carat
color
clarity

Help - Can't Use My Hands

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
minousbijoux|1363391533|3405936 said:
Thanks, Preg. I think this will be my last post for a while, as I finally went back to the doctor due to pain in my supposedly not badly injured hand and it turns out my dogs broke a bone in my hand/wrist. Now I have a cast (feels sooooo much better in a cast :praise: ) so I can't type, other than with one hand...thanks for all well wishes! I promise I'll be back soon. :wavey:

I just found this thread. I can't believe what you have been through! My daughter broke a small bone-I think a tiny bone-in her wrist her last year in high school (2010) on the skating rink and had to have it in a cast. I hope your wrist heals as well as hers did!

Of course you cannot give away a 9-year-old dog!!! As long as the puppy will go to a good home, all will be well. But it is sad that you and he will be parted. Once you love a dog, it is terrible to part with him!

I am very sorry that you have suffered so much, mb.

Major hugs,
Deb

GemFever

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Minous, I'm glad your broken hand is feeling better in a cast.

You mentioned that you like uplifting animal youtube videos, have you seen this one? I teared up at how wonderful this one is. Maybe it's been posted on PS before, but I came across it from a facebook link.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fDKDC_IUnOA

Feel better soon!

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
GF: The. Best. Ever. Thx!

erinl

Brilliant_Rock
Minou--

I just saw this thread, I am so very very sorry this happened! I like netflix, I watch it on my laptop with the headphones since I watch stuff my kids shouldn't watch. I watched Walking Dead, Downton Abbey that way. It also has all kinds of quirky independent movies that have been fun, but I wouldn't rent.

Hugs to you!

bunnycat

Ideal_Rock
Woah Minou! I just read through this and oh my gosh! I am so sorry this happened to you and your poor dogs too! I don't have any suggestions but I do hope you are feeling better soon!

bunnycat

Ideal_Rock
woofmama|1363401160|3406072 said:
Minou-Sorry this happened to you :(sad I didn't read the whole thread so don't know if anyone mentioned this, but a great way to break up fighting dogs is to throw water on them. I know in the heat of the moment it's instinct to reach in with your hands. I've had more than a few aggressive escalations between my dogs and have done the same but haven't been bit yet. I hope all turns out well for you and both your pooches. Sometimes the kindest thing is to rehome one of them. And I do think you're doing the right thing keeping your old gal. I have a crabby old girl too and she needs us, KWIM? I don't expect you to reply. Take care of those broken bones! HUGS!!!

I do this with my cats if they get in to it outside. It generally clears things right up. Angry wet cats for a little while, but it does distract them.

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
bastetcat|1363533378|3407118 said:
woofmama|1363401160|3406072 said:
Minou-Sorry this happened to you :(sad I didn't read the whole thread so don't know if anyone mentioned this, but a great way to break up fighting dogs is to throw water on them. I know in the heat of the moment it's instinct to reach in with your hands. I've had more than a few aggressive escalations between my dogs and have done the same but haven't been bit yet. I hope all turns out well for you and both your pooches. Sometimes the kindest thing is to rehome one of them. And I do think you're doing the right thing keeping your old gal. I have a crabby old girl too and she needs us, KWIM? I don't expect you to reply. Take care of those broken bones! HUGS!!!

I do this with my cats if they get in to it outside. It generally clears things right up. Angry wet cats for a little while, but it does distract them.

Thank you both. Brilliant idea, wished I would've thought of it in the moment :(sad

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results