shape
carat
color
clarity

Diamonds by Dino - Fraudsters - Avoid!

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Please see the full thread on the disgraceful, dishonest and untruthful sales tactics of the company that call themselves Diamonds by Dino who have their own website and also sell on Ebay.

[URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/fancy-intense-green-fcd-need-opinions-kenny.182076/']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/fancy-intense-green-fcd-need-opinions-kenny.182076/[/URL]

This double thread is the hope that any internet search on this company will alert customers to this company.

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
LD: did you see the post I just made to the other thread? They go by The Loose Diamond also. I am sure they must use other names as well in order to sustain themselves in the business, don't you think?

Dino: Why don't you pay us a visit and explain yourself? You have a standing invitation to show us you're not the fraudulent, corrupt coward you appear to be :saint:

justginger

Ideal_Rock
Good thinking, LD. Hopefully this will alert people who Google for Diamonds by Dino or diamondsbydino or The Loose Diamond that they're potentially purchasing from a big fat fraudster. :nono:

DianaS

Rough_Rock
They also go by the following names:

bridalqueenjewelry
blueapplediamonds
naturaldiamondcenter
diamondsbydino
majestic_diamonds
naturalpinkdiamonds.

Hope this helps!

monkeydogsundog

Rough_Rock
LD|1354383999|3319968 said:
Please see the full thread on the disgraceful, dishonest and untruthful sales tactics of the company that call themselves Diamonds by Dino who have their own website and also sell on Ebay.

[URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/fancy-intense-green-fcd-need-opinions-kenny.182076/']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/fancy-intense-green-fcd-need-opinions-kenny.182076/[/URL]

This double thread is the hope that any internet search on this company will alert customers to this company.

Since this guy clearly can't be selling rings that were auctioned off at sotheby's and whatnot, what do you think the customers are getting instead?

aaronl

Rough_Rock
monkeydogsundog|1363045951|3402420 said:
Since this guy clearly can't be selling rings that were auctioned off at sotheby's and whatnot, what do you think the customers are getting instead?
The listing for the $500K ring says, "Every item is custom made from scratch and it will take time up to 21 business day", so in the case of a ring I expect they're getting a cheap knock-off. The equivalent of the proverbial $20 Rolex.

For some of the other pieces, I have to wonder if he ships the actual item in the photograph and hopes that the buyer doesn't verify that they received what they ordered.

JewelFreak

Ideal_Rock
They're not even getting knockoffs. I put this on the other thread but it is better here:

Wondering how they supply a customer anything remotely resembling their stolen photos, I looked up complaints against them. It seems they don't bother with similarity. This is from a complaint board.

They operate under 4 different names: DiamondsbyDino, TheLooseDiamond, Blue Apple Diamonds, The Natural Diamond.

Here is the complaint, posted just 2 days ago. Don't know why they aren't in jail!

"DIAMONDS BY DINO
Posted: 2013-03-10 by ds2

FALSE ADVERTISING / PRODUCT ISSUES / FRAUD

Contact information:
THE LOOSE DIAMOND INC
California
United States
ALSO KNOWS AS:THE LOOSE DIAMOND INC

Los Angeles, California
United States

THELOOSEDIAMOND.COM

I PURCHASED THE FOLLOWING ON EBAY FROM BLUE APPLE DIAMONDS (ALSO KNOWN AS NATURAL DIAMOND CENTER, THE LOOSE DIAMOND INC, DIAMONDS BY DINO)

2.41 tcw Princess Certified H VS2 Diamond Three 3-Stone Engagement... (140887730069)
center diamond: 0.91 ct VS2 H
additional 1.50 ct in setting, all VS2 H color

I received:

1.61 tcw Diamond Three 3-Stone Engagement ring
.90 ct center (approx) I1 clarity, fracture filled and J color
additional 0.70 ct in setting
but with a false certificate and appraisal claiming:
2.41 tcw Princess Certified H VS2 Diamond Three 3-Stone Engagement ring
center diamond: 0.91 ct VS2 H
additional 1.50 ct in setting, all VS2 H color

This company is famous for selling you one thing and sending out something completely different with false certificates and appraisals.
Anyone who leaves negative feedback on EBay for them is bribed (they will give money) into removing it.
After 4 months of back and forth with them, including sending the ring back and receiving another claiming to be a VS1 G (actual is SI2 at most) they have stated that there is nothing else they can do to remedy and it is not their fault if I am not happy with what I have purchased. They are content to leave it at that as I waited patiently for them to remedy the situation and by then my time was up for leaving EBay feedback
CHECK BBB BEFORE PURCHASING !!! BUSINESS NAME : THE LOOSE DIAMOND INC"

GregS

Brilliant_Rock
I messaged them a while back feigning interest in one of their stones. I asked for a handshot (not much to ask on a several thousand dollar diamond) and they said they would get back to me in a week. They never got back to me and the stone remained unsold, weird. :confused:

Icelover

Shiny_Rock
They are definitely fraudulent. Last year they listed a few fancy pinks on eBay for ridiculously cheap. They said the stones were available in Los Angeles and can be viewed. I had my jeweller check it out and they happened to be natural very light pink stones and not fancy pinks and even the carat weight and clarity was off. They didnt post certificates with the ebay listing. Anyone who dont post certificate numbers or certificates are most likely looking to cheat customers. I'm surprised eBay is doing nothing about it coz they claim to have a strong customer protection thing going on. I would advice everyone to stay miles away from that company and from any other companies run by them.

SB621

Ideal_Rock
They have been using pictures off PS of PSers rings too. I know Charmypoo's Leon is on there and I thought I recongized a few other rings too though I don't remember whose pictures they were.

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sarahbear621|1364227987|3412954 said:
They have been using pictures off PS of PSers rings too. I know Charmypoo's Leon is on there and I thought I recongized a few other rings too though I don't remember whose pictures they were.

This is really unfortunate. I hope it does not result in members not feeling comfortable posting their creations.

Justin_Cutter

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks LD! Hopefully this thread will save future buyers some heart ache.
~Justin

CharmyPoo

Ideal_Rock
This guy uses my Matyal halo ring pictures all the time. I can't get his auctions down fast enough. He ignores my emails and ebay doesn't do much to help.

SB621

Ideal_Rock
CharmyPoo|1364462717|3415175 said:
This guy uses my Matyal halo ring pictures all the time. I can't get his auctions down fast enough. He ignores my emails and ebay doesn't do much to help.

Sorry Charmy! I meant to put Matyal, but was thinking of the Leon ring DBD posted as well. My apologies.

FWIW I know someone that works in the fraud department of ebay. Because it is only your word vs. the vendor on whose picture it is they can't really take action. At least that is what I have been told in the past. :nono:

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
So is the answer that we all start putting hallmarks on photos - but then they would probably just crop around it. There has got to be a way to prevent this.

orbaya

Brilliant_Rock
minousbijoux|1364246720|3413162 said:
Sarahbear621|1364227987|3412954 said:

This is really unfortunate. I hope it does not result in members not feeling comfortable posting their creations.

Unfortunately, I have the feeling that people are going to have to watermark their pictures in a place that can't be cropped out.

eta: I should have read ahead and I wold have seen the post about the marking.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The only way to mark it so that it cannot be removed it to have it on the item itself. Yes, it can spoil the view but what other choice do we have?

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results