shape
carat
color
clarity

Thaigem.com

Rand48

Rough_Rock
Just wanted to warn anyone thinking of buying from Thiagems.com The color treated blue and red diamonds they sold me turned out to not be diamonds, had them tested at a few local jewelers with their electronic testers and same result at both jewelers, not diamonds.
I didn't spend much as it was in their auction ended up getting 4- two red two blue 0.15ct each, paid about 80.00/pc
Also got some zircons and rubies for around 40.00/pc, not going to waste money on getting those tested I figure they are probably stimulated as well.
Has anyone else purchased anything from them and had the gems tested? I am waiting for some gold ring settings from them, sure hope those aren't fake as well!

Rand.

royalstarrynight

Shiny_Rock
Thanks! Was there a return policy?

Those prices are a tad too good to be true... :twirl:

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks for the heads up. Any idea what the "diamonds" turned out to be? Coloured CZ? Yes, I would verify that the settings aren't gold plated or filled instead.

Kismet

Ideal_Rock
thaigem.com brings me to the jtv website and thaigems.com doesn't bring me to any sort of store but is just a webpage with links along the side.

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Kismet|1364911955|3418526 said:
thaigem.com brings me to the jtv website and thaigems.com doesn't bring me to any sort of store but is just a webpage with links along the side.

+1
Perhaps the OP misspelled it.

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Isn't there an Ebay store with a similar name? Wasn't it one that some of us purchased from and they were crud? Do you remember the owner even came on here with an offensive attitude?

Sorry too lazy to search!

Deathspi

Shiny_Rock
Premium
The only one I can think of is Thaigemstore, but I'm sure there are plenty with a similar name...

pamntx

Rough_Rock
ThiaGems was part of JTV at one time, but have been closed for over 5 yrs. The eBay one is not affiliated from my understanding, just a name coincidence.
Yes, there is a thiagems on eBay...plus a couple of others with very similiar names. I would suggest that if you even think about buying from someone on eBay you should read all of their negative feedback. I never buy from anyone with feedback from several such as, " I have never gotten my item purchased" or " fake stone", "turned out to be glass". Even if there are quite a few good reviews I listen to the bad ones first and try to use my gut instinct. I try to read and see also if many of the positive feedbacks are written by only a few different buyers who may have written many reviews just for the seller to look good. I have mostly had very good buys on eBay with careful purchases PLUS..eBay has refunded all the ones I had trouble with, about 5 out of over 100 jewelry or gemstone buys. Look for their eBay Buyer Protectetion listed on the listing.
I will brag on one of my best buys about 4 months ago. I bought a very nice 15.5 carat deep blue/purple Tanzanite with diamonds framed around the main stone, 18 kt ring from a dealer out of Isreal. I bought the ring in auction for $2088 and took it to a very reputable jeweler for her appraised value. She wrote it up as $14,400 for my insurance replacement value and told me that it would sell in her store for no less than $8600. It is beautiful and I have bought 2 more items from this seller since. You just have to do a little homework at times and also don't be afraid to ask the seller any questions you might have. A honest seller will be forthcoming and concise, not evasive as some will be or act dumb. Many will give you their phone number if you want to speak directly to them.
If you cannot correspond with them clearly, just move on and something else will come along. Do not do business with anyone that cannot correspond with you in your own language. I hope this helps a little.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results