shape
carat
color
clarity

Tsavorite Ring Journey

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Chrono - awww!!! Thank you! I know, but it's either that or Green Lantern, and I think Goblin has a bit of an edge since he's a villain!

Katharath - Thanks! It's been on quite the ride! I have some darker green melee that will one day go into a half eternity band, but they just don't sparkle as well. Probably one reason I like the lighter color! Plus the color jumping out at you helps too!

Kelinas - Thanks! I think so too!

Catmom - It still doesn't hold a candle to your collection! Thank you!

Smitcompton - Thank you so much Annette!

star Sparkle - I had to keep an eye on you two! I'm glad you got to see it in real life!

Bright Ice - thanks! I tried it with my baguette band earlier today too, perhaps I'll post a pic!

Pandabee - Thanks! I'm glad to be back (kind of - I've been traveling like a crazy person and some of these pictures were taken in Maui!) and posting my favorite things! Thanks for the compliments on it!

JewelFreak - Green Wonder, eh? Lol! I love the extra bling, it just adds so much! Plus it helps that the old setting went to a good home and now houses a very different stone that it compliments better!

Minousbijoux - Thanks for the amazing compliments my dear!

Innerkitten - Thank you! I've become a big fan of diamond accents lately!

colorluvr - Thank you!

Kgizo - thank you!

Wyntery - Yes, I figured someone would see them! I got them right before I left on my trip (half of California and Maui) so I couldn't do a thread...instead I took pics!

Mico - Thank you!

artdecogirl - Thank you! Greens are so hard to capture! I wish that cameras had an easier time with them!

VL - Thanks!

ErinL - Thank you!

iLander - thank you so much! We (Daniel M, Caren and I) put a lot of work into it and I'm so excited to get to wear it!!!

KaeKae - Thanks!

NKOTB - Anytime you want me to sketch anything for you, just say the word! The bright greens are pretty awesome, huh?

royalstarrynight - I'm glad you like it! Thank you!

Couple more iPhone pics. With my baguette band. The nail polish was unintentional - and it matched my Nambian tourmaline much better! (I may or may not have bought a dress to match the tsav...)

_6030.jpg

_6031.jpg

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
How beautiful, Freke!! Turned out so nice!

stargurl78

Ideal_Rock
Beautiful stone and what a stunning design :love: :love: :love:

JLW05

Brilliant_Rock
I've just been lurking but had to drop in to let you know how absolutely beautiful your new setting/ring is. Wish I could have ripped it right out of my monitor and placed it on my finger!!!!

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thanks Laila, stargurl and JLW! I'm so excited about this ring. I didn't have any set green gems for so long, and it's my second favorite color! Now I need to start working on my tsav eternity, necklace and earrings...

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
BelleJoaillerie|1367702218|3440424 said:
The color of your stone is glorious. One of the prettiest tsavorites I've ever seen. Enjoy!
Thank you! It's my favorite color green. I think it's as close as its going to get to being "Go Light Green" in my collection!

woofmama

Ideal_Rock
I love everything about this ring! Your setting is amazing-really great design, and the Tsav is beautiful :love: :love: :love:

This goes in my inspiration file. Love it!!!

jstarfireb

Ideal_Rock
I remember this stone - great to see its new home! I also prefer my green garnets on the medium to lighter side. The design of the ring is gorgeous and perfect for the stone! Very well executed by Daniel M too.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
So get moving already! :devil: I'd love to see you have an entire tsavorite suite.

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Chrono|1367842389|3441166 said:
So get moving already! :devil: I'd love to see you have an entire tsavorite suite.
Here's a small preview.

The earring stones are nowhere near being set. I can't decide on a design for them, so it'll take a while. They are not well cut, but terribly sentimental because they are the first (only) stones my husband has ever picked out for me by himself. The eternity and necklace are just awaiting the funds! (The necklace will have an additional yellow-ish tsav melee cut by Barry with it.)

Oh, and the eternity stones are 2mm, and much closer to the trade ideal color. :wacko:

tsavs2.jpg

_6084.jpg

eternity_tsavs.jpg

eternity_tsavs2.jpg

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Lovely.....just lovely! Where did you get the eternity melees from, if you don't mind my asking? In general, my preference is also for medium toned tsavorites but these melees are gorgeous.

