shape
carat
color
clarity

It's finally here! My AVC in a Bella Halo by JbEG

purplesilk

Ideal_Rock
:appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl:
More hand shots, please!!!!!!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous!! :love: Would love to see some close-ups!

vinjewels

Brilliant_Rock
Beautiful! The bella is such a unique piece and I love the tilted halo. :love: :love:
The rose gold really puts your diamond on showcase. Some halos blend the center stone with the melee. You stone needs to be the main attracton IMO.
Congrats!

stargurl78

Ideal_Rock
It's beautiful! Love your AVC and that setting is stunning :love:

baby nurse

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Your ring is gorgeous! Love the AVC and the delicate rose gold halo :love:

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congrats resonance :appl: I'm glad to hear that it's everything you hoped for!!

04diamond<3

Ideal_Rock
It's beautiful!!! Congrats!! :)

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow, gorgeous!

Resonance.Of.Life

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks, everyone!

I am still trying to figure out how to photograph this beauty to show what I see with my own eyes.. but everytime I try to photograph it.. the rose gold turns out to be very orange versus the lovely soft pink I see with my own eyes. >_<

Any suggestions on how to fix this? Even in diffused lighting it appears orange in photographs! Also, any point and shoot cameras to suggest (mine is 3 years old).

Resonance.Of.Life

Brilliant_Rock
photo_3.png
photo(1).png photo(23).jpg photo(24).jpg

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think it looks beautiful, and the rose gold is such a pretty, feminine touch!

Cachette

Brilliant_Rock
So pretty!!!! :love:

Enjoy your gorgeous ring!!!

Cachette :))

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
beautiful profile shot! Lovely mount and claws! Looks beautiful!

(Love your nails!!!)

CaprineSun

Brilliant_Rock
It's stunning!!

catia

Shiny_Rock
Wow--how beautiful!!

I've had my eye on that setting for some time!

I'm soooo curious about your entire experience--from the rock to the ring to your finger LOL

So can I ask what are the other specs on the ring?

like how big is the halo, how thick is the shank etc-I looked all over the site & there was no info.

Also--what was it that you changed?-I read your other thread about the cads-but really, I don't notice much difference except maybe the paisley things do not look as bulbuous-like at the botton--trying to figure what you changed .

When I originally saw this setting I thought it looked perfect for a cushion-didn't think it'd need much modification--am I wrong?

Also--the site doesn't say anything about 14k gold-so was this an issue?
Is the 14k pinker?
is the basket WG or plat?

Sorry-i'm new here I wanted to PM you to ask you details, but i guess there is no way to send a private message.

Asking so many questions because jbeg is stopping their custom settings, so I gotta make a decision & there's not enough info on their site-the pics are awesome though!

Resonance.Of.Life

Brilliant_Rock
Catia:

First of all, thank you for your kind words :)

I was a PITA to Erica and she has the patience of a Saint for putting up with my indecisiveness. :) I don't know the total weight of the diamonds involved but I had 14k rose gold with platinum for the undergallery and shank (I have a gold allergy and needed to avoid gold touching my skin, lest I wanted a nasty rash).

The Halo is approx 2mm for each paisley section. So it adds quite a bit of visual impact on the finger. I had the shank at it's widest point as 2mm, and it tapers at the top (no idea how thin it is when it tapers for the cathedral portion of the shank).

I had the angle of the halo tipped 30 degrees so it softened the look which I liked. I was just contemplating on whether or not when I had two sets of CADs if I wanted the halo to be more "cushiony" or to be more like the original and I went with the original look.

There were no issues with the 14k I just simply liked the pinker tone of the gold. The 18k to me had too much yellow in it for my liking.
Honestly, Erica was a complete doll and I have nothing but praise for her and Grace (I've worked with them before when I consigned my 2.73 carat antique cushion). Don't hesitate to contact them. Everyone who has seen my ring in person has been completely enamored with the gorgeous and unique design :)

catia

Shiny_Rock
I'll bet everyone loves it!
Now you'll have an extremely *limited edition* ring!

So I understand the 2mm for each paisley thing, what I mean was do you know the actual 'spread' of the entire halo part?

In the pic you posted of your hand on your leg, I can hold my hand to the screen & it's life size, so & almost the same size as my hand---hanks for posting that pic!!! My ring finger is a 4 3/4, so very close.
Gives me the best 'life size' to try to guage by, but trying to figure the actual size.

LOL I am *NOT* a halo person, I like the old art deco ones on others--but--this particular design changed my mind--to me it doesn't "feel" like a halo.

So what types of things did you feel were to be considered with this type of ring?
What was the reason you changes the angle & made it tipped 30 degrees?
Does that affect the way it feels or functions when you wear it every day--or was it strictly for your visual preferance? Meaning does it catch less on clothes or rise less? Will this affect the ability to wear a band flush?

