shape
carat
color
clarity

what song(s) brings back the most memories for you ?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Iceman

Brilliant_Rock
Im 50 and if I can make it to 75 years old that means I have 25 Summers left ! Skydiving, I will never do again. Scuba Diving , your right there is a lot of things that are alive down there. The Grand Canyon, we Hike that almost every other years, 40 miles 50 to 60lb backpacks. The Marron Bells are right outside of Aspen. That is a week long loupe that takes you over a hand full of 12,000 ft peaks. The broken Collar bone was my own fault. We hired a guide to take us down the back side of Snow King Mt. In Jackson Hole,WY. I passed him thinking I was better. Well , I took a wrong turn
7.gif
My other favorite past time is hiking the highest point in each state. Only 150 people in the world have done all 50 states, Im up to 36 of them.

When Im 90 I want my grandkids to say, Grandpa you are the biggest BS''er or I have pictures or scars to prove it.

I was suppose to climb Kilomanjaro for my 50th birthday, but my son enlisted (he was suppose to go) so I cancelled the trip
7.gif

Diamonds4Me

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 2/9/2005 10:39:28 AM
Author: Iceman
Im 50 and if I can make it to 75 years old that means I have 25 Summers left ! Skydiving, I will never do again. Scuba Diving , your right there is a lot of things that are alive down there. The Grand Canyon, we Hike that almost every other years, 40 miles 50 to 60lb backpacks. The Marron Bells are right outside of Aspen. That is a week long loupe that takes you over a hand full of 12,000 ft peaks. The broken Collar bone was my own fault. We hired a guide to take us down the back side of Snow King Mt. In Jackson Hole,WY. I passed him thinking I was better. Well , I took a wrong turn
7.gif
My other favorite past time is hiking the highest point in each state. Only 150 people in the world have done all 50 states, Im up to 36 of them.

When Im 90 I want my grandkids to say, Grandpa you are the biggest BS''er or I have pictures or scars to prove it.

I was suppose to climb Kilomanjaro for my 50th birthday, but my son enlisted (he was suppose to go) so I cancelled the trip
7.gif
Well I hope you have 50+ summers left. People are living longer and longer now
1.gif
. If you don''t mind me asking, what made you not want to go skydiving again? I know my reasons..but, hey, you never know. My grandparents have been to the Grand Canyon several times and they''ve always brought me back beautiful handmade jewelry. As far as the Marron Bells...I don''t know if I could last a week...that''s a lot of walkin''! Wow, only a 150 people and you''re on 36. Not bad! Mt. Mitchell is NC''s highest peak at 6,684ft. But I have to warn you that it''s very sad at the top of the mountain..at least it was when I was there about 7 or 8 years ago. Acid rain has really taken it''s toll on the plant life. I don''t recall seeing a single tree with leaves on it
7.gif
7.gif
But still a great view. It could be 80 degrees at the base but really chilly at the top.

Iceman

Brilliant_Rock
Skydiving, I hit hard and I was lucky I didnt brake my legs :) To many things could go wrong and no were to fix them. Look at the penalty for failure! Its one off my check list.

I did Mt.Mitchell in December ! That was a drive up. It does not matter how you get to the top as long as you have your picture taken there. Mt. Mitchell as you know is a drive up. Not like the 10 hour hike up Mt Elbert in Co that Ive done. Anyway we get about a mile from the top and the road is closed! I have a Hummer so I went around the road block with everybody in the car yelling at me to not do it. I get out of the H2 and fell on my back it was pure ice. I struggled up the steps with my camera and tripod in hand to summit the top of the mountain. 20 mph winds and 0 degrees. I get my picture taken and when I got back to my H2 the police were waiting to give me a $120 ticket. Now West Virginia should have been closed and it was not. We are talking 9 miles of shear drop off and one lane roads with 2 to 3 feet of snow on them . The fun part is finding the USGA marking to the highest point. Iowa is under a hogs trauf in a farmers yard! Some are walk ups, others are days hiking.

Queenofhearts

Rough_Rock
A lot of nostaglic memories being brought back.

High School Years
Hearts Dreamboat Annie Album /also self titled Album Heart
Chicago''s You are my Inspiration dated my true love the year that it came out.
Journey''s Don''t Stop Believing and Faithfully
Styx Babe, and Lady
Queen-Bohemian Rhapsody

Now I have a very round eclectic taste dating back to the Classical Genre to the current Alternative. I love having an open mind.

