shape
carat
color
clarity

Finally my ring!! Round with straight baguettes

katrinab

Rough_Rock
My FI did very well to surprise me with a proposal on the weekend :) He took me to Matapaua Bay (little known bay in the Coromandel, here in New Zealand) and proposed on the top of the hill overlooking the beautiful bay and islands. It was already kind of a special spot to us but now it is extra special! http://www.coromandelbeaches.co.nz/beaches/matapaua_bay

On to the ring! I chose and designed the ring and we had it made by a jeweler we know and trust. It is completely hand made in platinum, XXX 0.615ct centre round brilliant G SI2 (eyeclean) with 0.10ct each straight baguettes. I asked to have the diamonds set as low as possible and I'm very happy with the result.

Now to think of a wedding ring to go with it!

_3999.jpg

_4000.jpg

_4001.jpg

_4002.jpg

Orchid Lei

Shiny_Rock
Sweet ring, congrats!

katrinab

Rough_Rock
Hope you enjoy looking! I forgot to mention that I'm a ring size J 1/2 (NZ) which I think is a size 5.

ringpic8.jpg

_4003.jpg

ringpic10.jpg

ringpic11.jpg

SB621

Ideal_Rock
Oh very classic and pretty and I LOVE the proposal story! :D

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congrats on your perfect ring!!!!

Jax172

Brilliant_Rock
Very classy design. Congrats!!

D

Deactivated member 42515

Beautiful! Congratulations!!!

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Your ring is gorgeous and elegant!! Congrats!

Rosebloom

Ideal_Rock
Lovely!!

madelise

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congrats! It's so classic. Baguette wedding band to match, maybe? :))

Chewbacca

Brilliant_Rock
Its just lovely! The proposal sounds very sweet. I was happy to see your name pop up, I remember your posts near the end of last year. :D

Congratulations and best wishes to your and your FI!

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congratulations! It is a beautiful ring & looks lovely on you! I lived in NZ for a few years (l'm from the UK) & the Corromandel was always very special. Glad you had such a wonderful proposal :))

lknvrb4

Ideal_Rock
Very pretty, congrats!

Tuckins1

Ideal_Rock
Very pretty ring, and what a gorgeous spot for a proposal! Congrats! :appl:

Polished

Brilliant_Rock
Gorgeous diamond in a very flattering setting. It sounds like you had a dream proposal.

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Your ring is beautiful - congrats!

beachavendrea

Rough_Rock
lovely ring,looks perfect on your hands. I'm from NZ and have never heard of that place in the Coromandel looks like a beautiful spot and makes me very homesick!

mercoledi

Ideal_Rock
Beautiful! I love love love that setting!

Congratulations :appl:

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
It is beautiful! I love that very streamlined, low setting - what a great choice!! It really suits your hand very well!

congratulations on your engagement :))

two_little_birds

Brilliant_Rock
Congratulations! :appl:

Your ring is very classic and suits your hand beautifully!

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
it looks beautiful, but closer hand shots please. We want to see the facet pattern and beautiful flashes! :cheeky:

blingymo

Shiny_Rock
Your ring is beautiful. Congrats and enjoy.

But what I really want to say is - I see all those flowers in the background and am totally jealous that you are enjoying summer!!!

katrinab

Rough_Rock
Thank you everyone for your kind comments! I love it sooo much and waste so much of my day admiring it! I'm currently working part time in a big store with lighting that makes it sparkle like crazy so I can get quite distracted at times :oops:

I will try to get some better close-up pictures. Unfortunately I only have a point-and-shoot camera to borrow at the moment and I'm not sure how to change it to macro mode, but I'll do my best to get some pics which show more detail.

katrinab

Rough_Rock
Note to self: clean your ring before taking photos! Here I was thinking it wasn't too bad but once I transferred all the photos to my computer the bigger images showed how dirty it is. So please excuse the muckyness!

I went to some B&M stores since I last posted to try on some wedding rings with my ering. Tried on heaps but didn't like any of them. Even the plain plat/white gold ones didn't work because my ering has a fairly heavy, thick, sharp-edged band and anything with a rounded edge looked funny next to it. So I think I'll have to go down the custom road again. Probably cheaper that way anyway, the mark-up in jewelry stores here (NZ) is phenomenal!

dscn0463.jpg

dscn0468.jpg

dscn0475.jpg

dscn0484.jpg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results