Also, you wrote you got a different size than you normally wear to account for a band--I didn't understand that--I'm a 1st timer--does wearing a band affect the size I'd need?

I too am looking at 1ct size stones, if budget will allow, & I gotta say--yours looks like a *honker* on your hand--seriously looks BIG!!!
I guess that's the one good thing about having small hands :)

What type of affect do you notice with the pink gold against your diamond in real life?
Did it change how you perceived the color? You saw your diamond loose before setting right?
Does the diamond reflect some of the color?
I will be getting a warmer stone & wonder if I will get contrast or if it blends when you set a warmer diamond in rose gold.
Probably I'll get considerably warmer than a J.

I also wondered if it were possible to get platinum prongs, or if that would change the appearance too much--what do you think?

All of the feedback I've seen for Jbeg is positive, both here & other places, I've been stalking their stuff for a while, they have such beautiful stuff, it's good to know they are great to work with.

Resonance.Of.Life

Brilliant_Rock
Catia:

I do not know the exact spread of the halo but I suspect it is less than a normal bella halo for the equivalently sized center stone simply because I had the halo angled and therefore the horizontal spread would be less.

Pictures are very misleading when it comes to a ring on your finger versus the screen. In actuality I am a size 3.5 but I sized up to a 4.25 because I wanted to accommodate for swelling and stacking of rings. Also, it's not just my fingers that are small.. my actual hands are tiny too ! My hands are often referred to as 8 year old sized hands. Hands have a great deal of influence when you look at size perception of sized diamonds. For example, my friend has the same sized ring finger, but her hands are bigger than mine and thus giving my ring a smaller look when worn on her finger than mine.

When you have more rings, you need a larger size to accommodate all the space it is taking up on your finger lest you want the dreaded muffin top look ;-) My ring spins around right now because it is almost an entire size bigger than what I really need if I'm not stacking.

Types of things to consider: if you want the wedding band to sit flush it means having the ring sit higher up (which i did not want because I am an RN and do not need it to sit higher than it already does), the pave (are you hard on your hands?), as far as the 30 degree angle tip it was just a visual preference of mine it has no functional use to angle the halo in such a manner.

I did not see the diamond before it was set since it was sent in a temp solitaire for my fiance to propose with. I will however say it did look a lot whiter in a solitaire than in the rose gold halo.. but I like that. How low of a color are you going to go with your stone? Is it a cushion or a round? Also, if you're going to go warmer, I would probably suggest platinum if you really want that contrast.. but also ask Erica on her opinion since she has many warmer stones she's had and knows better than I about diamond colors and metal choices ;-)

catia

Shiny_Rock
ROL--
Ok, I now see what you mean about needing a slightly larger size when stacking w/bands--a coworker let me play with her set & they were 2 diff sizes.

Anyway, I am wondering about the process you went through with Jbeg.
I have never ordered custom jewelry.
So I am wondering about *all* things you needed to consider, & since you have this setting, hope you don't mind the questions.

I am so stuck on this dang Bella!!!! Eeeek.I even remember when it was 1st posted with cads on another site.

What did you need more than 1 cad of? was is just because you were considering a cushiony shaped halo--i wasn't sure if i read that right or not.

Do they give you a choice of how high the setting sits? I ask cuz in the pics from jbeg site re:bella actaul photos IRL--she shows it with a platinum bezel diamond band & it looks like it sits well.

Does the 14kt rose gold a special request? I do like the more pink 'white zinfindel' colored rose gold & that is what yours looks like in the jbeg photos. How was it that you knew the 14k would be pinker--i guess that's what I am getting at.

How is it cleaning this ring?
How do you choose the melee?
Is there an option?
Is the milgrain as crisp as it appears?
How secure is the under the melee underneath?

The jbeg site is wonderful for pics & descriptions of aesthetics--but doesn't give much detail as far as what the processes are.
Do you know if it is cast or hand forged or how it is produced?

I am really STUCK on this one. It's EXPENSIVE for my budget & I want a ring that's gonna last, the other setting I love I can get both the semi-mount & the band custom for same price because it is cast plat.

If anything goes wrong with the setting (melee comes loose or something like the band breaks)what type of guarantee do you have?
I did email a few weeks ago, after doing an extensive search for info here & on jbeg site for info on guarantee.
I did get a response, but it was kind of vague as to what is covered. Do you get something in writing that is clear?

I know Jbeg is well loved & respected here, I just am asking because they are stopping their custom settings line--so I'm curious.

madelise

Ideal_Rock
Premium
catia, if you want to jump for your dream ring, you gotta do it soon! jbeg soon will no longer be making their settings! ;( ROL's really is one of a kind!

