shape
carat
color
clarity

Is this dress too young looking?

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Drop by a Nordstrom's if you're near there. They carry Donna Karan - nice sheers with a lovely selection of shades. If you find a saleswoman who actually wears hose from time to time :wink2: she'll probably have some other suggestions for you too! (If you haven't worn hose in a while, remember that your toenails need to be fairly short and it's critical to have your toenails and heels smooth to prevent snags.)

mercoledi

Ideal_Rock
ponder|1370311367|3458569 said:
I don't know if they still make them, but I used to buy toeless panty hose. Doesn't work with strappy sandals, but it's fabulous for peep toes.

Donna Karan makes them, and they're perfect for peep toes. I would suggest this route if you can find them!

SB621

Ideal_Rock
Not at all! I wouldn't think twice about that dresss being 2 young look. It isn't super trendy and have very subtle lines. I love it!

SB621

Ideal_Rock
Not at all! I wouldn't think twice about that dresss being 2 young look. It isn't super trendy and have very subtle lines. I love it!

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Nordstroms or similar will have a large selection of hoes. Pick the designer brands and try to feel the samples. The pricier brands seem to be better often. I have found I usually need to try a few brands before I find one that fits and feels really good.

StacylikesSparkles

Brilliant_Rock
[quote="Dreamer_D|1370370297|3458898"]Nordstroms or similar will have a large selection of hoes. Pick the designer brands and try to feel the samples. The pricier brands seem to be better often. I have found I usually need to try a few brands before I find one that fits and feels really good.[/quote]

I love that they have such a good selection of hoes!! Bahahaa!

heididdl

Ideal_Rock
Perfectly appropriate I am 54 and have worn that silouhette from BCBG. I am petite and it looks age appropriate and fine on me so I am sure it will be perfect for yoou

heididdl

Ideal_Rock
by the wway starting tomorrow Lord and taylor is having their friends and family 25% off everything that includes their BcBG department if they don't have it on line one of the stores will. Although I am not a hose fan, if you feel more comfortable about your legs where very nude......no black in summer

I am a stylist and personal shopper at Lord and taylor so I do have a bit of expertise. hope this helps. Who ever said no out there is very negative

mary poppins

Ideal_Rock
Premium
heididdl|1370373030|3458920 said:
by the wway starting tomorrow Lord and taylor is having their friends and family 25% off everything that includes their BcBG department if they don't have it on line one of the stores will. Although I am not a hose fan, if you feel more comfortable about your legs where very nude......no black in summer

I am a stylist and personal shopper at Lord and taylor so I do have a bit of expertise. hope this helps. Who ever said no out there is very negative

I read the "no" response in the context of answering OP's thread title question, "Is this dress too young looking?" No, the dress is not too young looking.

I agree with you regarding no black hose during the summer.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
heididdl|1370373030|3458920 said:

Oh, very, very cool job, Heidi!!!!

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
FancyPantsSparkles|1370370527|3458900 said:
Dreamer_D|1370370297|3458898 said:
Nordstroms or similar will have a large selection of hoes. Pick the designer brands and try to feel the samples. The pricier brands seem to be better often. I have found I usually need to try a few brands before I find one that fits and feels really good.

Hoes before toes, that's my saying.

Learned something today. Panty HOSE. Good to know. Never typed that word in my life! :lol:

StacylikesSparkles

Brilliant_Rock
Dreamer_D|1370375483|3458951 said:
FancyPantsSparkles|1370370527|3458900 said:
Dreamer_D|1370370297|3458898 said:

Hoes before toes, that's my saying.

Learned something today. Panty HOSE. Good to know. Never typed that word in my life! :lol:

hahahaha! Hoes before toes! Seriously, this just brightened up an otherwise dull afternoon! :lol: :appl:

Rhea

Ideal_Rock
Premium
No, it's not too young. I've had spider veins since I've been in my late teens and now in my early 30s they are starting to show up more and more. My late 20s sister has them worse than I do over the past few years. I've come to realise that most other people don't look at my legs. If I'm sitting and the dress is quite short, I cover my lap with a napkin or shawl. I normally just wear a kick-ass hat, evening eye makeup, and great earrings or necklace and hope that people look up toward my upper body. I purposely keep my shoes simple and nondescript so no one has real reason to notice them or my legs. I think it's about trying to focus the attention where you want it to be.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results