shape
carat
color
clarity

is blue fluor available at all in lab-grown diamonds?

trishy

Shiny_Rock
I love
30.gif
me some blue fluor in a diamond... Is it available? Or rather can it be grown? Specifically in white diamonds... But blue fluor in any color diamond is my question, really... Also I''m curious... is it at different levels like faint, medium, strong, very strong? or is it one standard fluor or no fluor option?
Can anyone please post some pics of lab grown diamonds showing the different colors of fluor available? (I''d love to see the orange and any other colors if possible) I can''t wait to see the strength at which the stones will glow under the UV lights!!
Thank you in advance...
4.gif

EEFranklin

Shiny_Rock
Trade
Fluorescence does exist in lab diamonds and is graded on the same scale as mined diamonds (faint, medium, strong, etc.). We have refined our process enough so that nearly all of our diamonds do not exhibit fluorescence, though I am not sure about fluorescence in Apollo, Gemesis or Chatham''s diamonds. In the last few years, less than 2% of our diamonds exhibit fluorescence, with most of those being faint or weak.

I don''t think I have any, but if I can find some old pictures showing fluorescence, I will post them.

chictomato

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Are you located in Singapore? I have seen some very good cut D color (GIA) VS clarity. .70 to 1 carat diamond last month from Taka Jewellery.

chictomato

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Oops sorry miss out the important part:) they are strong blue as stated in GIA cert and I saw 2 which are very strong blue. Priced around SGD $4500 for the .70 carat.

Circe

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Hi, Eric (and other experts) - I had the thread reopened, as I didn't realize how active this forum had become!

I'm one of the weirdos who loves fluorescence, and sees it as a benefit. If you've figured out how to control the process sufficiently to take fluor out, could you conceivably do a custom order that deliberately adds it back in? The idea of being able to special order a very strong blue makes me very happy .....

periwinklegirl

Brilliant_Rock
And me. But maybe it's not something that can be requested?
If D.NEA's trying to eliminate it?

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Add me to that list of ladies that love it. I have a pipe dream of a yellow pear diamond with syf to make a bypass ring. I think it'll be very hard to find a mined one, and I wish I could get a MMD

thorns

Rough_Rock
A gemesis diamond I looked at a couple of months ago was bright yellow with strong green fluorescence.

EEFranklin

Shiny_Rock
Trade
Fluorescence isn't really something that can be added on a per-stone basis during growth. Treatment usually adds fluorescence though. An HPHT grown yellow diamond can be HPHT color treated to remove some orange color and add strong green fluorescence. The fluorescence is usually a highlighter neon greenish-yellow type of color and is noticeable in sunlight. The HPHT treatment process can lower the clarity a grade or so and the diamond has to be repolished afterward, so it best to be done on high clarity rough or diamonds that will be recut anyways.

@Circe - As far as I'm aware, we can't intentionally add strong blue fluorescence to a white diamond.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results