shape
carat
color
clarity

I just wanna say -- the random comments thread

JewelFreak

Ideal_Rock
Rosetta, so glad he's okay!!! That is very scary stuff. Happened to me when I was 9 & choked on a piece of steak in a restaurant. Just as I was starting to see stars & pass out, they got it dislodged. I can imagine how terrified you were but you coped well!

--- Laurie

Sparklelu

Brilliant_Rock
Rosetta- Glad he is OK and so are you! Thank God you knew what to do. Many folks just panic.
My friend a nurse had to do an emergency trach on her dad! She used a BIC pen. She said she was 100times more nervous on her dad than any patient she had every worked on.

04diamond<3

Ideal_Rock
Aw, Rosetta! That's is so terrifying! My DH had this happen two nights ago with some bacon. It's definitely a scary thing. I'm so glad he's ok! It's also a good thing you knew what to do!

iLander

Ideal_Rock
I once almost choked and DH picked me up and tossed me around like a rag doll (I think that was the Heimlich :) ) and out popped whatever I was eating. The strange part was not being able to talk, it was weird.

After that, I looked up a way to do self Heimlich, it involves a chair. You can google it if you can spell it, which I obviously can't.

iLander

Ideal_Rock
Random comment; Nothing gets your mind off your troubles faster than thinking about someone else for a while . . . :bigsmile:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
iLander|1364332135|3413944 said:
Random comment; Nothing gets your mind off your troubles faster than thinking about someone else for a while . . . :bigsmile:

So true iLander!

Results of biopsy- doctor called us last night and it's benign! Thank you PSers for all your good thoughts and wishes!

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
CONGRATULATIONS!!! What GREAT news Missy!!! :appl: :appl: YAY DH!!! :appl: :appl:

JewelFreak

Ideal_Rock
missy|1364383939|3414389 said:
Results of biopsy- doctor called us last night and it's benign! Thank you PSers for all your good thoughts and wishes!

:appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl:

See? PS Dust WORKS!! Wonderful news!

--- Laurie

Polished

Brilliant_Rock
Hi olandailso3, welcome!

I'm so glad the husbands are out of danger - missy and Rosetta. I'm definitely going to be researching the Heimlich manoeuvre. Very scary.

rosetta

Ideal_Rock
Rosebloom, YT, missy, Enerchi, VRBeauty, JewelFreak, Elisateach, 04diamond<3, iLander and Polished

THANK YOU ALL for your good wishes! Husband also says thank you to "all my PS buddies!" :D

Missy, I'm so happy that the biopsy is benign, I hope you guys are celebrating the news! :appl:

SB621

Ideal_Rock
E- thank you i felt much better! just had to scream it out I guess.

Missy- so glad the test results came back in our/ yours/ his favor!!!! I have been thinking about your guys!

Rosetta- How scarey!!!! I can't even imagine. I just signed up for a course that will teach me how to do the heimlick (Sp?) and then CPR. I have toddlers are home and I feel I have been putting this off. Once I read your story I signed up asap.

Okie_girl

Shiny_Rock
Missy- great news! I'm sure you and your husband are both very relieved!

Rosetta - so glad your husband is okay. I had to do the Heimlich on a friend once, she was choking on a malted milk ball. It was a scary situation for me, so I can only imagine how scared and shook up you and your husband felt!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you Enerchi, Laurie, Polished, Rosetta, Sarah and Okie!! We really appreciate all your good vibes!

Sarah!!! Isn't your ring coming today? So excited for you! :love:

justginger

Ideal_Rock
Uni full time, fostering full time, and working part time is really cutting into my PS time... :nono: :lol:

Nyc2chigal

Shiny_Rock
Dang this Chickean Ceasar Salad is GOOD! :lickout:

Is that random?

Cozystitches

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
How did I just now realize that the big mandated state test is in 2 weeks? I've spent all day working (during my spring break) what a sad day.... ;( And this realization just makes me feel like I've failed... :(sad

Rosebloom

Ideal_Rock
justginger said:
Uni full time, fostering full time, and working part time is really cutting into my PS time... :nono: :lol:
I miss your posts! I started working again recently and am also having trouble finding my bling time. Sigh.

SB621

Ideal_Rock
missy|1364391260|3414450 said:
Thank you Enerchi, Laurie, Polished, Rosetta, Sarah and Okie!! We really appreciate all your good vibes!

We had a mistake with the ring. It had single prongs when I wanted double. VC is being amazing and completely redoing the ring so he will have to restart from scratch. I cant believe how fantastic has been through all this since the mistake was half my fault.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sarahbear621|1364433543|3414977 said:

We had a mistake with the ring. It had single prongs when I wanted double. VC is being amazing and completely redoing the ring so he will have to restart from scratch. I cant believe how fantastic has been through all this since the mistake was half my fault.

I know, he is really amazing! I wouldn't hesitate to do a custom piece with Victor. I think he is awesome!! I cannot wait to see your final ring Sarah... Sorry it has been held up a bit but I know it will be worth the wait!

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
Missy is tomorrow the day?

justginger

Ideal_Rock
Sarahbear621|1364433543|3414977 said:

Oh no, Sarah, disappointing that your wait will be longer. But to redo it all from scratch?! - excellent customer service!! :appl:

justginger

Ideal_Rock
Rosetta, your post made my heart race. I don't think I would have been able to pull it off. I must call St John and arrange to do a life saving course during my upcoming uni break. Thank God you kept your cool.

And Missy, what relief for you and your DH. I hope you've enjoyed a celebratory dinner and drinks. :appl:

rosetta

Ideal_Rock
justginger|1364436331|3415014 said:
Rosetta, your post made my heart race. I don't think I would have been able to pull it off. I must call St John and arrange to do a life saving course during my upcoming uni break. Thank God you kept your cool.