17.gif

Kamuelamom

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 2/9/2005 4:28:58 PM
Skydiving, I hit hard and I was lucky I didnt brake my legs :) To many things could go wrong and no were to fix them. Look at the penalty for failure! Its one off my check list.
Hey there Ice, it''s great to see you!
36.gif

We just had a report of a guy, an avid skydiver who fell to his death this weekend. He jumped all the time. Something went wrong with his chute and yup, he paid the penalty for the fall.
8.gif
The only consolation his friends and family have is that he died doing what he loved.

DH went on a dive when we were just dating. I remember going to wish him luck and pray his safe return. Thankfully it was a tandem dive because his instructor had to pull his chute open since he forgot; he was so into the freefall that he FORGOT!!
39.gif
It was his one and only time, even he said it''s not for him. Thank God.
9.gif

Kamuelamom

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 2/9/2005 9:31:22 AM
Wow, am I that old ?
Yep Ice, you are OLD!
11.gif
But mighty FINE lookin'' old!!
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

J/K....................
9.gif
35.gif

Diamonds4Me

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 2/9/2005 4:28:58 PM

I did Mt.Mitchell in December ! That was a drive up. It does not matter how you get to the top as long as you have your picture taken there. Mt. Mitchell as you know is a drive up. Not like the 10 hour hike up Mt Elbert in Co that Ive done. Anyway we get about a mile from the top and the road is closed! I have a Hummer so I went around the road block with everybody in the car yelling at me to not do it. I get out of the H2 and fell on my back it was pure ice. I struggled up the steps with my camera and tripod in hand to summit the top of the mountain. 20 mph winds and 0 degrees. I get my picture taken and when I got back to my H2 the police were waiting to give me a $120 ticket. Now West Virginia should have been closed and it was not. We are talking 9 miles of shear drop off and one lane roads with 2 to 3 feet of snow on them . The fun part is finding the USGA marking to the highest point. Iowa is under a hogs trauf in a farmers yard! Some are walk ups, others are days hiking.
Yikes! A $120 ticket...lol. Not funny..but sort of it
4.gif
Yes, it is a drive up. I haven''t been up there in years but when I went it was in July and I remember wishing I had a sweatshirt with me. I think I did have my picture taken up there but I don''t have it anymore. Since you were at Mt. Mitchell, did you visit Grandfather Mountain? I''ve been twice...the first time I wouldn''t step foot on the mile high bridge. The second trip I got halfway across and had to high-tail it back to the main rock. I couldn''t take that rocking and swinging even though it''s anchored pretty well to the mountain. That''s a long way down! Plus they have a mini zoo and you get to see bald eagles and otters and mountain lions and such. Pretty cool.

Oooh, yes..the penalties of skydiving can be great. No thanks. I like my feet planted firmly on the ground, I thank you
16.gif
But I''m sure it''s an experience you''ll never forget. I can only imagine what it would feel like to free fall a distance like that. I say that because at Carowinds they have a ride called the Drop Zone and even though you''re strapped in you are pretty much floating on the way down because your rear end is not really touching the seat. We''d get in trouble all the time when we rode it because we''d take pennies and hold them out and watch them float down with us. We were kids
2.gif
lol. It was funny when you''d get to the bottom because you''d hear pennies from all sides making that "ting" noise as they hit the pavement. There were 16 seats so there were approx. 16 pennies every time, lol. It was a hoot!

KMom, glad your husband had some help there! And glad to hear that he came to his senses afterwards
2.gif
I freak out when my h2b flies...I''d have a heart attack if he told me he was going skydiving.
38.gif
I am not the clingy, bossy type but I''m afraid I would have to put my foot down on that one.

Hmm...I feel like some music
37.gif

Diamonds4Me

Brilliant_Rock
Another singer that sort of describes 'me' at one point in my life is Paula Cole..three songs off of her CD 'This Fire' are 'Tiger', 'Me' and 'Throwing Stones'. Good CD.

Iceman

Brilliant_Rock
I can still picture the plane flying away as I kept falling, yes something I will never forget!

Mt. Mitchell Hey, your first High point congratulations. That is a beautiful area.

Iceman

Brilliant_Rock
J/K

Still think about you and Hawaii, Thats another high point I have not yet done :)

babblingal

Shiny_Rock
I don''t know about anyone else, but I sure have had funny feelings when songs I remember from days gone by are on the radio and the present scene does not even faintly resemble the past! I was driving with my kids, age 9 and 4, and the song "And She was..." by the Talking Heads comes on the radio. My *memory* associated with that song is me dancing on the top of a bar in Mazatlan, Mexico during the Spring Break of my Freshman year at college then fast forward to now... I am driving in my minivan with the kids in their carseats and it feels a little surreal!

