shape
carat
color
clarity

I just wanna say -- the random comments thread

D

Deactivated member 42515

It's 12:48am and I am lying in bed wide awake because Livi is snoring, Emma is snoring and DH is snoring. Trying to drown out the snores with a Friends DVD.

It's not working.

Wide awake.

D

Deactivated member 42515

Plus, seasonal allergies have decided to start early for me this year. Fun!!!

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
YT|1364975443|3419149 said:
It's 12:48am and I am lying in bed wide awake because Livi is snoring, Emma is snoring and DH is snoring. Trying to drown out the snores with a Friends DVD.

It's not working.

Wide awake.

oh I hear ya on that one!!! Isn't it the most annoying sound when you can't sleep and someone else is SOUND asleep??!! Infuriates me that its not ME sleeping and BUGGING HIM with my snoring!! :lol: :devil:

Natylad

Ideal_Rock
Premium
New shoes!!! It was love at first sight!!! :cheeky:

photo0339.jpg

photo0342.jpg

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
oooooh ---- RAWR!!!! :naughty: Sexy lady, natylad!!! Love those!!! :appl: :appl: :appl:

Natylad

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Enerchi|1364999487|3419290 said:
oooooh ---- RAWR!!!! :naughty: Sexy lady, natylad!!! Love those!!! :appl: :appl: :appl:

Thanks Enerchi ;))

Rosebloom

Ideal_Rock
My baby turned one today!!!

He was quite premature, spent six weeks in the hospital and almost didn't make it, then spent four months on 24/7 oxygen and monitoring... And now he's practically perfect in every way!! I love him so much. Happy sigh.

Here's my little Rosebud

imageuploadedbytapatalk1365110386.jpg

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Rosebloom|1365110402|3420359 said:

He was quite premature, spent six weeks in the hospital and almost didn't make it, then spent four months on 24/7 oxygen and monitoring... And now he's practically perfect in every way!! I love him so much. Happy sigh.

awwww, Rosebloom, your little one is a real cutie! And a sweetie too!! So precious!! :love:
Happy One Year Birthday little Rosebloom!!! :appl:

JaneSmith

Brilliant_Rock
Rosebloom! He's sooooooooooooooo sweet! What a tenacious lad he must be, fighting hard to stay with his mamma. Happy Birthday little one!

Natylad, very cute shoes! I can't wear a heel that high. I'm envious!

YT, just kick them all out! Sleep is too good to miss.

Rosetta, that is hilarious about your AVC. Keep it. You have to now! Halo it and make it a pendant.

JaneSmith

Brilliant_Rock
Rosebloom! He's sooooooooooooooo sweet! What a tenacious lad he must be, fighting hard to stay with his mamma. Happy Birthday little one!

Natylad, very cute shoes! I can't wear a heel that high. I'm envious!

YT, just kick them all out! Sleep is too good to miss.

Rosetta, that is hilarious about your AVC. Keep it. You have to now! Halo it and make it a pendant.

JaneSmith

Brilliant_Rock
Oh my goodness! That 16 carat yellow diamond featured on the PS blog is fab!

Link to local paper blurb: http://www.edmontonjournal.com/life/fashion-beauty/Birks+showcases+yellow+diamond+ring+Edmonton+downtown+store/8155546/story.html

"It is the stunning centrepiece of Dare to Dream, a travelling trunk show that features about 20 pieces, including a 3.06-carat, light pink, emerald cut diamond ring for $1.025 million and a 1.62-carat, fancy light blue diamond ring for $440,000. While the yellow diamond is already on display, the remaining rings will be shown in Edmonton from April 4 to 16, and will also appear at Birks stores in Calgary and Vancouver later in the year — unless they are sold first."

:love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love:

Someone has to go and take pictures!