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
YAY! I'm so excited you've finally got your ring on your hand!

I know you and JBEG worked so hard for this! And seeing the result, it was worth it!!!

Congratulations honey!

mimi72

Shiny_Rock
R.O.L - Wonderful!! All the thought and time you put into planning the details of your ring have really paid off. I love how the rose gold sets off the stone and the halo. Enjoy wearing it!! :appl: :appl:

Resonance.Of.Life

Brilliant_Rock
Catia:

The only thing I didn't consider was if I wanted a wedding band to sit flush with the engagement ring, but I am not that particular if it does or not. If it bothers you you might want to ask it to be designed for a band to sit flush with it.

As far as the CADs, I required more than one because I was considering a bella halo that followed more of the cushiony look (more square) rather than the round bella.. but in the end I realized the original was better. And thanks to Gypsy who pointed out my cushiony bella looked like a bunch of mustaches around the diamond (which made me bust out laughing) and I think that would have drove me nuts if I realized it AFTER it was on my finger.

I just went with the standard bella, but I'm sure you can ask for a particular height if required. The thing is the actual Bella photos are also with a 2+ carat OEC which are cut rather deep and therefore, it will sit higher and the setting will be higher up too than for a 1 carat stone. Get what I am saying here? For example my stone is 3.94 mm deep (height) and while my old 2.73 carat antique cushion was 5.60 mm deep (height). So the setting would be higher and allow it to accommodate a wedding band much more easily.

I asked specifically for 14kt after the jeweler said it would be feasible and would work with it. I went through many photos online and took a look at their 18k rose gold settings and decided it had too much yellow gold in it and thus, to my eyes, looked yellower and not as rosy. With the 14kt rose gold it has more mixture and less yellow gold and looked pinker to my eyes.

I clean it just with soap and water and sometimes with that diamond dazzler stick and just blow dry it with my hair dryer so I don't get water spots. I chose full cuts because Erica explained that they looked brighter with the setting rather than the single cuts and showed me comparison photos of a bella with full cuts versus single cuts and I decided that I liked the full cuts a lot more. The milgrain is as crisp but it's very delicate, which I love. The melee underneath (if you're talking about the fleur de lis gallery) is just as secure as any other melee on the ring.

It is cast as far as I know (Erica may want to comment if otherwise). But honestly, for this design I would suggest CAD especially for the halo portion. Hand-forged is quite more costly. For example: I got a quote from VC for a handforged Harry Winston-esque halo and it was about $4500 and that is a much simpler design. But, I must say I do love a hand-forged piece and I have seen handforged pieces and held them.. they do have a night hefty feel to them. Some designs just aren't hand-forged friendly. So just be prepared to pay a lot more for a hand-forged piece, but take a look at pieces similar to what you want created from the original to see if they can pull off that style. Otherwise it will end up as a very expensive project that you will be disappointed in.

For me, the design and aesthetics and having worked with JBEG before, I had no hesitation for this design. It is a solid and gorgeous ring and my fiance paid handsomely (might I add it was almost the same cost as the diamond itself) for this setting. I cannot imagine having gotten anything different. I get compliments daily on it and I am so enamored with the unique look it gives.

As far as the melee guarantee, unless it's a manufacturing issue it is up to you to replace it (Erica or Grace, if I'm wrong please correct me). Because melee is BOUND to get loose at some point and it depends on how harsh you are with your hands. Should a vendor have to replace a melee diamond if you work out with the ring or do gardening and bang the heck out of it? For me if I were the vendor, no. Because pave in itself is inherently delicate. That's another reason why I love the bella, the plain shank that I can bang around just by doing normal every day activities (opening/closing doors, ect) and not lose a stone off the shank. I would liken it to like the guarantee on a new car. If it's a manufacturing issue, sure Toyota will replace the car or the part right? If it's because you drove it like a maniac and have bent the axle out of alignment, should Toyota have to replace it for free? I don't think so.

Gypsy: Thank you for all your help too ! If i ever get a bigger stone or a colored stone I would in a heartbeat do the design you recommended. I just felt with the design and my diamond being on the smaller size, it would get overwhelmed. :) Another BIG thank you for pointing out the mustaches ;-)

Mimi: thanks! :) I am so enamored with this setting!

mamato3blessings

Rough_Rock
This is such a beautiful ring! I'm considering a ring like this. Do you know the gram weight by chance? I like heft, but I have no idea what to expect weight wise from a ring like this.

Thanks and enjoy it!

two_little_birds

Brilliant_Rock
Not sure how I missed this post, but I love it! :love:

Gorgeous! :appl:

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That stone is causing a medical problem here; salivary gland overstimulation. Help, so jaw droppingly beautiful!

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
that is a beauty!!.. :love:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results