shape
carat
color
clarity

The De Beers Consumer Settlement Cks are in the mail!

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
crown1|1370985882|3463692 said:
Skippy|1370979031|3463597 said:
My check was in the mail today. Crown did you get yours today too?

Hi, Skippy! Yes mam, I received it today. It looks like the poster, who alerted us all to this class action, deserves a big round of applause. My thanks to that poster. If anyone remembers who it was, please tell us so we can properly thank them.

yes, for sure!!! thanks MC! Thanks Diamanteblu for telling us about the suit too!

NOYFB

Ideal_Rock
Trillium|1370909919|3463048 said:
My check came today $89.92. I don't even remember which piece of jewelry I claimed on :lol: but I'm happy enough to have it.

Me either. Since mine was so small and it was before I even had my asscher, I'm assuming it was for my .5 carat princess?

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

partgypsy

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow the last time I checked this thread no one had received anything yet.

I received $63.96 which is $63 more than I expected :appl:

newshopper

Rough_Rock
I received a check today also--such a nice surprise--I had really forgotten all about this! I agree--THANK YOU Diamanteblu for telling us about this 5 years ago.

hoorray

Ideal_Rock
I got a check for $817 yesterday. I had forgotten completely about this so that was a very fun surprise! An even bigger surprise for DH who didn't even know about it. (Had to tell him since he buys most of my diamonds... ;-) ) My letter said settlements were done based on the $$ spent along with the quality and quantity of diamonds purchased. I have no idea at this point what I claimed. Anyone have any info on how quality would have impacted the payout?

And, yes -- a BIG thank you to Diamonteblu :appl: :appl: :appl:

Moosejaw

Shiny_Rock
Premium
$432.00 here.

I wonder how much I SHOULD'VE received, but I'll take it. :)

crown1

Brilliant_Rock
Many thanks to DiamanteBleu!!!!!!!! You were a real friend to all of us who filed claims in this suit. I have not seen you around in a long time but I hope you are reading so you can know of our gratitude. Five and a half years was a long time to follow this suit but I checked the website every now and then. I am happy for everyone who received a check.

amc80

Ideal_Rock
MichelleCarmen said:
Mine arrived $88.11. I only included pieces I had receipts for bc I thought they'd want proof. I would have gotten more...

So, what can I buy in Vegas for 88 bucks?

4 cocktails.

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
amc80|1371011471|3463978 said:
MichelleCarmen said:
Mine arrived $88.11. I only included pieces I had receipts for bc I thought they'd want proof. I would have gotten more...

So, what can I buy in Vegas for 88 bucks?

4 cocktails.

Well, the check was deposited today...probably my best bet (no pun intended) is to take the $88 and gamble it in Vegas and see what happens. Or, I can be boring and pay my Comcast bill...hmmm ;))

What is especially interesting is I sent my dh a text with the settlement amount and I also sent him other tests. He responded about the other texts, but ignored the diamond settlement. Does this mean the $ is mine to play with?

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
$1,135.91! Thank you DiamanteBleu!!!!!

Somehow the check made its way to through the crazy mail system to me. Too bad the time period was before The Brick or it would have been a nice(er) chunk of change--but I'm definitely not looking a gift horse (or a class action settlement check!) in the mouth!

cpster

Brilliant_Rock
$718 for me...very nice surprise as I had given up hope on this one.

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am kicking myself for not signing up! Congratulations to all!

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Is anyone else stunned they never asked for a BIT of proof? I looked at my paperwork and I have receipts paperclipped there, but I think that was for my file (because I am--say it with me--ANAL) in case they ever DID ask and not anything that I sent in... ??? Then again it was five years ago; who the he!! knows what I really put in the envelope.

CaptAubrey

Brilliant_Rock
$124.21

I had completely forgotten about this since I left the diamond business a few years ago, so it was a nice surprise. :twirl:

hearts-arrows_girl

Brilliant_Rock
Dee*Jay|1371127809|3464911 said:
Is anyone else stunned they never asked for a BIT of proof? I looked at my paperwork and I have receipts paperclipped there, but I think that was for my file (because I am--say it with me--ANAL) in case they ever DID ask and not anything that I sent in... ??? Then again it was five years ago; who the he!! knows what I really put in the envelope.
You got lucky, I had to send in receipts, then send them again. I think it was for purchases more than $10,000, that they made you send proof, I don't remember.

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
hearts-arrows_girl|1371167975|3465425 said:
Dee*Jay|1371127809|3464911 said:
You got lucky, I had to send in receipts, then send them again. I think it was for purchases more than $10,000, that they made you send proof, I don't remember.

Hmmm... Maybe I did send stuff in then... But I would certainly remember if they had asked for it again.

DiamanteBlu

Ideal_Rock
I am so happy to hear that so many of you are getting settlement checks! It took a while but I'm sure it was worth it. :appl:

mercoledi

Ideal_Rock
My husband got a check yesterday even though neither of us recalls his having entered the suit. It was for $37.77, but I don't know what he claimed for cost of goods.

msclarkee

Rough_Rock
I received a check for $918.75 on June 12th. When I deposited it the same day, my bank put a hold on the funds - they said that the routing number on the check had been flagged as being a 'non sufficient' account. I've since seen posts on other forums where people said their checks were returned by their bank. Anyone else have this issue? The check hasn't cleared my bank yet.

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
My check was deposited on 6/14 and I just placed a quick call to the bank based on the previous poster's info. They said the deposit had cleared and that the funds were available.

Mikla

Shiny_Rock
Premium
I got my check for $907.34. Deposited it two days ago and I just checked; no hold. Yippee!

msclarkee

Rough_Rock
That is wonderful! My 9 day hold is up tomorrow, but I'll call the bank today to see if I can find out what is going on.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results