_5181.jpg

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Arghh... Found out a few hours ago that they let go 6 people this morning. We just hired a bunch of new people recently, too, so I feel blindsided. I was rather fond of 2 of them. Feels like a rock in my stomach. Tired, distracted, overwhelmed... Just hanging in there because there is supposed to be a raise in May, and the 2nd half of my bonus end of June. The extra funds would let me wipe out the balance of my student loans. Trying to be mentally strong.

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
oh dear, PB, that's so hard to go thru work place stress. Even tho people try to say 'its JUST work'... its still where you spend 8 hours a day and a pretty large amount of your identity gets tied up in your career, when things like that happen - it hits you hard. I empathize with you - no layoffs at my office but the stress is something else and I am totally going thru the same symptoms as you are, plus a few other fun filled ones....

Hang in there. Use whatever "jedi mind tricks" you can muster, to get thru till May and being debt free will really help you feel better. Thinking of you.... :halo:

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock

Here's my little Rosebud

Rosebloom!!! Look at him!!! Oh I could just SQUISSSSSSSSHHHHHHHH those chubby chubby chubby thighs!! I love chubby thighs.... :love: (on babies ----- *SO* not cute on me :(sad )

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
missy|1365110535|3420361 said:

awwww, Rosebloom, your little one is a real cutie! And a sweetie too!! So precious!! :love:
Happy One Year Birthday little Rosebloom!!! :appl:

Darling Boy! :appl: Happy Big Birthday!

cheers--Shaorn

HopeDream

Ideal_Rock
Argh!

I ordered a new sparkly from ebay.

I was lost in the mail for a month.

Canada Post has now found it and it's in the wrong city.

I turns out the seller somehow sent it to my old address instead of the shipping address I listed on the paypal transaction :angryfire:

Canada post won't re-direct it because it is an international parcel.

The seller can't convince the UK post to redirect it either. :angryfire:

The parcel pickup slip has been delivered to my old address and I'm waiting on the honesty of the tennants not to pick it up before it's sent back.

If the parcel isn't claimed I will have to wait for it to be sent back to the UK to be sent back to the correct Canadian address.

;(

D

Deactivated member 42515

HopeDream said:
Argh!

I ordered a new sparkly from ebay.

I was lost in the mail for a month.

Canada Post has now found it and it's in the wrong city.

I turns out the seller somehow sent it to my old address instead of the shipping address I listed on the paypal transaction :angryfire:

Canada post won't re-direct it because it is an international parcel.

The seller can't convince the UK post to redirect it either. :angryfire:

The parcel pickup slip has been delivered to my old address and I'm waiting on the honesty of the tennants not to pick it up before it's sent back.

If the parcel isn't claimed I will have to wait for it to be sent back to the UK to be sent back to the correct Canadian address.

;(
That is the most annoying story I have ever heard!!!

Why won't anybody do anything! Wtf!!!

HopeDream

Ideal_Rock
Thank you for your sympathy YT - Postal bureaucracy is ridiculous!

After much worry, I was finally able to contact my old landlord who was able to rescue the parcel slip and pass it to my mom who was able to claim and re-post the parcel.

Serioulsy though, what ebayer doesn't read the shipping address from the Ebay transaction. (WTF?!?)

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Here's my little Rosebud

:love: :love: :love:

Happy b-day to your little guy! He is just so cute! I love the grin.

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
YT|1364913670|3418534 said:
Rosetta! I still can't get over how awesome it is that you came upon an AVC! If it were me, I would trade in. U like dh, I don't have an emotional attachment to my ering. Upgrade? BRING IT ON! But of course, talk to him first :)

TooPatient! I'm glad your back is feeling better! Did I miss it or did you say you will be ok for your wedding?

As for me, thanks to Sarahbear, all I have dreaming about is Thai food. Yummy yummy Thai fooooood.

Gah!!!!!

Did you know that some combination (ctrl+u maybe) causes PS to delete everything you've typed in a response?!?!!