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Chrono|1367861602|3441341 said:
Lovely.....just lovely! Where did you get the eternity melees from, if you don't mind my asking? In general, my preference is also for medium toned tsavorites but these melees are gorgeous.
I got them from my formerly local store in Albuquerque. However, I know Jeff Davies sells tsav melee on a pretty regular basis. If you have a Facebook, he's pretty easy to find!

derbygal

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm in love with your ring! I want a Barry tsav badly!

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Pretty much anything Barry cuts is amazing. Not that I'm biased or anything....

I may have taken advantage of my daughter's toys the other day...and I wore my tsav out for the first time! With my bright green dress, of course!

tsav_green_dress.jpg

green_lantern.jpg

motownmama

Ideal_Rock
Premium
VERY beautiful - and lOVE the nail polish!

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
motownmama|1367957828|3442216 said:
VERY beautiful - and lOVE the nail polish!
Thanks! I've been going a little too bright with them lately though - teal, bright blue, black/violet...I need to go neutral for a while!

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
I was going through my pics earlier and I stumbled across this beauty from Barry...

The stone on the left is Green Goblin, and the stone on the right is a Peridot. This poor stone confuses Barry's camera too it would seem!!

mvc-002s.jpg

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
A few more quick pics I uploaded from my old Canon, which cannot even get close to capturing the color, but that's never been it's strong suit!

It does capture the needles of the stone though, which I don't mind at all, they aren't view able from a normal viewing distance, and since they are needles, they usually blend in very well with Barry's cutting.

green_2.jpg

green_goblin2.jpg

green_goblin3.jpg

Rainbird

Rough_Rock
I just wanted to say lovely your Tsavorite looks in its new home. You definitely have an eye for design. I'm another Barry fan. He's such a sweetheart and if I could, I'd like to buy from him every week because he's so much fun to work with.

Looking forward to seeing your new 'green' projects when they're completed.

SB621

Ideal_Rock
I feel the need to keep coming back to this thread- that ring is stunning! It is also 2 of my favorite things- green and art deco! Liz I can't tell you how bad I want to play in your jewelry box. :-o

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think the needles have their own charm, something only you can see way up close if you try hard enough. I have spinels like that too, which I don't mind because the cut and colour is fabulous. They look almost a part of Barry's faceting in your pictures. I think this is one of my favourite out of your entire collection. It has the entire package of colour, cut and setting design all in one.

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I just want to make something clear to everyone:

I Called Dibs a Loooooong time ago - this one is Mine!, so Hands Off!

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Rainbird|1368211932|3444345 said:
I just wanted to say lovely your Tsavorite looks in its new home. You definitely have an eye for design. I'm another Barry fan. He's such a sweetheart and if I could, I'd like to buy from him every week because he's so much fun to work with.

Looking forward to seeing your new 'green' projects when they're completed.
Thank you Rainbird! Yeah, I calculated how much money I've given that man over the years, and uh...it's a little scary. But he's amazing and awesome and I'd buy twice as much as I have already if I could afford it without risking a divorce!

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Sarahbear621|1368212949|3444356 said:
I feel the need to keep coming back to this thread- that ring is stunning! It is also 2 of my favorite things- green and art deco! Liz I can't tell you how bad I want to play in your jewelry box. :-o
Hah! Only if you bring yours!

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Chrono|1368241114|3444675 said:
I think the needles have their own charm, something only you can see way up close if you try hard enough. I have spinels like that too, which I don't mind because the cut and colour is fabulous. They look almost a part of Barry's faceting in your pictures. I think this is one of my favourite out of your entire collection. It has the entire package of colour, cut and setting design all in one.
Thank you for the wonderful compliments Chrono! It means a lot coming from you!

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
minousbijoux|1368243072|3444697 said:
I just want to make something clear to everyone:

I Called Dibs a Loooooong time ago - this one is Mine!, so Hands Off!
Yikes! I'm afraid of you now Minou! :cheeky: :cheeky: :cheeky:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results