F&I, both of my kids were danced around the kitchen to "Into the Mystic" when we brought them home from the hospital, it is one of my favorite Van Morrison songs. In our house we dance in the kitchen a lot, so much so that if my kids see people dancing, they observe "Hey, that guy isn''t in the kitchen!" Kitchen dancing began when my husband and I were newly married. Whoever got home from work first would throw on the radio and begin dinner prep, then when the second person got home, we''d dance in the kitchen to whatever was playing while we got dinner ready. It became a habit and now it is a tradition in our family to dance in the kitchen.

My favorite song to dance with my husband to in our kitchen is Harvest Moon by Neil Young. The kids and I dance around to the Shrek soundtracks!

We had two songs we played at our wedding, the song September from the Fantastiks and Follow You, Follow Me by Genesis. The Genesis song we thought appropriate due to my husband''s career in the military that would cause a lot of following! LOL

Recently I made a DVD with pictures set to music of the 16 years of history leading up to my husband''s recent promotion. He was blown away by all of the songs I picked. I''ve always been a person who associated special times in my life with the music that accompanied them. When Dateline NBC used to have their "Timeline" I could always get the year right because I could remember the year of the song!

BLINGQUEEN

Shiny_Rock
By all means ENDLESS LOVE!The movie, the book, and the song. Of course, we ALL remember the BOOK. Any one else get it taken away from them in Jr.High and have to have your MOM come talk to the principal
emembarrassed.gif
Or maybe that was just me.
My kids laugh at my recollection of the days with 3 channels on the tv, cartoons on saturday mornings only(with the exception of Charlie Brown specials sprinkled troughout the year) and NO REMOTE CONTROL!!!Heck, back then, your kids WERE the remote control!!
9.gif
Hey, kid, change the channel will ya, and adjust the ''rabbit ears'', and stand upside down with tin foil wrapped around your foot touching the antena!!There, don''t move till wrestling goes off!!
Man, I was 10 years old before I realized the 1st part of The Wizard of Oz was in b/w. I always had to watch the tiny old b/w tv in my parents room til the commercial AFTER she landed and opened the door!!
emrainbow.gif
That was the best part!!Man, I need a few more years of therapy to get over that!!
And what about ''SCHOOL HOUSE ROCK'' aaaahhh, those were the days!

Kamuelamom

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 2/14/2005 3
6.gif
8:21 AM
Author: BLINGQUEEN
By all means ENDLESS LOVE!The movie, the book, and the song. Of course, we ALL remember the BOOK. Any one else get it taken away from them in Jr.High and have to have your MOM come talk to the principal
emembarrassed.gif
Or maybe that was just me.
My kids laugh at my recollection of the days with 3 channels on the tv, cartoons on saturday mornings only(with the exception of Charlie Brown specials sprinkled troughout the year) and NO REMOTE CONTROL!!!Heck, back then, your kids WERE the remote control!!
9.gif
Hey, kid, change the channel will ya, and adjust the 'rabbit ears', and stand upside down with tin foil wrapped around your foot touching the antena!!There, don't move till wrestling goes off!!
Man, I was 10 years old before I realized the 1st part of The Wizard of Oz was in b/w. I always had to watch the tiny old b/w tv in my parents room til the commercial AFTER she landed and opened the door!!
emrainbow.gif
That was the best part!!Man, I need a few more years of therapy to get over that!!
And what about 'SCHOOL HOUSE ROCK' aaaahhh, those were the days!
My age detector tells me you are in your early 40s.
9.gif
Except I never read the book Endless Love, I only saw the movie.

Conjunction, junction, what's your function? Hookin' up words and phrases and clauses......
9.gif

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
the song of the day "my valentine" by Martina McBride.... Happy V-Day.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
bump.... for new members

Kamuelamom

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 7/17/2005 5:16:37 AM
Author: Dancing Fire
bump.... for new members
Hey DF, speaking of bump, how bout Do the Hustle for some old 70/80 dancing music?
9.gif
Also, remember "the bump" dance move?
9.gif

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 7/18/2005 3:29:45 AM
Author: Kamuelamom

bump.... for new members
Hey DF, speaking of bump, how bout Do the Hustle for some old 70/80 dancing music?
9.gif
Also, remember ''the bump'' dance move?
9.gif
K-mom
WOW!!! LOL...Van McCovy, that''s 30 yrs ago.i''m not that old.
2.gif

Kamuelamom

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 7/18/2005 7:00:23 PM

Date: 7/18/2005 3:29:45 AM
Author: Kamuelamom

bump.... for new members
9.gif
Also, remember ''the bump'' dance move?
9.gif
K-mom
WOW!!! LOL...Van McCovy, that''s 30 yrs ago.i''m not that old.
2.gif
Yeah right, DF, get over it.
20.gif
You''re in denial. You''re old.
24.gif

9.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results