Anyway....
The event person says it will be "twilight" and I don't think I like that. I need to call the photographer ASAP and see what they think and how far we'd need to shift to get good pictures. Hopefully the winery can get the rooms ready early enough that people can check in and have time to get ready before the wedding. Worst case, I can shift it to 5pm start and that will give the guests an hour to get ready after check-in. If we do that we'd also have to move the wine tasting because I don't want the stress of having to have myself ready in only an hour...
Might be fun to shift the tasting to between ceremony and reception (like when a cocktail hour would be). I didn't want to do that though and have people who don't want to do the tasting basically stuck sitting there. I know some don't care for wine.
Another possibility would be to shift the wine tasting to the day after the wedding so that it is after brunch and do that before people leave.

Of course the invitations are waiting for us to figure this out. I'd wanted them out by now so that people can make plans. But we did do "save the date" stuff so people at least know when & where...
Also have to decide how much of each person's room we want to pay (if any) so that people get the correct pricing when they call to reserve. We're paying all of my grandparents' room plus a couple of other people. Other than that I don't know. I think most others we'll let take care of themselves. We negotiated special pricing so it isn't too bad ($150/night for rooms that usually go for double that or more). I just don't want people to stress over stuff. I want them to come celebrate with us and enjoy.

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
300 pages of random comments! WOOOHOOO! :appl:

D

Deactivated member 42515

TooPatient said:
Rosetta! I still can't get over how awesome it is that you came upon an AVC! If it were me, I would trade in. U like dh, I don't have an emotional attachment to my ering. Upgrade? BRING IT ON! But of course, talk to him first :)

TooPatient! I'm glad your back is feeling better! Did I miss it or did you say you will be ok for your wedding?

As for me, thanks to Sarahbear, all I have dreaming about is Thai food. Yummy yummy Thai fooooood.

Gah!!!!!

Did you know that some combination (ctrl+u maybe) causes PS to delete everything you've typed in a response?!?!!

Anyway....
The event person says it will be "twilight" and I don't think I like that. I need to call the photographer ASAP and see what they think and how far we'd need to shift to get good pictures. Hopefully the winery can get the rooms ready early enough that people can check in and have time to get ready before the wedding. Worst case, I can shift it to 5pm start and that will give the guests an hour to get ready after check-in. If we do that we'd also have to move the wine tasting because I don't want the stress of having to have myself ready in only an hour...
Might be fun to shift the tasting to between ceremony and reception (like when a cocktail hour would be). I didn't want to do that though and have people who don't want to do the tasting basically stuck sitting there. I know some don't care for wine.
Another possibility would be to shift the wine tasting to the day after the wedding so that it is after brunch and do that before people leave.

Of course the invitations are waiting for us to figure this out. I'd wanted them out by now so that people can make plans. But we did do "save the date" stuff so people at least know when & where...
Also have to decide how much of each person's room we want to pay (if any) so that people get the correct pricing when they call to reserve. We're paying all of my grandparents' room plus a couple of other people. Other than that I don't know. I think most others we'll let take care of themselves. We negotiated special pricing so it isn't too bad ($150/night for rooms that usually go for double that or more). I just don't want people to stress over stuff. I want them to come celebrate with us and enjoy.
That's good! My cousin had his wedding at a winery about an hour and half from where we live. It was a beautiful place and a hotel too. Wait a minute.... What if its the same place! :)

He had the ceremony, then while the winery set up the reception area, the guests went around and tasted wine and cheese and got to see what pairs well together. And we also got to tour the mansion/hotel and the grounds. So it worked out well if you wanna do that too. An in between wine tasting. But 5pm sounds much better. You don't want twilight. I can't see anything! Is it dark, is it light out? What is it?! I'd rather it be dark or bright. Either or! You know?

Oh, and the photographs were also taken when the reception area was getting prepared. So that people didn't just wait around :) Everyone was entertained :)

I hope it goes really well for you!!! And when I figure out which winery it is, I'm gonna crash me a wedding! Woo!!

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
YT|1365311143|3421800 said:
TooPatient said:

Gah!!!!!