And Missy, what relief for you and your DH. I hope you've enjoyed a celebratory dinner and drinks. :appl:

Oh yes please do, it's very important! This is one of those situations when an ambulance will never get there in time :-o

Thanks for your thoughts, and you too Okie girl. I'm just glad my ordeal has inspired some PSers to get some essential life saving skills. You never think it's going to be you.....

Sarah, Victor has really gone up in my estimation :appl:

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Missy -- Great to hear! I'm so glad the tests came back with good news.

Rosetta -- Eek! How scary. I'm glad your husband is okay!
We live about 1 mile straight down the road from the fire department, but I know every second counts in something like that. I've never liked the emergency medical classes. I really HATE them. Do you know if it possible to get one-on-one training on stuff like that? I'd love to know how to handle a situation if needed, but the couple of classes I took just had too many people to really be useful. It sounds like getting more personal training on how to help your specific SO & family might be a good idea so you aren't trying to translate what you learned in ideal conditions to the body shape/size of your loved one.

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Rosebloom|1364255783|3413290 said:
missy said:
TooPatient- I'm sorry-that is not a fun situation to be in. Personally, I am now pretty good at setting boundaries so I would be OK with saying no but I understand how that isn't always the easiest path to take. Hoping it goes better than expected!

TP - unlike Missy, I am horrible at setting boundaries but even I would say no to this. If its his first Fathers Day with her in 8 years you can't possibly ask him to share it with his ex's sister. I hope you find a good solution.

Rosebloom -- I agree! The whole thing is crazy. He really doesn't care about "Hallmark holidays" but I think he needs to have something special for the day. We did spend the day with her last year, but the entire day (down to the movie we saw) was directed by a 3rd party nut-job who came along for the day.

Missy -- Thanks. I generally try to not get into conflict but have gotten pretty good at setting boundaries. The problem here is that the person in question is not exactly mentally stable. She does have enough money to make our lives miserable and expensive for the next few years if we upset her though. (as in monthly court visits, home inspections, and more 10's of thousands in $$$). Since she already did that to us last year it isn't a small concern...

I'm so frustrated with this. SO doesn't like this person. Never has. She's got a few screws loose and is vindictive to match. He doesn't see any possible way to say no to her without causing the potential for hurt feelings and a big melt down. She usually only makes it out once a year or so. Of course she's also extremely flakey. There is a real chance that she'll change her mind and head to Hawaii from her last stop instead of a couple of days here or decide that when she asked to "crash on our couch" she actually meant a nice guest room (which we don't have so she'd actually be crashing on the couch) so a hotel would be better.

I've got a couple of more days to contemplate before I have to respond. Hopefully I can come up with something that will let us say no without risking major drama. I REALLY REALLY don't want to start the expectation that she can stay with us when she's in town. It may be only one night this time but what about next time :errrr:

rosetta

Ideal_Rock
TooPatient|1364480795|3415272 said:
Missy -- Great to hear! I'm so glad the tests came back with good news.

Rosetta -- Eek! How scary. I'm glad your husband is okay!
We live about 1 mile straight down the road from the fire department, but I know every second counts in something like that. I've never liked the emergency medical classes. I really HATE them. Do you know if it possible to get one-on-one training on stuff like that? I'd love to know how to handle a situation if needed, but the couple of classes I took just had too many people to really be useful. It sounds like getting more personal training on how to help your specific SO & family might be a good idea so you aren't trying to translate what you learned in ideal conditions to the body shape/size of your loved one.

I think the best thing to do is to call around the first aid training courses in your area and ask about the size of their groups. Less than 10/15 is good enough, honestly. But if you want one on one, just ask if they will do a session. Itll be more expensive of course.

If you have other family members you don't know first aid, get together and book the class only for your family. You must take a class for paediatric first aid if you have young kids/planning to have kids. They will cover stuff like what do if they are choking, drowning, burns etc. Basic first aid translates very well to body size etc. You don't have to modify very much, except of course for small children.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ugh, what a yucky situation to be in-you really have no clear or good option. :(( So sorry about this TooPatient. :nono:
Here's hoping she flakes and goes to Hawaii!!

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sorry you're in a fix TooPatient! I don't know, since it's only one night it might be easier to just let her stay - but I see your point about setting a precedent - ugh, I hate situations like this, no easy answer! I just can't really think of a good excuse for you to use. Maybe you could remind her she really would be sleeping on the couch? That might discourage her!

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
junebug17|1364483200|3415294 said:
Sorry you're in a fix TooPatient! I don't know, since it's only one night it might be easier to just let her stay - but I see your point about setting a precedent - ugh, I hate situations like this, no easy answer! I just can't really think of a good excuse for you to use. Maybe you could remind her she really would be sleeping on the couch? That might discourage her!

That's what I'm hoping. She and her husband have a rather large house with all sorts of guest rooms and extra space. We've got a cramped home office (no hope for fitting even a twin sized air mattress), our room, and "A's" room. The living room has two couches to choose from (neither pull out)..... plus four cats and a dog who all like to snuggle with people.

Of course the night before, she'll be sleeping on the floor of her sister's bedroom...

This woman is the oddest combination of high-maintenance all-inclusive resort person and tight wad all in one! She did this last summer too -- invited herself to stay as a guest at someone's house, offered to take to dinner, then showed up and invited people to meet her there before going out. She didn't even have the courtesy to say she'd be joining for dinner or not. I guess she even went so far as to make solid dinner plans then not bother to come back until 10pm or later and was offended that they'd had pizza ordered in when she was taking them out for dinner :rolleyes:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results