shape
carat
color
clarity

Anybody watching "The Following"?

lulu

Ideal_Rock
I hate to admit this, but I'm kind of caught up in it. I feel a little dirty watching it. Am I the only one? I always was an Edgar Allen Poe fan.

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
We watched the first two episodes and then I basically opted not to watch it. I have been feeling lately that I don't want anything in my life that glorifies and sensationalizes horrible acts. I stopped watching Dexter, the Following...

But it is a good show! Great acting. I just wish it was less gory and violent.

pandabee

Ideal_Rock
I watch it! On hulu though, so I'm a week behind. No spoilers! I was intrigued and I feel like we read a lot of Poe in my 7th grade English class so it's interesting to see those connections. It is a bit more gory than shows I typically like to follow though but I find it intriguing. The whole cult thing is getting a little crazy though!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
My dh watches it and I am basically on my computer (ignoring the television) most of the show sitting with him on the couch. Like Dreamer I tried watching it but found it too gory-just like Dexter as well. And the second season of American Horror Story and Boardwalk Empire. I could go on and on. All these shows are well written and entertaining up to a point however the violence is overwhelming. The violence on mainstream media is really worrisome IMO. I feel it is desensitizing a whole new generation and beyond to violence in general. Very disturbing. :((

Madam Bijoux

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I enjoy the show. Just when I think things are going in one direction, they go in another direction.
A bit of trivia: The Edgar Allen Poe house is at 7th & Spring Garden Streets in Philadelphia. He lived there for about 6 years.
Here are my predictions:
The followers will end up turning on each other.
Roderick wants to take over. If Roderick doesn't bump Prof Joe off, Joe's ex-wife will.
Big disappointment: Roderick wasn't the other FBI guy.

I read that the renewed the show for next season.

athenaworth

Ideal_Rock
Trade
I like it. I have on problem with it - aren't all jailhouse visits monitored? If I can look past that one loop hole, I enjoy it.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
athenaworth|1365035054|3419752 said:
I like it. I have on problem with it - aren't all jailhouse visits monitored? If I can look past that one loop hole, I enjoy it.

Yes! That was a problem for me too. Doesn't make sense as I do think jailhouse visits are monitored. Especially for that guy right?! My dh always says to just go with it when I point out things that don't make sense/aren't realistic. So hard for me to do lol.

gem_anemone

Brilliant_Rock
I watched the first episode and I felt it was too far fetched. I can't believe there are that many psycho followers out there that seem normal, but are really secretly dedicating their life to a serial killer (ie the two gay guy neighbors and the son's babysitter). Like-yeah right. If this is how the show was going to be I wasn't interested. I can see how it would be easy to get caught up in the twist and turns of the storyline though!

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
I love it. The acting is great, a bit creepy, but highly entertaining.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results