why the gold-fill is in such good shape.

I really cherish this piece. It really gives me a sense of history and connection to my family. It's given to the oldest daughter in each generation.

I'm not sure if the watch works. I'm a bit scared to try winding it because the crystal is missing. I'm going to take it to an antique watch repair guy, I'm lucky to have found him. There aren't a lot of watch repair places that can handle such an old piece.

bbziggy

Shiny_Rock
Oh so pretty! I love the heart shaped slide on the chain too!! So nice to have something so special from your grandmother.

pandabee

Ideal_Rock
wow, the engraving on that is beautiful! What a wonderful heirloom to have.

maccers

Brilliant_Rock
This is the watch part that's missing the crystal. There's a crack near the hinge too. It makes me laugh that the brand is Princess.

_4477.jpg

vinjewels

Brilliant_Rock
What a beautiful piece! Love the engraving on it. Aside from the little wear and tear of being over..oh, ya know...107 years old, it look pristine!

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
So classic. Why did they ever go out of style?

hippi_pixi

Brilliant_Rock
gosh i love it. the watch on its own is beautiful but the history that goes with it makes it stunning. pieces like this should be cherished forever. i hope you never ever sell it but if you do... :halo: think of me

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh, it is gorgeous! :love: Just beautiful and IMO an antique piece like this never ever goes out of style. How lucky you have this to cherish and wear! Wear in health and happiness and with lovely memories of your grandmother!!

yennyfire

Ideal_Rock
Trade
It's lovely! I'd really like to see then other side, inside and a photo of you wearing it! What a special heirloom!

Oops! I must have been typing while you we're adding photos! :oops: It is amazing!

maccers

Brilliant_Rock
I was visiting my parents today and looking at their old photographs and I noticed a picture of my great grandmother wearing this watch! Isn't that cool?

Eta: sideways, sorry!

_5551.jpg

stci

Ideal_Rock
Yes it's cool! What a lovely piece! :love: :love:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Aww, such lovely memories! How great you found that photo. I love when sweet things like this happen. Your great grandmother is looking down on you and smiling! :halo:

artdecogirl

Brilliant_Rock
It's lovely and what a great picture!

summerlove6

Rough_Rock
Absolutely beautiful heirloom, and the pic of your great grandmother wearing it is awesome! I think you should reenact the photo. It is so nice to have such a sentimental piece to cherish.

Kelly12

Shiny_Rock
It's cool!!! The watch is gorgeous!!! How luck you are!! :appl:

StacylikesSparkles

Brilliant_Rock
What a great piece! And the fact that you have a picture of your relative wearing it, well that is just icing on the cake!

guilhermeesq

Shiny_Rock
not much to go on here, would love to see some pics of the movement

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results