Anyway....

That's good! My cousin had his wedding at a winery about an hour and half from where we live. It was a beautiful place and a hotel too. Wait a minute.... What if its the same place! :)

He had the ceremony, then while the winery set up the reception area, the guests went around and tasted wine and cheese and got to see what pairs well together. And we also got to tour the mansion/hotel and the grounds. So it worked out well if you wanna do that too. An in between wine tasting. But 5pm sounds much better. You don't want twilight. I can't see anything! Is it dark, is it light out? What is it?! I'd rather it be dark or bright. Either or! You know?

Oh, and the photographs were also taken when the reception area was getting prepared. So that people didn't just wait around :) Everyone was entertained :)

I hope it goes really well for you!!! And when I figure out which winery it is, I'm gonna crash me a wedding! Woo!!

Your brother's wedding sounds amazing! It actually might be the same one! I thought this was the only winery/hotel in the area.

I've already posted in the bride & groom area so it isn't any big secret. Cave B

D

Deactivated member 42515

TooPatient said:
YT|1365311143|3421800 said:
TooPatient said:

Gah!!!!!

Anyway....

Your brother's wedding sounds amazing! It actually might be the same one! I thought this was the only winery/hotel in the area.

I've already posted in the bride & groom area so it isn't any big secret. Cave B

You made it so easy for me to be the creepy stalker :)

Holy crap lady!!!!!!!! What a beautiful place!!!! It's not the same winery but my god! Your place is beautiful! I wanna get married there! Hahaha

I'll see YOU on your wedding day! :naughty:

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks YT!

It is amazing. We stayed there for my b-day one year and it is where FI proposed. We both just fell in love with the place. The food is amazing. The wine is amazing. People will be staying in the cliff houses.
Ceremony in the Cavern Theater (the rooftop overlooking the gorge & river)
Dinner & dancing in the Estate Room
Brunch (temps permitting) on the patio overlooking the river otherwise in a room with floor to ceiling windows overlooking the river.

We had checked with a bunch of places closer to home and none of them were as nice as this. The food wasn't as good and they weren't able to really do anything vegetarian. Fine print things in the contract we couldn't live with. (Like no promise that our guests wouldn't have to park 1/2 mile away and walk if they felt like letting someone else use the parking lot. Or the small detail of them being able to change the locations we'd be using without any input from us up until the day before the wedding. Or....) To top it all off, they were all at least as much $$$ as the place we really liked (many were more $$$$!).

I haven't heard anyone complain about a 2 hour drive yet. Not sure if people are just being polite, but most seem really excited about the location. The winery will honor our special room pricing for anyone who wants to stay an extra couple of days too. One guest is already making plans for her extra couple of days with the on-site restaurant, spa, swimming pool...

Okie_girl

Shiny_Rock
Today is my partner's birthday. I miss her more every day.

justginger

Ideal_Rock
Okie_girl|1365426405|3422543 said:

Big hugs, Okie. I hope you can do something nice to mark the occasion, a glass of favorite wine or favorite meal perhaps? Something she would have enjoyed.

hawaiianorangetree

Ideal_Rock
Okie_girl|1365426405|3422543 said:

I'm sorry Okie_girl :blackeye: The first year without them and all the firsts that come with it is the hardest to bare. I lost my bf to suicide 7.5 years ago next week and while not a day has gone past where he hasn't been in my thoughts, I promise you it gets easier.

Please do something nice for yourself today, you deserve it.

gregchang35

Ideal_Rock
BIg hugs to you.

Okie_girl

Shiny_Rock
justginger, I got together with a small group of friends last night and we went to her favorite restaurant. There were quite a few laughs, and of course a few tears, but it was a good evening.

HOT, I had no idea you'd been through this. Thanks for the encouraging words that it does get easier. I made a donation to her favorite animal rescue in honor of her birthday, so that was a little something for the both of us.

Greg, thank you!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results